Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:50 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How can a dumb man and bad person defeat 16 or more Republican candidates during the primaries and then defeat the person who was going to win for sure!
Simple. He told you what you wanted to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 08:55 AM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
George W Bush did it......... twice. The man had the intelligence of a chimp. Americans voted him in twice. What does that say about the state of American politics?

At least Trump isn't dumb. He's just a sociopathic, real estate dealing, snake oil salesman, who conned the hicks into voting for him, and yes, he may well win again.

Just stand by and watch China take over. Americans will wonder how it happened, and why.

Trump isn't guilty of treason. He is guilty of looking after the rich, and that's all.
So you think Bush had the intelligence of a chimp? Perhaps a little more research on his intelligence is in order! While there were no actual IQ tests, based on other information it was estimated to be higher than Kerry.....who was/is indeed a traitor!

Old 07-22-2018, 08:59 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Treason has a specific legal meaning. President Trump's actions even begin to approach this meaning. Throwing the word around lightly doesn't help the conversation.

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

-Legal Information Institute

Old 07-22-2018, 09:00 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
If Bush was so dumb then he must be a genius to get re-elected.

Just as Obama!

I may and for sure didn’t like Obama’s policies but I did think he might be a nice guy to hang out with for a beer. Not so much his wife as I neve rliked her for her own remarks and how she comes across but to use these denigrating remarks are just showing someone who can’t win a decent discussion based on facts and that when the name calling starts or the much used sentence “let me finish” and the shouting to silence the other side.

Well the silent majority spoke when it mattered.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:04 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
Wow the name calling by the left is awful. What if we would
Replace the Name Bush in your Post for Obama!!!

What you just posted is the same as what everyone is upset about when Roseanne tweet her nasty tweet!
Did you post that when on meds or insomnia!
Oh dear....... is that all ya got? Meds or insomnia...... I'm very much right wing. Go read my posting history. But I know when I see a man with the intelligence of a chimp running a country, and a flim flam man also. Obama came into power when your country was in a financial mess, remember? Or have you swam round the bowl since then?

You remember Bush begging Congress for taxpayer money to save his rich pals? All walked away with their cash, leaving the taxpayer to pick up the tab. Remember that? We're all still paying for that dog and pony show.

Now ya got Trump. A man with the attention span of a gnat. He hasn't got the brains to plan treason. He's too busy trying to cover his ass, and finding a way to shut up his shyster lawyer Cohen........

Gawd, every day a new laugh.......

Last edited by English Dave; 07-22-2018 at 09:17 AM..

Old 07-22-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
So you think Bush had the intelligence of a chimp? Perhaps a little more research on his intelligence is in order! While there were no actual IQ tests, based on other information it was estimated to be higher than Kerry.....who was/is indeed a traitor!
Awww gawd....... stop it. More intelligent than Kerry. Please.......stop it......... Bush wouldn't have even been able to write his name at the top of an intelligence test.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:12 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Maybe T-reason has had an adverse effect on corruption and or, in Europe, kruption.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Maybe T-reason has had an adverse effect on corruption and or, in Europe, kruption.
Huh?..........

Old 07-22-2018, 09:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
https://news.utexas.edu/2013/11/18/w...died-in-dallas

Treason is to overthrow a government or leader so the left is saying that Trump will overthrow himself.

How much more unhinged can the left become.

Communist hates JFK and Brannon is a well known Communist so there is where everything leads back to!
Americans love to throw out that 'treason' argument.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...reason/487034/
Trump: Obama Puts America's 'Enemy Over Our Allies'
Once more, the presumptive Republican nominee takes a standard GOP talking point and turns it up a notch, implying the president is guilty of treason.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ Trump keeps throwing around the word ‘treason’ — which may not be a great idea

https://thinkprogress.org/dick-chene...-6474222646ee/
Dick Cheney Asked If Obama Is Guilty Of Treason. Here Was His Response.

I think that the Presidents can have flawed foreign policy but don't believe deep down they are guilty of Treason. Trump was hesitant to come out strong against Putin at the meeting he held with him -- is that treason or just because he's intimidated by Putin AND more importantly, hesitant to come out too strong against the Russians for meddling because Trump thinks that implicates some kind of collusion (which it doesn't for me -- I know some think so but I'm not a big proponent of the collusion thing).

Old 07-22-2018, 09:25 AM

9,171 posts, read 13,253,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
George W Bush did it......... twice. The man had the intelligence of a chimp. Americans voted him in twice. What does that say about the state of American politics?

At least Trump isn't dumb. He's just a sociopathic, real estate dealing, snake oil salesman, who conned the hicks into voting for him, and yes, he may well win again.

Just stand by and watch China take over. Americans will wonder how it happened, and why.

Trump isn't guilty of treason. He is guilty of looking after the rich, and that's all.
Standing by and watching China take over was exactly what we were doing until we elected Trump.

As for Russia, maybe it is not in the long term interest of either of the United States or Russia to be adversaries? I mean, maybe the European Union wants Ukraine in their orbit instead of Russia's but what does the United States get out of that except for bad relations with Russia?

Perhaps Trump is trying to strike some kind of deal. Perhaps he realizes that it is in the long term interests of the United States for Russia to be a independent Great Power and not a satellite of China. Even Obama and Clinton were on record for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies