Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 08:17 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
How is this in anyway a response to my post, or an answer to my questions
Thus you are dead wrong on me finding your reply accurate.

I certainly don't need a history lesson, and even if you are writing a book/s, I get the distinct impression your target audience might not be as interested in the "roots" as you are.
Keep in mind that part of American culture is to bury the past, and not dredge it up like other cultures. For some, they have racial/religious grievances going back close to 1000 years and still go to war over it. Thankfully we in America get over it. That is with the exception of leftists to try to stir up racial animus in those who otherwise would get past it.
Obama was a great example of being the most racially divisive president in my lifetime. Race relations have gone downhill tremendously.
But I digress.

Regardless, you ignored the central theme to my post about self loathing guilty white liberals. You also seem to ignore how not all whites are guilty of slavery and/or racism, whether it be descendants or new immigrants within the last 100 years or so.
Yet many on the left wish to paint all whites into collective guilt, even the ones who fought to end slavery, or dedicated their lives to equality. A majority of white Americans do not have any responsibility for the ills of the past, yet folks like you nevertheless wish to lump everyone into one pot.
Hence the karma comment, and the seeming glee that those who are seeing what the future might bring are somehow afraid of reprisals.
Frankly, if a minority dominated future does come to pass, I'd hope there was not bad karma coming to whites (as is happening in African nations). I don't envision anything like that. Do you?
If so, why would that be a good thing for this country?
Unlike places like the RSA, modern day whites are not guilty by association.
Still, if there were to be reprisals in American in the coming future, why would whites tolerate it?

So see if you can go back and re-read my previous post, and then answer those questions, along with this one.

`
I personally wish I could live a few hundred years from now when all of the races in the United States will have pretty much blended into one race like Polynesia, and people could get back to being proud of things they do rather than things they have no control over. Until then, I will remain a strong proponent and supporter of diversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 08:19 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Said no liberal ever in good faith. Liberals are all about dividing people by race and absolutely don't believe "people are people". Actions speak louder than words, liberals are the biggest racists in the US.
Liberals are not the ones worried about Whites becoming a minority in the United States.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:20 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Given how little (white) evangelicals contribute to the progress of this country - and that can be said of ANY race that puts religion ahead of the 1st Amendment, science, and justice - I can't say that I agree with them about their decline being a problem.

We don't need a theocracy. We don't need "bible law." We don't need a bunch of "bible buffet" hypocrites mouthing off about how "gays need to be punished - cuz the Old Law and duh bible!" before they don mixed fabrics and head out to eat shellfish at Red Lobster after working on the sabbath.

Complaining about people's skin color is the height of absurdity, though that's to be expected of the far-right. Complaining about a lack of religion driving everyone's lives is beyond absurd and is in direct opposition to everything this nation represents.

Last edited by Rambler123; 07-21-2018 at 09:22 AM..

Old 07-21-2018, 08:22 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I personally wish I could live a few hundred years from now when all of the races in the United States will have pretty much blended into one race like Polynesia, and people could get back to being proud of things they do rather than things they have no control over. Until then, I will remain a strong proponent and supporter of diversity.
I feel the same way.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:23 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:

That's pretty funny. Is that where you think the "poly" in Polynesia comes from?

Old 07-21-2018, 08:24 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Exactly. It's all BS. All these "whites" mouthing off about how the nation is going to become "impure" are almost always themselves mutts of various European - and sometimes other - races mixed it. Where do we draw the line? Why is it people keep buying into this lunacy that THEIR immigrant ancestors who were different were "hard-working people who really were Americans" - but the NEXT batch of similar people who arrive here are all "terrible people who are different than me?!"

It is straight-out lunacy. White supremacists and extremists want the line of acceptance for racial diversity and mixed races to be extended JUST far enough to cover their own mixed heritage, but not an inch more. Same idea with the evangelical loons - they want religious tolerance to just cover whatever specific religious sect they worship, but nobody else. The hypocrisy is disgusting.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:27 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

You imply that whites are a monolithic group, that deserve what they get (i.e. what comes around goes around).

Liberals hate people who generalize about minorities (even if those generalizations can sometimes be close to the bone), but are happy to demonize all whites as guilty of racism. This despite them knowing fellow whites who have advocated for minorities all their lives.
How does that square peg fit into the round hole
I suppose they are happy to be the receipts of the "karma" of the bad white people, just because of the color of their skin?

`
If all white Americans were racist we would be living in a very different country.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:58 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Anything Evangelicals are "for", I am against...on (their lack of) principles alone, let alone their hate. Many should be classified as hate groups.

The town where I lived for much of my life went "Christian" after I left. Never during my 25+ years there have I heard as much hate and BS as when I returned. Seemingly normal people turned rabid. Oh.....some sex stuff involving their preacher just hit the paper. What else is new?

The sooner those people crawl back in their holes and keep their business to themselves, the better off this country will be. I'm standing with Ben Franklin, Jefferson and others who didn't believe in the divinity or miracles....but reason and logic and science. Going back 400 years is not my idea of progress.
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A pretty hateful post for someone who is against hate. I have rarely found Evangelical Christians to be as contemptuous of others as you are of them.
Indeed, but most of them do not see their own intolerance and hate. I am not an "evangelical", but the ones I know are some of the nicest and giving people you'd ever want to meet. Many do mission work, donate their time and money to local charities, etc.
Another words they do more than talk and pontificate about the communities problems.
Yet to posters like Caigiri, if others do not accept the liberal indoctrination like she (and apparently her 60's ilk) adopted, they are somehow evil.
Yet I'd bet dollars to donuts evangelicals and other religious people do a lot more day to day than the dopers of the 60's ever do.
To many of them, protesting/rioting, and being general malcontents is their way of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Jesus. OKKKKKKK. in some places they play country music. The point is valid.
Where I grew up we played a variety. We didn't idolize Cassius Clay we called him Muhammed Ali and rooted for smoking Joe.

So how many black people like to be the only black person in a room full of people they barely know? The same is true of whites being the only white person in the room. Asians too same with Hispanics.

This forum is filled with dishonest people. They say "oh to me it won't matter because I am just that cool that I can hang with anyone and feel perfectly normal." BS

Yeah thats why they made that minority neighborhood their priority to move to.
Well said.
Sadly it will go in one ear & out the other for leftists who only see things one way. Others can look at both sides of the coin, then make an informed choice. But leftists abhor things like religion because it does not comport to their "anything goes without repercussion" type of mentality.

`

Old 07-21-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I can honestly claim to be vastly morally superior to the Trump clan....

And I wouldn't say that about the general run of human beings. We are all deeply flawed. However, many have a conscience and don't revel in their sin.
What do you mean about the "Trump clan"
Are you speaking about those who voted for him?

`

Old 07-21-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If all white Americans were racist we would be living in a very different country.
Hopefully the leftist kooks are reading, and

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies