Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,569,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Actually this particular movement started out addressing violence. And there were actual peace treaties started in Ferguson before BLM/DNC/Soros astroturfed everything.

So how exactly did we ignore that issue? And when we were addressing that issue, many of you conservatives/republicans were fighting AGAINST us.

Your policies have failed miserably and you can't really say a damn thing because your president is a criminal. Guess you didn't have a problem with that.
Who is my president? You mean Trump? He is your president too, or is Obama the only one you count? Isn't he the same one who started the whole Trayvon, if I had a son BS? Talk about stoking the racial devide.

What some of us protested was the ruination of a city where a thug got shot and they made a plaque in his honor. Then they set fire and looted stores. What a peaceful protest.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Ok, let's say that they weren't justified in stopping the guy. What now?
There will be a major lawsuit settlement and we need to find out why they had little regards for his rights.

Then decide if they need to go through retraining or fired.

Quote:
They did it anyway, and they'll continue to do so. They'll continue to get away with it too, because a large majority of the public supports them.

What good are your little 'rights' in the face of overwhelming force? I can't see where they mean anything at all... except something to feel all righteous about.
I've already addressed this.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Who is my president? You mean Trump? He is your president too, or is Obama the only one you count? Isn't he the same one who started the whole Trayvon, if I had a son BS? Talk about stoking the racial devide.

What some of us protested was the ruination of a city where a thug got shot and they made a plaque in his honor. Then they set fire and looted stores. What a peaceful protest.
The Boston Tea Party was not peaceful either. The founders understood that protest is not always peaceful.

It's why they inserted the 2nd Amendment.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:04 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,144,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Maybe we can trust the CIA. Lots of people in this forum do.
I trust them and the FBI more than the police. But honestly at this point I trust the "collective police." But I still know there's real enemies there (there have been multiple KKK and white supremacist outted as police, criminals outted as police, those working for criminal organizations, etc).

I know there are probably corrupt FBI and CIA, but I think the culture is about justice. Even if some motives for investigation might be selective. I don't think they're a "corrupt" organization anymore. Not like in the sixties.

I think rational people know what's going on. And there are more good people than bad, and there's enough rational and reasonable people in power to hold the balance. But that doesn't mean that we as citizens don't have to do our part too. Americans seem to be completely ignorant about what happens when you let too much corruption into your government.

How do you think Mexico and other countries became the way they are?

Old 07-17-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post

I honestly don't care if it was peaceful. You can save that BS. If the govt gets called killing ANY citizen again, without cause, I hope this country turns up. That's what you're supposed to do.

The govt should never be killing its own citizens. Man how far this country has declined.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,645,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Is Failure View Post
Dindonuffin
Brilliant contribution.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I'm black. Spent a lot of time in Chicago. And this video still bothers me. Mostly because no one is mentioning the fault of the police. The one actually trained to handle situations like this. And because I know that Chicago has some racism and corruption issues.

I remember one time being told to "get my ass out the park" when I first moved there, during the daytime, by an officer over his megaphone. Won't go into details but it was profiling.

I've also had a black officer tried to falsify a DUI in the suburbs. Outside of not being over the limit, I was wearing my seat belt, and wasn't breaking any traffic laws as I was stopped at a toll both (he popped out from behind the toll booth, and after being confused why he stopped us, he began yelling at us about how we didn't pull up close enough to the car in front of me).

What's going on in Chicago isn't working. What's going on in this country isn't working. And we're losing our freedoms fighting a losing game.

Do you honestly think this policing is working?? I guess if you mean keeping it out of your pretty burbs or the northside...

You keep changing the subject to a broader problem. And that's why you are so wrong about this case. You see this case and think of the bigger issue. You're incapable, apparently, of being objective on a case by case basis.

You want to talk about how policing is NOT working? Or how corrupt cops are? The code of silence? Police abuse of power? How the job itself attracts sick minds or people who were bullied as kids and have an axe to grind? I have plenty to say on the subject. Start a thread and stop hijacking this one.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:17 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,569,323 times
Quote:
I honestly don't care if it was peaceful. You can save that BS. If the govt gets called killing ANY citizen again, without cause, I hope this country turns up. That's what you're supposed to do.

The govt should never be killing its own citizens. Man how far this country has declined.
So you support setting fire to stores where innocent business owners lose everything. Typical thug behavior.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You keep changing the subject to a broader problem. And that's why you are so wrong about this case. You see this case and think of the bigger issue. You're incapable, apparently, of being objective on a case by case basis.

You want to talk about how policing is NOT working? Or how corrupt cops are? The code of silence? Police abuse of power? How the job itself attracts sick minds or people who were bullied as kids and have an axe to grind? I have plenty to say on the subject. Start a thread and stop hijacking this one.
Oh please, I stated my opinion and debated the topic. ALL of this is related to policing. I'm responding to posters, I'm not hijacking anything. You're not adding anything new to the conversation and want to ignore all of the other factors related to this case.

The guy had a right to fear for his life. We've seen waaaay to many instances of police killing innocent people. And in this case, he was assaulted before he fled and was killed.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Oh please, I stated my opinion and debated the topic. ALL of this is related to policing. I'm responding to posters, I'm not hijacking anything. You're not adding anything new to the conversation and want to ignore all of the other factors related to this case.

The guy had a right to fear for his life. We've seen waaaay to many instances of police killing innocent people. And in this case, he was assaulted before he fled and was killed.

Now you're being ridiculous. The LAST thing any sane person does when he fears for his life is run and put his hand on his gun.

We ALL know suicide by cop involves doing just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies