Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 09:48 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times

Advertisements

Trump is right. Professional sports players in the United States must be required to stand for the National Anthem in the game.

If you don’t want to stand for the National Anthem, then don’t be a professional sports player in the United States.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Of course it does matter. The child isn't learning as many right things when 1 parent raises them vs 2. Is it any wonder that kids who come from 1 parent families are worse off than those who come from 2? The facts prove this and to dismiss it is absurd. Do you actually think 1 parent can work a full time job, come home, take care of the house, AND take care of the kids just as well as 2 parents can? You blew it on this point.

i am not saying that one parent households are ideal, far from it in fact. all i am doing is pointing out that many kids who come from single parent households turn out well. not the majority mind you, but there are many that do.

if the one parent instills proper morals into the child, they grow up retaining those morals, and generally do well. and dont forget that there are many two parent households where the kids turn out badly. does that mean that all two parent households are bad? no it doesnt.

i have seen kids from poor families that were proper law abiding adults, and i have seen kids from two parent households that were nasty criminals. it all depends on how the kid was raised, single or two parent household.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:01 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am not saying that one parent households are ideal, far from it in fact. all i am doing is pointing out that many kids who come from single parent households turn out well. not the majority mind you, but there are many that do.

if the one parent instills proper morals into the child, they grow up retaining those morals, and generally do well. and dont forget that there are many two parent households where the kids turn out badly. does that mean that all two parent households are bad? no it doesnt.

i have seen kids from poor families that were proper law abiding adults, and i have seen kids from two parent households that were nasty criminals. it all depends on how the kid was raised, single or two parent household.
This is called anecdotal evidence. Overall, kids do best when there are 2 parents in the home who love each other, carefully plan and execute, AND one of them stays home to raise the kids. All other methodologies are compromises and are not ideal.

This ideal is so ridiculously obvious, and yet everyone wants to deviate from it because of ego gratification. Am I saying something crazy and ludicrous like we should go back to the child rearing of the 1950s? YES, EXACTLY. THAT'S WHAT WE SHOULD DO. 2 parents, one male, one female, love each other, married, committed to each other and raising the family, one parent stays home, the other parent brings home the money. One parent is always home from 1-5 years old, and always home after school to supervise the kids once they are of school age. No day care, no grandparents or other relatives raising the kids, no nannies, no outsourcing of parental responsibility.

That's a really good and nice formula to have a really good and nice life. It also gives kids the best chance at a stable, quiet, peaceful, happy, engaged, supervised life.

Because of guilt and self-recrimination, many people go into anaphylactic shock when presented with this ideal. It could be termed Parental Derangement Syndrome. So let's not discuss this further, it never turns out well and usually devolves into personal attacks.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
And? So? Who here is saying otherwise? Why even bring it up?

Quote:

An irrelevant deflection from the fact that children from 2 parent families turn out better than children from single parent families. AND that welfare pays a huge part because it doesn't encourage people to work and it doesn't encourage people to stay together and raise children.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
the intelligence community has sold themselves down the river on a regular basis for decades with giving false information to those that need it, and refusing to give information to those that require it.
There have also been times that politicians have taken right intel from the intelligence community and bastardized it. This happened with the WMDs in Iraq.

Quote:
and you have not proven that trump has committed treason, so that is something made up in your mind, and at this point is false.
I can't prove he has or hasn't committed treason but what he did Monday was very treasonous with potentially hindering the prosecution by leaning towards saying that he had no idea Russia would do it because Putin said they didn't, proposing to send Americans to Russia who very well could die and having the Russians "help" in the investigation. Trump slapped Americans in the face Monday. I truly respect the flag but I think it is high time to fly the flag upside down to represent our state of distress from this treasonous puppet to a foreign nation that is currently sitting in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Quote:
as far as the players, it may be true that their "protest" was winding down,
It was because the players realized the conversation turned into it is un-American to kneel for the anthem (while fans sitting or cat-calling and cheering during the anthem isn't.) If I am not mistaken, Marshawn Lynch was one of these who didn't observe the anthem (he sat on a Gatorade jug) did that for years with little fanfare and reason.

Quote:
but trump only said what many of the fans felt. as i have said many times, BEFORE trump said anything, if i were the team owner, the players would stand for the anthem, or they would not play on my team. amd i would not care who the player was either. could be some nobody that made the team, could be the top player on the team, it doesnt matter. in my opinion if the player disrespects the anthem and the flag, they cast a bad light on the team as a whole, and they need to be pared from the team.
Apprently it was a vocal minority from what I heard on a TYT video about the NFL backpedal. Some 56% of respondents were not offended by the protests. That means between those who were offended and those who had no opinion would be 44%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEUOqLBXb0A

Old 07-20-2018, 10:21 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Trump is right. Professional sports players in the United States must be required to stand for the National Anthem in the game.

If you don’t want to stand for the National Anthem, then don’t be a professional sports player in the United States.

If you don't want to kneel for God in a church then don't pretend you are a christian. Kneeling shows respect. So stop with your fake outrage

Old 07-20-2018, 10:59 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What imaginary problem does he plan to protest about?
Whatever his little brain can come up with. I read an article the other day how apparently feeding children of color white milk is now considered racist and grooming them to be dependent on what whites give them. The article's logic behind this is that since milk is good for you and healthy and is white it will give colored children a mindset that only anything white is good for them and a parent serving their child white milk is demeaning to the parent that parents feel that giving them something that is healthy and white undercuts them as providers. The article went on to say that milk doesn't have to be white to be healthy and that it should be dyed to a neutral color.

This is the kind of crap we are dealing with. Maybe he will protest Milks whiteness and the racism behind it.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:12 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

I'm not seeing what one has to do with the other.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:20 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's not extremist enough for these particular players I guess. So they've added the black power fist.
So you're told that the Confederate Flag is not racist because it is a symbol. Now we're told that an African American fist is an extremist symbol when they knee during a song.

SMH

Old 07-21-2018, 04:55 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Got to love people calling a player who takes a knee during the national anthem unpatriotic while calling a POTUS who is making secret deals with Putin a patriot.

It's an upside down world here days.

"while calling a POTUS who is making secret deals with Putin a patriot."

We are NOT talking about Obama.

Did you know ALL of the details, every meeting recorded and made public on EVERY Obama deal he made?

Like the Iran deal and the Russian uranium deal.

Why didn't you demand the records then?

I swear in the dictionary next to the word "hypocrite", there should be a picture of the dem jackass!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies