Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 10:38 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I say pull out of NATO. Let the Eurotrash defend themselves.
That is what President Trump is saying. They increase their population by almost 10% by admitting a bunch of refugees and then expect the United States to subsidize this by allowing them to spend more on "social programs" and sticking us with their defense. The German people should be paying for Merkel's "compassion".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 10:38 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Forbes puts his estimated worth at 3.1 billion including 2 billion in real estate. If that is the definition of failure I can only hope to fail so spectacularly.

https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#2fed2caa2899

7 $BILLION LESS THAN THE LYING BS-er claims! He's still a J-O-K-E as a businessman!

Old 07-11-2018, 10:44 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Obama also publicly demanded that NATO countries pull their own weight. So in this, Trump is just following through in supporting the policy recommendations made by Barack Obama.

Quote:
Obama urges NATO members to pull their weight

11/15/2016

“I want to take this opportunity to commend Greece for being one of the five NATO allies that spends 2 percent of GDP on defense, a goal that we have consistently set but not everybody has met,” Obama said. “Greece has done this even during difficult economic times. If Greece can meet this NATO commitment, all our NATO allies should be able to do so.”

Old 07-11-2018, 10:45 AM

26,514 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This ^^^
If Europe doesn’t care enough to fund its security, then why should we care and carry most of the financial burden?
Let’s put those soldiers and militaryresources on our border. We’d recoup billions in welfare and schooling costs of illegals plus all the money the soldiers would be spending in America instead of Europe for essentials and recreation.
During the 2016 election the topic came up about shutting down US bases in Europe if Europe wouldn't honor the agreement that they made and a Hillary voter said we couldn't do that, because those towns where bases are located need the US money and would collapse.

Not our problem...so we are going to keep 25,000+ personnel in Germany every year from 1945 to eternity, because of silly reasons...when Germany won't even honor the agreement that they made? BS. Pull the bases out and save money.

Germany would rather spend the money on their people than the military agreement that they made...we should do the same.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:47 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL! And just how many of his businesses are still operating...…...
hmmmmmm??? Do a search on how many have F-A-I-L-E-D!!!!!!!

Here we go !! LOL
I so love reading your posts... they just crack me up. Keep them coming, please...

Old 07-11-2018, 10:52 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,196,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Obama also publicly demanded that NATO countries pull their own weight. So in this, Trump is just following through in supporting the policy recommendations made by Barack Obama.
Funny, look at the date. This is after Trump had been hammering this issue for over a year on the campaign trail.

Also, the very first paragraph from your link:
“President Barack Obama echoed President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday, signaling to America’s NATO allies that if Greece can pay its fair share even during an economic crisis, so can the other members of the alliance.”

I know I know, you know trump is right on this and desperately want to give Obama the credit

Old 07-11-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Funny, look at the date. This is after Trump had been hammering this issue for over a year on the campaign trail.

Also, the very first paragraph from your link:
“President Barack Obama echoed President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday, signaling to America’s NATO allies that if Greece can pay its fair share even during an economic crisis, so can the other members of the alliance.”

I know I know, you know trump is right on this and desperately want to give Obama the credit
So, are you saying that Trump forced Obama to make these statements? How did he do that exactly?

Old 07-11-2018, 10:59 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
Just heard Rush talking about this. Has mainstream media reported Trump being praised by the NATO chief for his leadership in getting other members to pony up their fair share of NATO fees? Probably not. They will probably ignore it because it isnt negative.

I had no idea Merkel had a secret deal for a direct gas pipeline from Russia to Germany for cheaper gas. How do other NATO counties feel about this spedial deal for cheap Russian gas? Is Merkel Putin's puppet? Merkel is hanging by a thread politically in her own country so maybe she will finally get the boot. The populist nationalist movement will get a big boost, too.

Trump wants to sell our allies our own LNG (liquid natural gas). Wait, I thought he was Putin's puppet? If that was true, Pinocchio has cut his strings and run away!

Old 07-11-2018, 11:00 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,196,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So, are you saying that Trump forced Obama to make these statements? How did he do that exactly?
I’m saying it’s laughable to suggest Trump is following Obama on this issue. If anything it was the other way around.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I’m saying it’s laughable to suggest Trump is following Obama on this issue. If anything it was the other way around.
How can Obama in 2016 follow Trump on anything? And as I am sure you are aware, Obama is not a big fan of Trump. So what you are saying makes no sense.

In fact, every president since at least Clinton has been making these sorts of statements, and I think it goes back before that. This has been the stated policy of the US for decades. Also, let's not forget, the 2% is the stated requirements of the NATO treaty, which all of these countries signed, and continue to participate in solely of their own free will.

They can leave at any time, or they could propose that the treaty be renegotiated. But if it were to be renegotiated, would it make any sense to expect them to contribute less than 2% of their GDP to their national defense in support of NATO? Obviously not, so such a renegotiation is not likely to be proposed by any country, aside from possibly us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies