Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 06:08 AM

59,400 posts, read 27,561,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Winner winner, chicken dinner!
It is AMAZING to read comments by people who do NOT know what is ACTUALLY going on.

NOT saying you but, others. I don't know if you know of this or not.

This is just page 1

ICE steps up enforcement at businesses in California, targeting ...

ICE steps up enforcement at businesses in California, targeting employers and workers

Feb 16, 2018 - A wave of ICE audits targets businesses, looking for employers who might be hiring workers in the U.S. illegally. Along with sweeps in ... After Gov. ... Because you think you're going to find more people to deport," Toccoli said.

'Utter chaos': ICE arrests 114 workers in immigration raid at Ohio ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../u...n-immigration-...
Jun 6, 2018 - ICE arrests more than 100 workers in immigration raid in Ohio ... It makes me really sad knowing that they're going to take some people away,” ... After business owners complained they were scrambling to find workers, the ...

ICE immigration raids: 146 arrested after raid at Fresh Mark in Salem ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../i...rs-in-latest-i...
Jun 20, 2018 - ICE officials raided the company's plant in Salem, Ohio, about 4 p.m. ... “There's going to be several more Latino children in Ohio impacted that ...

Immigration crackdown: ICE officials pledge 400% increase in I-9 work ...

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/15/new....../index.html

Jan 15, 2018 - ICE pledges immigration crackdown on businesses. .... workers at Cloverhill Bakery in Chicago were let go after immigration agents discovered ...

The Real Message ICE Was Sending With Their Raids on 7-Elevens ...

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/...-to.../550289/

Jan 18, 2018 - On January 10, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents ... to U.S. businesses that hire and employ an illegal workforce: ICE will enforce the law, ... about targeting employers, ICE may not really go after the big fish.

[PDF]what to do if immigration comes to your workplace - National ...

https://www.nilc.org/wp-content/uplo...ILC-2017-07.pd...

what employers can do after an Immigration and Customs ... officers go with ICE agents on ICE raids. ... Employers have rights when ICE goes to a business.

The Day After Trump's ICE Raid in a Small Tennessee Town, 550 Kids ...

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/10/...packing-plant/

Apr 10, 2018 - In a massive immigration raid, ICE rounded up Latino workers without ... the president's willingness to go after managers of businesses that

Worksite Enforcement | ICE

https://www.ice.gov/worksite

Jan 9, 2018 - A notice of inspection alerts business owners that ICE is going to audit ... their company's I-9s within three business days, after which ICE will ...

How To Prepare For An ICE Raid On Your Workplace - Fast Company

https://www.fastcompany.com/.../how-...your-workplace

Mar 10, 2017 - Since 1986, it's required employers to confirm their employees' ability ... An employer that's been subpoenaed then has at least three business days to provide ICE with Form I-9s and related documentation. ... That's a no-go.

Is ICE Finally Targeting Employers of Illegal Workers? | National News ...

https://www.usnews.com/news/.../is-i...llegal-workers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 06:41 AM

63,144 posts, read 29,323,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is AMAZING to read comments by people who do NOT know what is ACTUALLY going on.

NOT saying you but, others. I don't know if you know of this or not.

This is just page 1

ICE steps up enforcement at businesses in California, targeting ...

ICE steps up enforcement at businesses in California, targeting employers and workers

Feb 16, 2018 - A wave of ICE audits targets businesses, looking for employers who might be hiring workers in the U.S. illegally. Along with sweeps in ... After Gov. ... Because you think you're going to find more people to deport," Toccoli said.

'Utter chaos': ICE arrests 114 workers in immigration raid at Ohio ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../u...n-immigration-...
Jun 6, 2018 - ICE arrests more than 100 workers in immigration raid in Ohio ... It makes me really sad knowing that they're going to take some people away,” ... After business owners complained they were scrambling to find workers, the ...

ICE immigration raids: 146 arrested after raid at Fresh Mark in Salem ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../i...rs-in-latest-i...
Jun 20, 2018 - ICE officials raided the company's plant in Salem, Ohio, about 4 p.m. ... “There's going to be several more Latino children in Ohio impacted that ...

Immigration crackdown: ICE officials pledge 400% increase in I-9 work ...

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/15/new....../index.html

Jan 15, 2018 - ICE pledges immigration crackdown on businesses. .... workers at Cloverhill Bakery in Chicago were let go after immigration agents discovered ...

The Real Message ICE Was Sending With Their Raids on 7-Elevens ...

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/...-to.../550289/

Jan 18, 2018 - On January 10, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents ... to U.S. businesses that hire and employ an illegal workforce: ICE will enforce the law, ... about targeting employers, ICE may not really go after the big fish.

[PDF]what to do if immigration comes to your workplace - National ...

https://www.nilc.org/wp-content/uplo...ILC-2017-07.pd...

what employers can do after an Immigration and Customs ... officers go with ICE agents on ICE raids. ... Employers have rights when ICE goes to a business.

The Day After Trump's ICE Raid in a Small Tennessee Town, 550 Kids ...

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/10/...packing-plant/

Apr 10, 2018 - In a massive immigration raid, ICE rounded up Latino workers without ... the president's willingness to go after managers of businesses that

Worksite Enforcement | ICE

https://www.ice.gov/worksite

Jan 9, 2018 - A notice of inspection alerts business owners that ICE is going to audit ... their company's I-9s within three business days, after which ICE will ...

How To Prepare For An ICE Raid On Your Workplace - Fast Company

https://www.fastcompany.com/.../how-...your-workplace

Mar 10, 2017 - Since 1986, it's required employers to confirm their employees' ability ... An employer that's been subpoenaed then has at least three business days to provide ICE with Form I-9s and related documentation. ... That's a no-go.

Is ICE Finally Targeting Employers of Illegal Workers? | National News ...

https://www.usnews.com/news/.../is-i...llegal-workers

Thanks for posting these. Sure blows the claims by the liberal left and ethnocentrics that the employers aren't being saught after and that ICE is only targeting these poor, little innocent illegals.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:59 AM

59,400 posts, read 27,561,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Thanks for posting these. Sure blows the claims by the liberal left and ethnocentrics that the employers aren't being saught after and that ICE is only targeting these poor, little innocent illegals.
" Sure blows the claims by the liberal left"
You can't really blame them. They get ALL their "news" from the Lame Stream Media!

Like ABC, NBC and CBS who during Trump's 1st year in office 90% of ALL stories about Trump were NEGATIVE, ignoring all the "good' things he accomplished.

Then we have the cable "news" networks. And we KNOW there is NO bias there!

Old 08-01-2018, 09:01 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,605,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoni View Post
Please expand on this definition of American culture that you seem to be obsessed with protecting from immigrants. Beyond English, what else are you referring to when you mention culture? You always attempt to avoid answering this question directly, but I genuinely want to know what you mean. IMO, America has a multitude of cultures that change based on geography and other factors. The culture in Minneapolis is quite different from the culture in Tucson.

Specifically, what do you believe is the American culture that you refer to in almost all of your posts?
I have asked this question of this poster a dozen times and have never received a response. My guess is that his response relates to his previously-expressed concern over "the dilution of the white race in this country via immigration" on a number of occasions and using "the white race" interchangeably with the term "culture" to make posts less overtly racist.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Please expand on this definition of American culture that you seem to be obsessed with protecting from immigrants. Beyond English, what else are you referring to when you mention culture? You always attempt to avoid answering this question directly, but I genuinely want to know what you mean. IMO, America has a multitude of cultures that change based on geography and other factors. The culture in Minneapolis is quite different from the culture in Tucson.

Specifically, what do you believe is the American culture that you refer to in almost all of your posts?

I have never avoided answering that question. But IMO if you don't know what American culture then you must not be an American. Let's put it this way, we are not identified as a Hispanic, Asian, etc. nation. Our culture has been based on European mainly British culture.

No, even though there may be subtle regional differences with minority cultures in every state we still have an identifying American culture which has been a blend of European cultures. Out of these cultures English has been our de facto national language, not German, Italian, Spanish, etc. Our main religion has been Christianity and we are based on a Democracy. Although we eat ethnic foods that doesn't make them American fare per se.

I find people like you who ask this question don't like our basic identifying culture and wish our identity was based on their own native cultures and languages.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:17 AM

27,695 posts, read 28,815,324 times
Quote:
Please expand on this definition of American culture that you seem to be obsessed with protecting from immigrants. Beyond English, what else are you referring to when you mention culture?
Having tens of millions of immigrants who only speak Spanish is not American culture. That is Balkanization.

We need to reduce immigration so that the immigrants who are here can have time to assimilate.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I have never avoided answering that question. But IMO if you don't know what American culture then you must not be an American. Let's put it this way, we are not identified as a Hispanic, Asian, etc. nation. Our culture has been based on European mainly British culture.

No, even though there may be subtle regional differences with minority cultures in every state we still have an identifying American culture which has been a blend of European cultures. Out of these cultures English has been our de facto national language, not German, Italian, Spanish, etc. Our main religion has been Christianity and we are based on a Democracy. Although we eat ethnic foods that doesn't make them American fare per se.

I find people like you who ask this question don't like our basic identifying culture and wish our identity was based on their own native cultures and languages.
I am still waiting on specifics as to what "American culture" is in your opinion. All you've done so far is outed yourself that you are against diluting anything that doesn't promote being white, Christian, and preferring hamburgers to halal.

I agree with ktoni. You've said enough to confirm that you think "American culture" is a synonym of "whiteness".

Old 08-01-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You always avoid any specifics, are you not proud of your opinions? So far, it appears that when you say culture you really mean white, Christian and European. Completely ignoring the fact that Europe has many different cultures. It is always a huge tipoff when someone speaks about European culture as if it is some monolithic thing. Can you explain what other than skin color a German and an Italian have in common with a Brit? I think we all know what you really mean, I just wonder why you are so scared to say it. It is the MAGA era, let that flag fly high and be honest for once.

I think you did say enough to confirm my suspicions - you use culture as code for white and European. What is an example of a proper non-ethnic American food?

Do you really think the cultural differences between El Paso and Des Moines are subtle?

How much more specific do you need me to get? It's not my opinion but fact. Wrong, I never said nor implied anything about race. Blacks are fully assimilated into American culture and just as American as whites are. We have been a blend of European cultures. We aren't however noted to be German or Italian in identity or our national de facto language would have been German or Italian.

Your suspicions are wrong. I couldn't care less about skin color or race. Funny, how facts are viewed as racism or white supremasism with your type. My desire is to retain our national identifying culture not have it changed via illegal immigration or too much legal immigration which results in colonization not assimilation.

If there are any cultural differences between the two cities you mentioned it is directly due to non-assimilation by mostly Hispanics in El Paso but their culture is a minority one not our identifying one.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
How much more specific do you need me to get? It's not my opinion but fact. Wrong, I never said nor implied anything about race. Blacks are fully assimilated into American culture and just as American as whites are. We have been a blend of European cultures. We aren't however noted to be German or Italian in identity or our national de facto language would have been German or Italian.

Your suspicions are wrong. I couldn't care less about skin color or race. Funny, how facts are viewed as racism or white supremasism with your type. My desire is to retain our national identifying culture not have it changed via illegal immigration or too much legal immigration which results in colonization not assimilation.

If there are any cultural differences between the two cities you mentioned it is directly due to non-assimilation by mostly Hispanics in El Paso but their culture is a minority one not our identifying one.
Again, I ask you what comprises "our national identifying culture" other than being Christian, white, preferring hot dogs to hunan, and speaking English? Is there anything else?

To me, the premise of a "national identifying culture" is preposterous. People in New York have materially different culture than people in rural Alabama and both cultures are vastly different from those in Alaska or Hawaii. I cannot think of one common cultural trait that universally links them together.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:00 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,760,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I guarantee you will see Ted Baxter Acosta standing in front of a bulldozer with crying women and children begging that their cardboard shacks not be demolished. Here is the part of the story they will censor.

Be sure to read the comments, most of which are funny.
Tijuana residents face loss of structures too close to U.S. border fence - The San Diego Union-Tribune
That's pretty easy to solve. Take a tiny bit of our insanely large federal budget and build these people real houses to replace their shacks. Simple and easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies