Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 01:33 PM

5,055 posts, read 7,440,432 times

Advertisements

The only way forward for the US that I can see involves putting the whole Trump Crime Family behind bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 01:43 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,405,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
The only way forward for the US that I can see involves putting the whole Trump Crime Family behind bars.
Trump, as a politician, is not his own product. He is the product of his base's support and interests. This nation is in bad shape (divided), mostly, because their interests were ignored for so long and thus we moved away from a sensible political middle and into far left social politics. Jailing Trump would not solve that essential issue, and again ignoring it will only lead to a much worse result down the road.

The Left should see Trump as a gift, because it could be much worse. They should see him as a pressure release valve. Instead, they are acting like babies who feel entitled to have their way, in totality, without a modicum of political moderation. Like, you, here, who only sees any move to the Right, toward a political rebalancing, as a threat worthy of prison time. What you are eventually going to get is a much worse result, guaranteed.

My advice to all Lefties is to lay off of the weed and alcohol that is making you hyper emotional at all times. Take a breath, read your deeper history, and realize how good you have it. Then realize how easy you could lose it.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:19 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,700,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Trump, as a politician, is not his own product. He is the product of his base's support and interests. This nation is in bad shape (divided), mostly, because their interests were ignored for so long and thus we moved away from a sensible political middle and into far left social politics. Jailing Trump would not solve that essential issue, and again ignoring it will only lead to a much worse result down the road.

The Left should see Trump as a gift, because it could be much worse. They should see him as a pressure release valve. Instead, they are acting like babies who feel entitled to have their way, in totality, without a modicum of political moderation. Like, you, here, who only sees any move to the Right, toward a political rebalancing, as a threat worthy of prison time. What you are eventually going to get is a much worse result, guaranteed.

My advice to all Lefties is to lay off of the weed and alcohol that is making you hyper emotional at all times. Take a breath, read your deeper history, and realize how good you have it. Then realize how easy you could lose it.
It's exactly this type of post and tone that is the issue with our country. Instead of reasonable discussion and debate about the country we would all like to see in a better position, there is divisive name-calling and posturing.

We've been exposed to radical elements on both sides. What is missing is the moderate middle. It doesn't help to point fingers and blame one side or the other for it's disappearance - what has to happen is to figure out a way to get back towards the middle.

There's a balance that is missing. The best solution is a mixture of conservatives and liberals working together to move the country forward. There is a reason only 27 amendments have been passed in 240+ years - moderation. Our government is meant to move slowly, but methodically. The checks and balances are there for a reason.

Until we wake up to this fact, the quoted post is what we will be subjected to - on BOTH sides.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,852,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
They haven't ceased to exist, they've simply changed their name to the GRU.

From Wikipedia
No, the KGB was broken up and its apparatus separated into different divisions like the GRU and FSB. The main difference being there is a separation between domestic and international, and does not maintain near the authority nor even has close to the same mission, as the KGB did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
160,000+ dead just in one area of their own country - Chechen wars....relatively recently (I know a reporter who was there...he has terrible PTSD now)....

This would be akin to Trump attacking an American state and killing 320,000+ Americans (population differences)...let alone 100's of thousands wounded.

Yet the Right in this country thinks this is a good model.
It was a break away region, also responsible for several incursions and terror attacks in Russia. The break away sound familiar? Oh yes, the US went through such a thing starting in 1861, resulted in over 1.5 million casualties, you may know it as the "US Civil War". That is what happens when the federal government does not agree with an area breaking off and forming their own country, and decides to use military force to prevent it.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:28 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,641,330 times
This is Trumps game. Confuse and put doubt in peoples minds about their journalists , the press and the FBI. Trump is loyal to Putin. Not the United States. If you love Putin then move to Russia and see how “great†it is....

Old 07-17-2018, 03:31 PM

2,362 posts, read 780,445 times
I don't believe anyone. I don't believe Putin or the FSB nor do I believe the FBI/CIA or what other alphabet soup 'intelligence' agency of ours is claiming. Fact is, both are proven liars. Fact is both have motive to lie. It could very well be that both are lying.

So I ask what every sane thinking person should - release the evidence in the public sphere. Let the Russians counter it with their evidence. And only then will I say I believe one or the other.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:11 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,702,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

It was a break away region, also responsible for several incursions and terror attacks in Russia. The break away sound familiar? Oh yes, the US went through such a thing starting in 1861, resulted in over 1.5 million casualties, you may know it as the "US Civil War". That is what happens when the federal government does not agree with an area breaking off and forming their own country, and decides to use military force to prevent it.
1990's are here and calling your name.

Discussing current events and Russia differs than talking about cannon fodder 150 years back...and slavery.

Hungary was a break-away also.....and the Russians slaughtered many there.

Bottom line is that most of us are American citizens and take at least SOME of our birthright seriously. That doesn't mean we excuse past or present history, but it certainly does mean that we have pledged ourselves to improving this republic.

Maybe we need to force Americans to take the oath the immigrants take?

Once again - I see the very same people (or types) who said
America - love it or leave it.
America - land of the free and home of the brave
America - the shining city on the hill.
America - NO WAY we would ever collude with dictatorial Russians.
America - Best place in the world.....

And now, as if on cue, they repeat Putins lies as if they were truth.

Truly amazing...

If, for example, Trump said that Pastafarian was the new religion....would y'all start being down on those "Judeo-Christian" values you formerly claimed make this country great?

Oh, I forgot. It's not great anymore. Rather, we must take authoritarian and unlawful steps to MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN....."again" being maybe like when we invaded Vietnam or something??

Old 07-17-2018, 04:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,702,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
I don't believe anyone. I don't believe Putin or the FSB nor do I believe the FBI/CIA or what other alphabet soup 'intelligence' agency of ours is claiming. Fact is, both are proven liars. Fact is both have motive to lie. It could very well be that both are lying.

So I ask what every sane thinking person should - release the evidence in the public sphere. Let the Russians counter it with their evidence. And only then will I say I believe one or the other.
False equivalency again - and especially funny to act as if you...and each of 320 million Americans...can properly vet "the evidence" and decide whether you believe Putin...or our Republic.

I sense you are disposed toward the former. They already won, so I know many always want to be on the winning team.

BTW, based on the evidence OJ didn't wield a knife. Fact.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:17 PM

24,035 posts, read 15,136,960 times
Quote:
It's exactly this type of post and tone that is the issue with our country. Instead of reasonable discussion and debate about the country we would all like to see in a better position, there is divisive name-calling and posturing.

We've been exposed to radical elements on both sides. What is missing is the moderate middle. It doesn't help to point fingers and blame one side or the other for it's disappearance - what has to happen is to figure out a way to get back towards the middle.

There's a balance that is missing. The best solution is a mixture of conservatives and liberals working together to move the country forward. There is a reason only 27 amendments have been passed in 240+ years - moderation. Our government is meant to move slowly, but methodically. The checks and balances are there for a reason.

Until we wake up to this fact, the quoted post is what we will be subjected to - on BOTH sides.
This is the reason I pay no attention to any poster who starts out by calling those with whom they differ names. They are not seeking resolution.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,947,355 times
Quote:

The problem is the echo chamber has awoken too many loud voices on both sides of the extremes and they even call moderates extremists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies