Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 02:43 AM

24,515 posts, read 33,352,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
But Trump's presidential campaign was built on bigotry and hate or did you miss that part.
It was? How so?

Old 07-15-2018, 02:49 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,859,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump disrespects Queen Elizabeth. He did not bow, he walked in front of her. A diplomatic faux pas.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...een/784042002/

... but salutes a North Korean general

https://twitter.com/TAPAlerts/status...32522915717122

Trump clearly has disdain for liberal Western democracies (snubbing or insulting UK, Germany and Canada) and prefers to hang around with dictators (Putin, Kim Jong Un).

When the free world sees Trump they

And don't forget the STUPID DORK CURTSIED to the Saudi King!

Trump Curtsies to the Saudi King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQpNXJwK-PI

Old 07-15-2018, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I couldn't believe the size of the crowds protesting him, they clearly dwarfed his inauguration crowd.

A-M-E-N, LOL!

Old 07-15-2018, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Actually, I am surprised he didn't use that handshake trick where he pulls the person toward him when he shook the Queens hand.

I believe the A** reserves that for men only.
Would love to see someone jerk him off his feet flat onto his fat orange face!

Old 07-15-2018, 03:55 AM

8,391 posts, read 4,386,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I don't want the President of the United States of America bowing down to anyone from England. We declared our independence from them in 1776. If that bothers them over there they can shove their crumpets where the sun doesn't shine!
Heaven forbid anyone should ever shake your hand or hung you or show any kind respect or affection toward you because it would degrade them to show any deference to you at all.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:13 AM

14,812 posts, read 8,142,283 times
No, we don't have to bow before the Queen.

But there is nothing wrong with having manners, or acting civil, or following tradition or
protocol as most Leaders do.
(I realize this is going to be completely lost though on Trump and his base). So no worries.
No one was really expecting him to act kind or respectful or like another normal human being.
Most people think that a little courtesy goes a long way, but Trump is probably mad that they
didn't bow to him.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:15 AM

18,543 posts, read 18,797,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I don’t believe the queen of England cares
I dont think so either.... but its nice to be nice and when the Queen visits places where she has to remove her shoes, she does, and wears black to meet the Pope.. but she has class.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:19 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Bowing is not obligatory, it is just tradition.
Really don't give two ****s what "many people" do.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:23 AM

18,543 posts, read 18,797,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Nobody expected him to bow to the Queen because she is his (our) ruler, but it does seem to me that you don't reach out to shake the hand of a monarch in her own country unless she first offers it - I don't know if she did or didn't - thus a slight bow seems acceptable as a sign of respect.

I did not see the review of the troops, I will have to check that out, but I did notice that after the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, that they had to step down from that high podium and it appears that trump didn't offer his arm as a gentleman should. If you are going to shake her hand as a sign that you are an equal, could't you at least offer your arm and a sign of respect to a woman who is 20 years your senior.

Of all the problems I have with trump, these are the most embarrassing ones; he represents the USA and as earlier said, he does it in an oafish and unnecessarily rude way. There are plenty of people in the white house to help him decide how to behave without appearing a clod, yet he seems to ignore protocol people in favor of his "executive time." He is not going to learn manners from Hannity or anyone at "Fox and Friends."
You dont offer your arm hand or anything to the Queen.. she walks on her own always.... however he was a bit of a prat walking in front of the lady. at the guard inspection... his manners arent quite sorted and should be in his position.. he should be reading up on the protocol of other countries as the Queen does when visiting other places and is never offensive.....

Old 07-15-2018, 04:23 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
Though I am no fan of monarchies, it's cool that they've had one head of state for the last 65 years rather than second-raters like Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and worst of all - Obama!
You think Trump is a better President than any of the last seven Presidents? What kind of spiked Kool-Aid have you been drinking? I’d even take Nixon any day over Know-Nothing Trump!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies