Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 09:17 AM

307 posts, read 224,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I really can't think of anything. He can't even eat ice cream without triggering the liberals. No matter what he says, it's proof of collusion with Russia. Even if he doesn't say anything at all, it's proof that he has dementia. Maybe the dems can help us identify something that actually doesn't offend them.
You're taking this to an extreme. I prefer facts.
1. If the guys in office can eat ice cream without shouting profanities or attempting to deflect what's going on with him, I would not be offended.
2. If the thing didn't keep lashing out at everyone (and it's obvious this is done to deflect from all that's going on with his organization), I'd start to believe in it.
3. When it rants and raves with ice cream in its mouth about how great Putin and un and Duterte are, that would also allow me to start believing it.
4. If he showed any kind of true belief in our country and became patriot to us and defended us against foreign adversaries, that would sway me to.
5. If the Senate and the intelligence agencies didn't support the fact that Russia actually did commit cyberwar (being smashed by the regime because it's truth), I wouldn't be offended.
6. If they stopped discrediting Mueller, stalling for time, and allowing the investigating to be completed, I'd believe it.
7. If the cabinet weren't full of oligarchs most of whom have Russian/Saudi connections, I'd believe the things in power.

But they're all acting beyond guilty as sin and we have experienced a weird kind of coup. Guess what - that's fact, too.

What I see is Putin pulling the strings and a "president" tearing our country apart. Fact. You're watching too much state-run television.

Last edited by SDWNC; 07-07-2018 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 09:22 AM

307 posts, read 224,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, for a start he could say he's instituting the far better than the ACA plan he alleged time after time after time would be in place immediately after he took office. But we all know living up to his empty promises isn't high on his list of priorities.
Yeah, and most of the base (the only things to whom it caters) believe all the lies coming out of his mouth. Nothing like being brainwashing through constant manipulation.

I'd like a democratic republic back but I don't see that in the cards.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:27 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,494,303 times
Void the international trade agreements and follow that with tariffs to protect domestic industries, as most of the world will be doing eventually. Repeal the mandate part of the ACA.

I am the type of leftist that voted for Bernie, but they shut him out with election fraud, so now I have only disgust left for the Democrats.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:28 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,581,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
A happy face for his resignation---
Exactly what I was going to post--
Trump's resignation would be great but a confession would be better
Ego maniacs like him never confess to anything; even if he resigned, he would cast blame on someone else and supposed fake news.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:33 AM

13,657 posts, read 9,720,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
So your answer is no?
OK, so let's stipulate that the Democrats are incorrigible, hopelessly daft extremists, who would never accede to any reasonable compromise. Is that what you wanted to hear? Fine. What next step do you propose?

Old 07-07-2018, 09:41 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
He could follow up on that promise to replace the ACA with something better that would cover everyone.

He could stop scapegoating. There are problems with immigration in this country, but his obsession with it as the root of all evil has created a whole new segment of single-issue voters who don't care about anything getting their damn wall.

He could stop doing his best to alienate our allies.

He could stop heaping praise on dictators.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:49 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Actually treat people and our system with respect? That would be a great start. Also stop thumbing his nose at our allies while sucking up to Putin and Kim Jong Un.

Also if he’d legalize marijuana he would gain some points with me.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:50 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Oh, the same intelligence agencies that were propped up and run by the deep state?

Same ones that failed the children of Waco, or the Ruby Ridge family?

Same ones that failed to stop 9/11, or were so sure there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq??????
Same intelligence agencies run by Trump appointees who currently claim that Russians interfered in US elections and are attempting to interfere with the 2018 elections.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:55 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The Traitor in Chief has insulted the Democrats and others on such a regular basis it’s getting to be part of his rally speeches. Trumps followers are pretty much the same. What they wouldn't have accepted in the past, they now accept because of Trump. He is like the pied piper of these people. They follow him like sheep and make excuses for everything he does. The whole administration IS THE SWAMP. They all need to go. Never seen so many crooked people in one place in my life.
I used to think when Republicans commented about certain actions of the Obama Administration it was because they disliked the behaviors. Who knew they actually admired the behaviors because in many cases they now praise Trump for doing far worse.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The only thing President Trump could do to win the approval of liberals is to bow to their demands. Looks like he isn't seeking their approval.
He did that and even exceeded those demands with DACA.... Where did that get him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies