Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 07:51 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Thanks for clarifying where your POV comes from, and I'm not at all surprised by it. So because you had to smile, keep on acting "like a lady" and endure it in your day, my generation and younger must do the same? I don't think so, and thankfully neither does this woman.

Would you still say she went too far had he gone further and put his hand on or in her privates?

And she is not the 1st to have done this. I remember reading another story exactly like this a year or so ago; the guy was in tears, he was so embarrassed.

https://www.distractify.com/trending...o-harrased-her

Oh, and another one:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dis...er-beat-up-guy
In an interview, Ms. Holden, the woman in the video, states that it was a 'very intimate touch" which "went further than it should have" and is what took her by such surprise and prompted her reaction. I thought it looked like more than a squeeze of the buttocks--it looks like he copped a feel of her privates, or attempted to.

https://fox13now.com/2018/07/19/vide...r-groping-her/

It makes me enjoy her response, and the lasting negative Internet notoriety he will enjoy forevermore, all the more.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:58 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Completely disagree. There's a clear line, he crossed it, and the evidence is as clear as can be. Under the statutes, that right there is an open-and-closed case of sexual battery, so throw the book at him. Sucks for him to become the warning to others, but the choice was his.

When has getting a handful in passing ever been appropriate?
I'm not even going to respond to that post because the generational female-splaining is to a point where she is too far gone to get it, even though she claims to have been on the front lines of women's lib back in the day. Funny she claims to have bras older than the woman in the story... shouldn't she have burned them by now?

Old 07-21-2018, 08:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm of two minds on this one. At first I was thinking good for her for confronting the guy and humiliating him. He definitely had it coming. But then she calls the cops on him and he ends up going to jail over it. I think that takes it too far. Slamming him to the ground and humiliating him is a punishment that fits the crime. Throwing him in jail is going overboard. That butt grab was not a life altering moment for the waitress, some simple public humiliation should suffice.

Customer in Savannah grabs a waitress's backside so she tackles him | Daily Mail Online
Oh well.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:08 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Completely disagree. There's a clear line, he crossed it, and the evidence is as clear as can be. Under the statutes, that right there is an open-and-closed case of sexual battery, so throw the book at him. Sucks for him to become the warning to others, but the choice was his.

When has getting a handful in passing ever been appropriate?
Not allowed to rep you again but: Right on the money with this one!

Old 07-21-2018, 08:13 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Common Law
  • Dude grabs woman's arse
  • Woman jacks man's jaw
Been this way for millennia. No modern court of statutes will rule otherwise.

Not that hard to understand.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:14 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I'm not even going to respond to that post because the generational female-splaining is to a point where she is too far gone to get it, even though she claims to have been on the front lines of women's lib back in the day. Funny she claims to have bras older than the woman in the story... shouldn't she have burned them by now?

Make fun of my life experiences and discount them all you want but somewhere along your life I hope you come to realize you've stepped on the shoulders of women like me to get to where you are today just as I stepped on the shoulders of those women who came before me. We're on the same team even though we disagree over how the game is scored.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 07-21-2018 at 08:28 AM..

Old 07-21-2018, 08:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
She didn't say say that men in general feel that way, she said men who feel that way, which is altogether different. Clearly, the one in the video did. Do you disagree?
Yes I do. That poster has no idea why a man would do that and to say "feel they have a right" is dishonest. A right? lol Especially from that poster who has a history of making things up.

Quote:
As to whether or not this was a violent crime, that is a highly subjective question. While it's true that he didn't punch her or beat her, a good argument could be made that by grabbing her like a piece of meat, he did violence to her heart and her soul.
One can't commit violence to a heart and soul. That's overly dramatic imo. One can cause mental anguish but not over a little incident like that.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:33 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Saw this on the news this morning. Great for her. Wouldn't be doing that on a lonely street though.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He couldnt have possibly went to jail over that could he? She should go to jail too then. He was walking away and wasn't posing a threat. There has to be more to this.
wow, so you'd be ok if someone did this to your wife or daughter. You think it's just harmless fun? I say throw the book at him.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:40 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Don't you dare pull that crap. Don't even think about it. That is one seriously vile false equivalency.
LMAO You don't get to order me around. Ever. I love the fake outrage.

Quote:
That man did not stare at her. He grabbed her against her will. It is not the same thing at all, and you damn well know it.
lol more fake outrage. You are absolutely clueless. In both situations I described they are both about using force when no one is being threatened. That you didn't understand that is on you.

Quote:
I think you need to think about something here. Women and girls are aware, from the moment they learn basic anatomy, that rape is a possibility. That does not mean that all men, or even many men, are potential rapists or have any wish to be, but it does mean that all girls and women are potential victims. That kind of vulnerability is not pleasant to think about, and most of the time, we don't...until some pig pulls a stunt like that one. He felt that he had the right to do what he wanted with her body, and if knocking him on his ass made her feel less vulnerable (and maybe makes him think twice about a repeat performance), good for her.
No he didn't feel he had a right to do it. That's just something you made up. Or maybe you heard someone say it and incorrectly thought it was true. Either way you're wrong.

Again, only criminals and scumbags think it's okay to cause harm to someone when no one is being threatened. Go ahead, redefine threatened to fit your twisted agenda. Why not, you don't have a clue what a right is. For some idiotic reason you think someone has a right to physically harm someone because she's a girl and someone was mean. I guess it's okay for cops to hit someone when that person mouths off too right?

Let me guess, a woman can do it because she's a protected group and therefore has more rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies