Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2019, 11:29 AM

73,076 posts, read 62,706,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Whites.
Not according to some of the things I've seen. Show me where Whites get shot MORE per capita for being violent with officers vs Blacks getting shot for being violent with officers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 12:07 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,188,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
That would have to be studied on a case by case basis rather than just by using statistics, which is what many liberal groups tend to use.
It’s not just liberals. It’s conservatives too. Thus, this thread.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,630,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In my 32 years (soon to be 33 this year), I've learned that committing a crime is not the only way to increase your contact with the police. Sometimes just being viewed as a threat is enough. Someone could call the police on you just for simply being in a certain place. You could have the right to be there but someone feels you don't belong there and calls the police. Sometimes officers can view you as a suspicious person for being in a certain area and pull you over.
Oh yes, I agree 100%. I remember years ago being pulled over while in a certain part of town, the cop asks me what Im doing, why Im here, where am I going, etc. Says nothing about any driving infraction, I guess they just suspected I was in the area to buy drugs?!

Ive seen police do this to people that park in our parking lot and sit in their cars too, police will come along and see them, and start to question why they are there, what they are doing, etc. Imo, a gas station parking lot is a public place, NO citizen should have to answer why they are sitting there or why they are there in the first place!

One guy was taking a short nap in his car and police immediately suspected he was overdosed on drugs?!! LOL, came to find out, he was just waiting for his daughter to get off work and he was coming from his job...police never considered this, they automatically jump to the conclusion he was overdosed!! Amazing, If that had been me, I would have told those cops to go take a flying leap and leave me alone.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:20 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,248,569 times
Quote:
I notice something else. The vast majority of those shot by police officers are MEN. Black women have been known to get in fisticuffs with police officers and live to tell about it. A Black man is more likely to be shot for just looking like he might inflict violence towards an officer than a Black woman who actually does inflict violence towards an officer.
You're being naive.

Men are much more violent than women and much more likely to be carrying a weapon than a woman. There are many reasons men are killed more often than women and it's the mens fault.

Men are normally stronger, quicker to anger and more violent, quicker to pull a weapon than a woman. All these things lead to men being shot at a higher rate by LE and by other Low Life Gang bangers.

Take away death by Police and men kill men in general at a higher rate than women kill anyone. Period.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:28 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,390,229 times
And that's exactly what we're talking about. Cops always justify shooting someone because they feared for their lives. And compared to the actual danger cops face from whites as opposed to blacks, cops are more likely to shoot whites as opposed to blacks.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,641,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
And that's exactly what we're talking about. Cops always justify shooting someone because they feared for their lives. And compared to the actual danger cops face from whites as opposed to blacks, cops are more likely to shoot whites as opposed to blacks.
No, you're looking at the total number of events, not the odds of that event happening.

Click on the link I posted above and I explain this.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:44 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,406,428 times
Does not fit the BLM narrative but might fit the KKK mentality.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:55 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,601,793 times
Quote:
Even when Whites interact with the police in a negative way vs Blacks interacting with the police in a negative way, who gets shot more?

the blacks shoot each other more.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:17 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,188,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
the blacks shoot each other more.
The whites do too. But the question with police shootings is whether they are lawful.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:35 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,720,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
457 dead as of June. Where are you Liberals? Where are the protests and claims of racism against whites?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

There are more white women have kids out of wedlock that black women. Where is the outrage from white conservatives? All I hear the white conservative speak on are single black mothers. Where is the Fox news commentary on single white mothers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies