Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 01:08 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
It's not unusual to have a second pregnancy two years after the first. Are you suggesting she should have gotten an abortion?
NOPE

You wanted to know how some of us knew about her "choices"

I answered your question, that is all.

being pregnant might not be a choice, giving birth is a choice, 100% of the time.

I did not make any suggestions.
Why is pregnancy, at least other than in the context of violent crime which should involve the police, or immaculate conception, not a choice? Everyone is ducking that issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 01:09 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Why is pregnancy, at least other than in the context of violent crime which should involve the police, or immaculate conception, not a choice? Everyone is ducking that issue.
We have to be pc sometimes, that is all. You know the excuses, "Oh, condom broke, for the second time." "birth control did not work, for the second time. " "I met a guy who promised me a great future, but turned out, he is just another jerk, and now, I am pregnant, again, for the second time." "I just love children even though I cannot afford them. Don't judge me" "I don't know anything about morning after pill." "I can't afford morning after pill." etc, etc, etc.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:13 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
I did not say she CHOSE to have TWINS
Your exact words, ma'am, were:

Quote:
SHE CHOSE to have the twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Have you been napping since sex education, biology classes and the pill and various forms of BC and legal abortion have become available?
What does any of that have to do with how twins are conceived and develop? Try to follow along, please ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And yes it is or should be unusual to have a second pregnancy two years after the first when you are not married, living with or getting support from your mate. No we don't know about the father(s) but we can assume by what was written there was no father in the picture because none was mentioned.
Key word here being "assume" ... which you can't do. You know nothing about this girl other than she's pregnant with twins and lives with her mom - oh, and that she lives far away from her doctor and a NICU. Speculation to anything else is just a waste of time.

Quote:
The decision to copulate is a personal decision that impacts an uninvolved third party- the taxpayers.
Where does the article mention taxpayers? Forgive me if I missed it.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Your exact words, ma'am, were:

well, she did CHOOSE to have (give birth to) the twins

Are you saying some people forced her to give birth to the twins? lol

You CHOSE to take one word out of context and ignore the point I was making. Not my fault.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:19 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
We have to be pc sometimes, that is all. You know the excuses, "Oh, condom broke, for the second time." "birth control did not work, for the second time. " "I met a guy who promised me a great future, but turned out, he is just another jerk, and now, I am pregnant, again, for the second time." "I just love children even though I cannot afford them. Don't judge me" "I don't know anything about morning after pill." "I can't afford morning after pill." etc, etc, etc.
I can't rep you again. But about 2% of condoms break, if that. And pregnancy is possible only a few days a month. These "people" (some of whom act on instinct that way that do animals) must be having marathon recreation.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I can't rep you again. But about 2% of condoms break, if that. And pregnancy is possible only a few days a month. These "people" (some of whom act on instinct that way that do animals) must be having marathon recreation.
Yep!

Old 07-26-2018, 01:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
well, she did CHOOSE to have (give birth to) the twins

Are you saying some people forced her to give birth to the twins? lol

You CHOSE to take one word out of context and ignore the point I was making. Not my fault.
Yes, she did choose to give birth to the twins. When she got pg with the twins, what would you have suggested other than to deliver them? I repeat, it is not unusual to have another child two years after the first. And she's not *that* young.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:32 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

What does any of that have to do with how twins are conceived and develop? Try to follow along, please ...

Key word here being "assume" ... which you can't do. You know nothing about this girl other than she's pregnant with twins and lives with her mom - oh, and that she lives far away from her doctor and a NICU. Speculation to anything else is just a waste of time.

Correct me if I'm wrong are you not saying women cant help but to get pregnant and give birth or what exactly do you mean?

"She didn't choose to have twins; her body chose to release two eggs at once or to completely divide one fertilized egg. "

Or perhaps your being willfully obtuse as if you don't understand she or any woman has the choice to intervene with biology and practice reliable birth control to prevent pregnancy or to abort a pregnancy if all else fails.

I know what was printed and what was not and I'm not stupid. No mention of daddy, daddy's job to help prepare for babies visits, no daddy to take her to the hospital, be concerned for the safety of his premature twins, she lives with mom, not we live with mom, she has to hurry back to her 8.50/hr. job. There is a reason nothing was printed about dad.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:36 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,389,157 times
Quote:
The Baby’s Coming. But the Hospital Is 100 Miles Away.

This article describes the distress in the southeastern corner of Missouri, but could really be Anytown, USA. Specifically the article concerns people whose nearest obstetric facility is 50-100 miles away, and they're about to give birth. Two heart-rending snippets from the article (article about two print pages so quoting not a TOS violation):

The million-dollar question is, how are people going to afford a proper raising for a baby if they can barely afford gas for a 50-mile drive to a hospital? Even that drive, a 100-mile round trip, involves, say, five gallons, or about $15.00.

What people really need to think about individually is how they can maintain a decent lifestyle, for themselves and those thrust into their lives. And society needs to find a way to employ people productively. Reducing single parenthood would go a long way on both.

I opened another thread, Liberation Movements Gone Mad - Bad Behavior, Teen Pregnancy, Truancy and Hopelessness in the Heartland - Any Solutions, about another aspect of rural distress. Entertainment, such as is available and affordable, promotes questionable values and behavior. And the main non-violent recreational activity available and attractive to teens and young adults is sex. The protagonist in the article who is the mother of the twins in question is 21. She already was the mother of a two year old baby.

This is an issue about responsible decision-making as well as about health care.
Expecting parents don't leave it until the last minute on how to get to the hospital on time. They plan.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:38 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I repeat, it is not unusual to have another child two years after the first. And she's not *that* young.
Really, its that common for a unmarried 21 year old to already have two pregnancies/births. Kind of sad when you think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies