Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 07:09 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,851,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Mocking the disabled reporter (along with all other crude and crass remarks) were caught ON camera! CNN had nothing to do with it - caught...on...camera. No CNN needed for proof of that one. BTW, if he simply disagreed with the reporter, he should have simply said "That reporter doesn't know what he's talking about". No mimicking of his condition necessary.
Nope. I saw the video. Trump uses that gesture all the time when he is showing that something being said is ridiculous. If you watched all his speeches, you would know this. He does it to anyone who's questioning or accusations he finds to be ridiculous and over the top.

CNN and their followers just twisted it thinking that it would keep Trump from getting elected. It didn't work because people with half a brain did their own research and didn't let CNN do their thinking for them.

That thing is history. You can bring it up over and over again to no avail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 07:13 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,851,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why would anyone think anyone else is not allowed to critique Trump and the way he revels in behaving like a jackass? Is every American citizen not allowed an opinion?
Of course, and others have a right to opine your opinion. You have a right to opine your opinion of my opinion............

Old 07-06-2018, 07:14 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,850,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump's comments should be condemned by everyone. True heroes and not a phony and fraudulent one like Trump. But Trump will not be condemned because we live in a small and diminishing society where mockery, is considered by a great many, is to be praised and not condemned.

There is no civility in the age of Trump. Only bile.

Trump under fire for criticizing ailing 94-year-old George HW Bush | Daily Mail Online
Surprise, Surprise that our Dear Leader doesn't get the thousand points of light. The only thing our Dear Leader understands is thousands doing things on behalf of him.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:15 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,406,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh, for God’s sake. I think Trump says some of the most idiotic things on Earth and could benefit from a gag. Further, I think Bush Senior was a one of the most underrated and under appreciated presidents in my lifetime, and I really, really liked him when he was in office. But Trump said nothing insulting to Bush. He made a negative comment about something that I would expect his greedy little self to be disdainful of - 1000 Points of Light. Not the man who came up with the term, the term itself.

I said this before, Trump does plenty of things to get outraged over, there is no reason for people to go looking for things to blow up into something it is not. I, for one, am flat out desensitized to complaints about him because I have been overexposed to people getting themselves in a dither over things that either don’t matter and are exaggerated to the point of absurdity. This fits in the latter category.
I agree in part and disagree in part. I agree with your comments regarding GHW Bush. I disagree as whether Trump was being disrespectful or mocking Bush. Obviously, many thought he was, and not just Democrats but Republicans as well.

The question is do words matter. Does your course of conduct matter? You say you are "desensitized to the complaints", but are you not really saying you are desensitized to Trump's words?

Living in a free society we should never be desensitized to the words of our elected officials. After all, words are all we have to understand what our leaders think.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:16 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,040,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Despite all his $$$ Trump has yet to acquire a gram of any form of class other than the low he exhibits every day.
Exactly. Trump is a sociopath scumbag. Even if one does not factor in his bigoted, hard-right politics and his utter contempt for everything this nation represents, he is still a horrible human being who has spent his whole live as a white-collar thug. He deserve nothing of contempt, and at his eventual passing, no one will mourn. The smallest man to ever hold the office of president, a pathetic brat with the wealth of Midas, a heart of stone, and an empty soul. Worthless - completely, utterly worthless.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:16 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,607,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
A comedian dressed up in his Church Lady gab and doing satire within days of Bush Sr. talking about his thousands points of light vs. Mr. Trump mocking the thousand points of light while x-President Bush Sr is gravely ill. Anyone who can't honestly see a difference must be a Russian bot because humans have hearts and brains and generally use them, with the exception of Mr. Trump, of course, who lacks heart.
problem with your argument was the complete lack of mocking on trump's part.
anyone who can't see that must be a brain dead LWNJ.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:17 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Nope. I saw the video. Trump uses that gesture all the time when he is showing that something being said is ridiculous. If you watched all his speeches, you would know this. He does it to anyone who's questioning or accusations he finds to be ridiculous and over the top.

CNN and their followers just twisted it thinking that it would keep Trump from getting elected. It didn't work because people with half a brain did their own research and didn't let CNN do their thinking for them.

He over played it when mocking that guy...he just did.

And -- can we all admit -- even if we had the childish, boarish habit of making ridiculous faces, voices and hand gestures to mock someone to make ourselves look better....wouldn't you be careful doing it when you know that someone has obvious physical traits that look like your childish behaviour.

It was inappropriate.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:18 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,040,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post

People who did their own research would have realized it was foolish to trust Trump with their wallet, much less the nation - his record of horrible behavior was well-established many years ago. There was little excuse for voting for him, and none whatsoever for continuing to support him as he's run roughshod over everything this nation represents and worked hard to tear down law, order, civil rights, and our society itself. Those who lick Trump's boots today and make every excuse for him would have not have trusted Trump with their money, house, or wife before he ran for office and they decided to let Fox News and Brietbart do their thinking for them.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Why bring up the thousands points of light.

We all have someone we know that constantly is trashing everyone else around them because they are insecure and don't have confidence in who they are.

That's Trump.

There is no need to criticize every President before you to try and justify your ability.

Just do it -- stop trashing others.

It's sad and pathetic.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:22 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Is this post supposed to convince others of your own maturity?

No, it's supposed to express scorn for a group of people who got their panties all knotted up over a POTUS merely putting his feet up on his desk yet fawn all over a pathetic little man who mocks the infirm and who's too much of a chicken**** to ever do anything like that face to face, he's a real keyboard warrior.

Last edited by burdell; 07-06-2018 at 07:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies