Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 12:25 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Is the possession of ammunition protected by the constitution?
. According to the Supreme Court, it most certainly is. Next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 12:33 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Perfect. I can finally sign your report card. Now have a great Summer and enjoy the second grade!
Marc, calm down and enjoy the fact that you share the same beliefs with other educated Americans. You aren’t signing anyone’s report cards, even if they were from the 1st grade. When you’re ready to continue the conversation the adults are willing to let you rejoin whenever you like.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:02 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,389,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
In 2014 over 600,000 abortions were performed in the United States and with the recent revelation that we'll be getting a new and likely conservative justice added to the court the left has become concerned about the possible overturning of Roe vs Wade. There's talk of the SCOTUS outlawing abortion or possibly throwing the issue back to the states.

Nobody wants to take away your abortions ladies, we just want some common sense abortion controls. I mean, why would so many of these people actually need an abortion? Can't we come to some sort of compromise? Perhaps we could eliminate abortions for anyone who's had an abortion before? What about strict background checks for anyone seeking an abortion? What about closing the Planned Parenthood loophole? These seem like common sense abortion controls that everyone should be able to support right?

You are kidding right? You knew your statements would start some ranting.You do want to take away our right to decide for our own body. You say why would these people actually need an abortion. Forget left, right, Dem or Rep. All sides are equal.

Ponder this..
I think Pro-lifers don't realize this is not a trivial act for women. Women do not take abortion lightly. It's the very last resort and the procedure extremely painful. What makes me mad is it seems to be okay for the father to disappear or deny its their baby. Society cannot continue to accept that. Its so patriarchal.

If abortions are outlawed women will resume going to backroom abortionists who use things like coat hangers stuck into the womb. Women bleed to death or get a life-threatening infection or are left infertile.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:11 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So, for instance, you think a woman who develops a life threatening heart condition during pregnancy should die if she cant's pay for the abortion necessary to save her life?

How many of the millions of abortions every year fit that scenario?

Fact is, that the vast majority of abortions are preformed due to people not being willing to accept the consequences of their irresponsible behavior.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Or he could grow up and kill you with a gun.

Half the women who seek abortions were using contraception during the cycle in which they conceived. Contraceptives are not perfect, they can fail even when used as they are designed to be. Even sterilizations can fail. Is the woman whose partner's vasectomy fails being irresponsible?

Not every woman has cycles that are predictable enough for her to know when she will be most fertile. As you note, condoms break. Every method of contraception has a failure rate, including sterilization.

You have anything to substantiate your opinion that women seeking abortions are careless sluts? Maybe the link below will be enlightening.

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states

From your link:

"The reasons patients gave for having an abortion underscored their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. The three most common reasons—each cited by three-fourths of patients—were concern for or responsibility to other individuals; the inability to afford raising a child; and the belief that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents. Half said they did not want to be a single parent or were having problems with their husband or partner."

Sounds like an awfully inconvenient situation to me.....

Also from your link:

"Fifty-one percent of abortion patients in 2014 were using a contraceptive method in the month they became pregnant, most commonly condoms (24%) or a hormonal method (13%)."

Condoms are notoriously used incorrectly.

And 51% sounds like a claim to me.

And if 24% claim to have used condoms and 13% claim to be using hormonal methods, then what were the other 63% using?

The rhythm method?

Crossing their fingers?

Sure, sometimes BC fails.... but when used properly, modern BC methods are very reliable.

Again.....

Exceptions to the rule don't disprove the rule.....the vast majority of the abortions preformed are due to the people not wanting to accept the consequences of their irresponsible actions.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:37 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

Fact is, that the vast majority of abortions are preformed due to people not being willing to accept the consequences of their irresponsible behavior.
Just wondering how you know about the statistics on why women get abortions.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:38 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:

Well the question becomes, are you willing to pay for the woman with the heart condition who needs an abortion, who doesn't have health insurance?

If you're so against abortion on demand, are you willing to have your taxes increased to pay for all those "bundles of joy from Jesus"?

It seems that many pro-lifers are the biggest complainers about increased social spending. So if you're so pro-life, you won't be objecting to the stereotypical welfare mother with the 6 kids, buying steaks with her EBT card, while talking on her iPhone X and then stuffing all those groceries in her new Suburban with the big wheels. Right?

Human behavior hasn't changed much in the last 100,000 years. Horny Captain Kirks and their lusty alien babes outnumber the logical Mr. Spocks and their Vulcan girlfriends in the world by a considerable margin. When that margin is reversed, perhaps we can have a discussion on limiting abortion.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:47 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm just talking about common sense abortion controls that all Americans agree on, what's not reasonable about that?
Because all Americans includes men, and the ultimate final decision in each instance should be up to each individual woman, not any man. Not me, nor any other man.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Well the question becomes, are you willing to pay for the woman with the heart condition who needs an abortion, who doesn't have health insurance?

If you're so against abortion on demand, are you willing to have your taxes increased to pay for all those "bundles of joy from Jesus"?

It seems that many pro-lifers are the biggest complainers about increased social spending. So if you're so pro-life, you won't be objecting to the stereotypical welfare mother with the 6 kids, buying steaks with her EBT card, while talking on her iPhone X and then stuffing all those groceries in her new Suburban with the big wheels. Right?

Human behavior hasn't changed in the last 100,000 years. Horny Captain Kirks outnumber the logical Mr. Spocks in the world by a considerable margin. When that margin is reversed, perhaps we can have a discussion on limiting abortion.

I wouldn't call myself a "Pro Lifer" ....at least not in the way that you would probably define it.

I take a Libertarian stance on abortion.

Just because I find it personally abhorrent, doesn't mean that I think it should be illegal.

But that doesn't mean that the public should be forced to pay for yours either.....no matter why you need it.

Now..... if you can convince someone that you really need an abortion and ask them to pay for it....that's between you, them and whatever God you may or may not worship.

You can start by hitting up the Baby Daddy....as he bears half of the responsibility.

I've managed to go through 54 years of my life without getting a girl pregnant unintentionally.... including having sex as a teenager.

Truth is, it wasn't that difficult....a bit of personal responsibility goes a long way.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:51 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:

Why are you deflecting instead of answering my question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies