Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t
It would have helped resolve them 32 37.21%
It would have made them worse 54 62.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 08:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Ask any liberal what America should be, and he'll chew your ear off. Ask him what's wrong with America, and he'll offer you a reading list. But ask him what America is-- besides a massive social service center or a collection of war crimes and corporations, and he'll have no real answers and just go to the liberal handbook and deflect as usual.
I could be mistaken but I do not think JohnBoy64 would be considered a liberal however you would want to describe that but even he acknowledged our war crimes.

Why is that acceptable and how do we condemn others for what we so readily do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 08:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The Trump apology tour.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:26 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

Never thought I would see the mighty US kowtowing to the likes of Putin and Russia, and indeed doing Putin's bidding for him.
How is trying to improve relations with Russia the same as kowtowing to Russia?

The Cold War is over. We won. The Soviets lost.

Since then, the US and Russia actually have some fairly important common interests. When W was going to go into Afghanistan to chase the Taliban, Russia advised that they have some experience with radical Islamists from their fighting with the Chechens. Russia wanted to go in with us, but, W rebuked them and said we'd do it without Russian help.

We don't need to be enemies with Russia.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:30 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
His policy and ' Misguided ' quotes sealed his fate and put America in this

position

"America is, is no longer, uh, what it, uh, could be, uh, what it was once was, uh, and I say to myself, uh, I don't want that future, uh, for my children."

~Barack Obama

"You have a business. You didn't build that. Someone else did!"

~Barack Obama

And his Number 1 supporter sum's it up rather well

"You don't need God anymore; you have us Democrats."

~Nancy Pelosi

I agree with this post as the quotes from those are despicable to say the least.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:33 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
The title of this thread makes Donald seem like a traitor.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:33 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
How is trying to improve relations with Russia the same as kowtowing to Russia?

The Cold War is over. We won. The Soviets lost.

Since then, the US and Russia actually have some fairly important common interests. When W was going to go into Afghanistan to chase the Taliban, Russia advised that they have some experience with radical Islamists from their fighting with the Chechens. Russia wanted to go in with us, but, W rebuked them and said we'd do it without Russian help.

We don't need to be enemies with Russia.
Because Trump is not taking a hardline with Putin.

If any Democratic President conducted themselves like this you would all say that they are apologizing to Russia.

That's what Trump did -- he apologized to Russia for the USA being upset with their meddling in the election, Crimea, being a brutal regime for killing critics.

I just don't know how you justify that.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:34 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Did Trump bring a big red "Reset" button with him?

Old 07-16-2018, 08:38 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Ask any liberal what America should be, and he'll chew your ear off. Ask him what's wrong with America, and he'll offer you a reading list. But ask him what America is-- besides a massive social service center or a collection of war crimes and corporations, and he'll have no real answers and just go to the liberal handbook and deflect as usual.
Well ask any conservative what America should be and they will spout a vision that looks something a lot more like the oppressive theocracies of the Middle East than the ideals this country was founded on.

Conservatives want Leave It To Beaver. They are creating A Handmaid's Tale.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:39 AM

700 posts, read 638,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm sorry, I do not see the difference.
Dissent. Resistance to militaristic foreign policy. While the effect isn't always realized, opposition to Washington's bloodlust is by far majority with the public. In a representative democracy, this hostility to foreign policy decisions can and has resonated within Congress. It has ended political careers and destroyed legacies; Lyndon Johnson, Hillary Clinton, George W., Dick Cheney, John Bolton (Well, thanks to Trump, that career was salvaged; reputation not).

Vladimir Putin controls every aspect of the Russian government. Whether by blind support or apathy or authoritative control, ditto the public. When Vladimir Putin decides to engage in a conflict, it will be realized. For only a lack of resources and/or fear of the consequences has Russia confined its militarism to Syria, Ukraine, Georgia, and cyber warfare against too many countries to name.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:41 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
The title of this thread makes Donald seem like a traitor.

"seem like"? It's crystal clear that he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies