Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 05:34 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I'll say something here that my old dad said to me long ago, In the 1960s, I was worried about what was going on in the world. I had just discovered as a 12 year old kid, that Russia had missiles pointed at us here in England.

I asked him about it, and expressed my fears about Russia. He said to me, "you know who we should fear could blow up the world David? Don't be frightened of Russia. The biggest threat to the world are the Americans. They never have enough."

My dad wasn't a political type. But what he said all those years ago has stayed with me.
Well I guess if pop says it it must be so. They never have enough what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 05:36 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I won't be voting for Trump. I didn't last time, but I have not met one Trump voter who regretted their vote for him.
That is primarily because of the extremely poor option that existed! As much as I dislike Trump, Hillary would have been far worse!

Old 07-17-2018, 05:40 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I won't be voting for Trump. I didn't last time, but I have not met one Trump voter who regretted their vote for him.
Me neither. Nor have I heard any of the Cult 45 Deplorables trying to defend him. They`re laying low.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:43 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
America,

Think this Trump-Putin thing through a lot harder.
The world has been patient but enough is enough.
It is not only irresponsible but unconscionable to make arbitrary secret decisions with a long time world enemy, decisions that directly affect the whole globe. Perhaps Russia's status has changed in Trumps eyes but what about the rest of the world? We live here too.

Call Russia what you will. But negotiating like this is horrifying. I don't believe your forefathers had intended for presidents to act with impunity like this.

You cant have a balanced world system that is only good for America.
Our world is a community and you are ending your role in it in the worst possible way (so far).

America is no longer a friend. You have become the scourge of the world.

We live here too.
Americans, I beg you to stop him!!!
America and Russia are the 2 most powerful countries if the world and now we are working together....seems like a good thing to me. Don't know what country you are from but maybe you should befriend Trump and offer Fair Trade.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:48 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
That is primarily because of the extremely poor option that existed! As much as I dislike Trump, Hillary would have been far worse!
No, she wouldn't have been. She would have never thrown our IC under the bus to please Putin, the way Trump did.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:52 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
ALL States are scourges, whether it's the U.S., Russia, the UK, Germany, or Lesotho.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:01 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I'll say something here that my old dad said to me long ago, In the 1960s, I was worried about what was going on in the world. I had just discovered as a 12 year old kid, that Russia had missiles pointed at us here in England.

I asked him about it, and expressed my fears about Russia. He said to me, "you know who we should fear could blow up the world David? Don't be frightened of Russia. The biggest threat to the world are the Americans. They never have enough."

My dad wasn't a political type. But what he said all those years ago has stayed with me.
Your dad was full of crap, with no due respect.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:02 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, she wouldn't have been. She would have never thrown our IC under the bus to please Putin, the way Trump did.
Dismount that high-horse there fella, you're making a fool out of yourself

Old 07-17-2018, 06:04 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I'll be canceling your vote.
Let's put Hillary in office and go back to watching Dancing with the Stars. We might wonder what happened when the official language changes to Spanish and a gallon of gas cost's $10, but what the heck, it will be a brave new mundo.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:07 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Dismount that high-horse there fella, you're making a fool out of yourself
Anyone who still blindly supports the traitor-in-chief has no concept of making a fool of oneself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies