Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 10:14 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Your crazies are now your center.
I was schooled in this very thread that it's not a tiny percentage. I was sad to hear that but still it is only 36% and that's not our center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 10:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
America's been fettered since the day it was born although some of us refer to it as a melting pot. You may have heard that term. Perhaps not in your little corner of world. I'm glad your happy there, may you always be so, and may you never leave.
There's no melting pot or assimilation anymore. More like Americans being assimilated to leftism.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:23 PM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
There's no melting pot or assimilation anymore. More like Americans being assimilated to leftism.
See, I live in a plurality Mexican area 40 miles from the border. I was raised here with first and second generation kids. They're Steeler and Cowgirl fans just like my white buddies. Engineers and professionals and tradesmen. Who speak english better if not equal to you. You are full of it. Why you would want to convince yourself of something mean about others that isn't true is beyond me. Seems dumb.

The Senate, Presidency, Supreme Court, most Governorships and most state houses are GOP. How do you figure we're assimilating to leftism?

You convince yourself of an awful lot of "scary" (to you) things that simply aren't true.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
See, I live in a plurality Mexican area 40 miles from the border. I was raised here with first and second generation kids. They're Steeler and Cowgirl fans just like my white buddies. Engineers and professionals and tradesmen. Who speak english better if not equal to you. You are full of it. Why you would want to convince yourself of something mean about others that isn't true is beyond me. Seems dumb.

The Senate, Presidency, Supreme Court, most Governorships and most state houses are GOP. How do you figure we're assimilating to leftism?

You convince yourself of an awful lot of "scary" (to you) things that simply aren't true.
I'm not full of anything. I've lived in America my whole life and been all around the country. I've seen no diversity and I've seen lots of diversity caused by our increasingly open border polices. And I know diversity and continuous population growth is not preferable.

Both parties have shifted leftward, and the Republican party is living on borrowed time due to all the democrats that were imported.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:47 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
I'm not speaking for the poster but what I want to do is stop them and follow the law by looking at those that want refugee status and deciding then I. I want illegals to become legal on the books so they can pay taxes etc. I want employers to quit providing such an enticing reason for them to come. I want our quotas to represent reality not the desires of white Americans for only white people. I love Hispanic culture and I'm not threatened by it. It adds to it doesn't take away.
There are quotas that only let white people into the country? What are you talking about? Seriously, explain this to me, because I've never heard of this.

So you want illegals to be made legal? So anyone who comes into this country should be made a legal citizen. How is that not advocating for open borders?

Old 11-10-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They should be stopped at the border and turned around unless there is substance to their claims on asylum. Yes anyone caught living here illegally should be deported, this has been our policy for decades.
Well okay, then you don't want open borders. But a lot of other people here do, despite their claims to the contrary.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:51 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Democrats want AMNESTY. Amnesty is OPEN BORDERS. Pretty simple.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Rather than debating Healthcare, employment at will, SS, 3 million imprisoned Americans, long term care, stagnant wages, the wage gap, regressive taxation ...

[/b]
Immigration effects most of these things. Do you really think that letting tens of millions impoverished people into the country doesn't have an impact on wages for the poor and social welfare states? How could you possibly think that?

Old 11-10-2018, 06:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Pubs want CHEAP LABOR.

That's why they're the ones hiring all these illegals to work in the poultry, meat packing, home construction, janitorial services, and ag-related industries.

And that's why illegal hiring will continue; it benefits the "right people".

You, me, and everyone we know are NOT the "right people."

We need to get focused.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:56 AM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Nope. We wanted the border closed and employers to have been punished sufficiently to put an end to it but you guys (from Newt on) wouldn't work with us so they came anyway.

What to do with them once they're here does not equate to open borders. If you can come up with a plan to deport 12 million without turning America into a Gestapo run secret police state then I'd listen. I don't think it's possible, so the next thing down the line we can do is put them on the books (Not make them citizens) and at least then we know who lives in our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
There are quotas that only let white people into the country? What are you talking about? Seriously, explain this to me, because I've never heard of this.

So you want illegals to be made legal? So anyone who comes into this country should be made a legal citizen. How is that not advocating for open borders?
You misinterpreted me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies