Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2018, 04:56 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times

Advertisements

I reside in a 20 storey building among blacks, yellow, red, brown,white, seniors, and Church of Satan member (don't like being near him but he does ride the elevator with me).

But I don't live in USA where there are is a large AFR-AMER population and pervasive problems such as there is. I can only look at the topic from afar.

What I see is a race living in America that has lost all hope, lost their languages, lost their families of origin, their countries, feeling less than and trying to regain lost confidence/power within them selves. And have lost their children to gangs and violence. if you are downtrodden you will rebel.

I ave thought about AFR-AMER policing AFT-AMER from within the community. No policemen, just elders, respected members of the community, wealthy/middle-class AFT-AMER, sports figures, AFR-AMER graduates, churches, community workers, AFR-AMER former prisoners who turned around, etc. Hang posters with stories about famous black inventors and how they worked the system to become highly regarded in their field. So what if someone rips them down at least one young man or woman would read it and maybe given hope.

I can see also that poverty is pervasive in this community and there are large barriers to AFR-AMER trying to enter mainstream. There is so much resentment for the slave trade which has passed down generation through generation. The wounds have to be healed. And that movement will have to be started by AFR-AMER for AFR-AMER using their cultural roots to do it.
Healing from within their race which only they know about. Become a strong figures of their culture.

Old 07-06-2018, 04:57 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Even our Govt has a program called "See Something Say Something" on people being suspicious.

White people see a lot of suspicious people. Best to call and get it checked out.

https://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something

Old 07-06-2018, 05:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
White people have been calling police on black people over nothing for a long time

Today:
Black Americans account for:

53% of all Murder, in the USA
69% oif all Violent Crime, in the USA
72% of all robbery, burglary, theft, in the USA

Yet, only 13% of all the USA population.
You really wonder why the police profile them and "others" can be terrified by their presents(self preservation has a lot to do with it) Culture of evil persist among. I get called racist, if I try to explain the fix.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:18 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Or the black kid who knocked on someones door for directions and had a shotgun pointed at him.
It's just crazy out there right now in Trump's America.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:19 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Today:

You really wonder why the police profile them and "others" can be terrified by their presents(self preservation has a lot to do with it) Culture of evil persist among. I get called racist, if I try to explain the fix.

If that is true then about 7500 of the 17,250 murders in the US in 2017 were committed by African Americans. In 2017, 5% of the 877,000 doctors in the US were black. That is approximately 43,000 black doctors.

Now....with 7500 blacks committing murder and 43,000 black doctors, why are blacks more likely to be judged by whites as likely murderers than doctors?

Blacks committing violent crime is less than 1% of the total black population. If its true that statistics warrant blacks being seen as murderers, they warrant blacks being seen as successful doctors or scientist of business owners even more so. Thus, if people are justifying blacks being treated negatively.....its because society is preoccupied with focusing on the negative behavior of blacks.....as opposed to the positive. Any society that is tilted toward showing the negative side of a race of people can be argued to be doing so out of INTENT in order to create or preserve a racist narrative and to keep society looking down upon blacks and having justification for doing so by an overshadowing focus on the negative.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 07-06-2018 at 05:36 PM..

Old 07-06-2018, 05:34 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Today:

What does any of this have to do with Black people who are not criminals?

I don't deny the statistics. I just don't care. When someone calls the cops on me just because I'm there, I don't care what the statistics are on Black crime. I only care about what is being done to me, period. Now, answer my question. Why should I put up with be viewed as a threat or suspicious? What is in it for me?

Old 07-06-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
And the winner is...

Statics are the conscious of a racist so that he or she does not feel bad for being a racist. Racism today is about plausible deniability. In other words, they need a pretext to unleash their racism so their racism is not seen as being at the root of their actions.

You can see that clearly in some of the social experiments set up on the TV series 20/20. There was an episode where a white guy was trying to get a bike unlocked in a park vs a black guy dressed the same way trying to do the same thing at a different time. Of course, few people confronted the white guy for possibly trying to steal a bike......but they immediately confronted the black guy. The plausible deniability in that was that the reaction toward the black person was justified by the behavior of the black person, not his color. However, the juxtaposition of the experiment demonstrated that a white person having the same behavior was not treated the same.
This is how I see statistics. I do not care, unless it is something that I should be really worried about. I know what the statistics say. Statistics in itself are not racist. People are. People who only use statistics as a way to justify their hatred for Black people are themselves bigots trying to justify their actions. It is not so much just plausible deniability. There is evidence of said person's bigoted attitudes. However, it is more or less about trying to make the the unacceptable acceptable. Said persons know what they are doing. Rather it isn't about admitting to the action, it is admitting to wrong-doing. What better way to deny any wrong doing than to get other people to see one's actions as acceptable.

I've seen those social experiments on 20/20. I've seen that particular episode. It makes me consider that I have to always be on my Ps and Qs just so I don't attract any attention, and even that might not be enough.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:52 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Can someone out there please explain to me what statistics about black crime have anything to do with people calling the police on 12 year old black kids mowing neighbor's lawns, or a Subway clerk calling the police on a black family quietly enjoying their dinner for nearly an hour at a Subway restaurant, and so on and so forth?

Pretty please, with sugar on top?
I mentioned a long time ago in this thread that two different issues are being discussed. Some people are discussing incidents like white people calling the cops on a 12 year old girl (or similarly the black family using a grill at a park or a black student sleeping in the common room of a dorm). Those have nothing to do with black crime statistics, and in all cases, the white women involved seemed to be off. There is no defending that, and all incidents were really a waste of the police time.

The other thing being discussed is if someone sees someone suspicious in their neighborhood. That is where people have mentioned that biases based on race crime statistics can kick in. As people are generally encouraged to report something suspicious, their experiences and statistics about violent crime may come into play, whether it's right or wrong.

Although, I've mentioned that for me personally, it's way more than race. If I saw a black person (or any race) who I didn't know, and who is out in the open and doing something like moving the lawn or doing property work; I would not call the cops. If someone had any suspicion and it is out in the open during the middle of the day, I said that I would recommend a friendly conversation, which would likely quell any suspicions. However, dress, mannerisms, etc can change the circumstances, regardless of race.

Again people are discussing different scenarios. Not just the 12 year old selling lemonade.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Or the black kid who knocked on someones door for directions and had a shotgun pointed at him.
That has never happened to me before. However, I wonder how many people would try to justify that happening to said kid.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:06 PM

482 posts, read 242,369 times
Quote:
If that is true then about 7500 of the 17,250 murders in the US in 2017 were committed by African Americans. In 2017, 5% of the 877,000 doctors in the US were black. That is approximately 43,000 black doctors.

Now....with 7500 blacks committing murder and 43,000 black doctors, why are blacks more likely to be judged by whites as likely murderers than doctors?

Blacks committing violent crime is less than 1% of the total black population. If its true that statistics warrant blacks being seen as murderers, they warrant blacks being seen as successful doctors or scientist of business owners even more so. Thus, if people are justifying blacks being treated negatively.....its because society is preoccupied with focusing on the negative behavior of blacks.....as opposed to the positive. Any society that is tilted toward showing the negative side of a race of people can be argued to be doing so out of INTENT in order to create or preserve a racist narrative and to keep society looking down upon blacks and having justification for doing so by an overshadowing focus on the negative.
Because they make up over 50% of all murderers and only 5% of doctors.
That's why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies