Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 10:48 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
How do YOU see the future of the USA? Honestly interested in how you see this playing out.

Thanks.
The 2 major parties have discovered something. The more they divide we the people the less they are scrutinized by their own. They redirect the outrage, focus it away from the business as usual corruption.
I honestly doubt that Trump ever believed that he would win. I think he did it as publicity stunt. Maybe write a book about it and make some money, make some political allies etc. I mean every time he was up he would do or say something disastrous to his campaign. Then he won. He underestimated how bad Hillary was.

So election meddling. Do I think the Russians tried to influence the election? 100% yes. We do the same thing, so does China so do a lot of countries. Our meddling has resulted in hundreds off thousands of deaths maybe more. WE really dont have a moral high ground.

The left pretends to be outraged because it fits the strategy of distracting we the people away from the corruption and waste going on today.

How will this play out? How has all the fake outrage played out . It will be a talking point for a few days maybe a few weeks then it will slowly fade away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 10:49 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
IMO, the USA is over. It's just a matter of time.

The poster citizens here would rather get into pissing contest with the other side about trivia than find out what really happened and fix it. We do not care enough about this nation to find out what really happened and why. We just want to one up people we disagree with.

I thought for a while that when big business starts seeing their stock prices and profits fall we would see some action. They'll just buy back their stock and move to where they can make the most money. To heck with the country that made them.
lmao..Welcome to Globalism..You support that don't you?

Old 07-17-2018, 10:51 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Why should we trust the NSA who spies on all of us. I trust 90% of the FBI but the top has been shown to be corrupt and very political.
It's best we keep a close eye on our law enforcement. They don't like being accountable.

No one trusts Russia. All of a sudden we have fake outrage about Russia.

China is worse.

Trump sure does.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:52 AM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao..Welcome to Globalism..You support that don't you?
Where did I say I thought what business does is a good thing? IMO, if they can't do what they want to do without harming anybody else, they should be shut down.

My kids are turning me into a communist .

Old 07-17-2018, 10:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Trump never said that. He said he wants proof from both sides. Knowing how our intel agencies use propaganda and lie regularly, If I was POTUS I'd want proof too, especially after they did everything they could to try and take him down. The ONLY thing our intel agencies are going by about this stupid election meddling is a report from a third party vendor Crowdstrike. They have absolutely no first hand knowledge of any hacking of any servers. You would think the FBI\CIA would be concerned about that but they aren't.
He said Putin said he didn't do it, and that that was good enough for Trump.

You pretending otherwise is just that, you pretending otherwise.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Where did I say I thought what business does is a good thing? IMO, if they can't do what they want to do without harming anybody else, they should be shut down.

My kids are turning me into a communist .
My comment meant that this is what Globalism brings. Nationless shareholders that don't care about any one country, they only care about the bottom line, not you, me or anyone else, but themselves.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He said Putin said he didn't do it, and that that was good enough for Trump.

You pretending otherwise is just that, you pretending otherwise.
No, he said he wants to see proof on both sides. The US is saying they did it and Russia is saying they didn't with NOBODY offering a shred of any evidence either way. That's called being honest. You can't just believe one side and not the other when neither offers any proof. To put it another way, he's basically saying "put up or shut up". I agree with him. I don't believe Crowdstrike for one second. It's like believing a defense lawyer in a trial without seeing a shred of evidence to back anything they said up.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:02 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
I don't believe the deep state nor do I believe Putin. Who's worse? Tough call.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:07 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Would you trust the DeepState under Obama(Brennen, Clapper, Comey) with your life?
Apparently, it took Russian hackers to expose the depths of the evil of the deep state.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:08 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
So it appears that many Americans feel that patriotism counts for zero. They feel no obligation at all to the luck of their birthright.

The strange part is that it seems to be the same general "class" of people who formerly wrapped themselves in the flag.

Anyway, very interesting. One wonders why these people don't do the same thing they formerly told others to do - move out of the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies