Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 09:24 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
When I think of puberty blocking I think of those 70s gymnasts who never developed women's bodies, always looking like little girls. Also anorexics or young kids with certain illnesses can have lack of development and never catch up. It is the essential time period for growth and development into an adult.

It is certainly unhealthy and unnatural, to block puberty intentionally with drugs for no necessary reason is clearly medical experimentation and child abuse.
Nope, it's not "clearly" child abuse.

You are still in the realm of speculative long-term damage. I suppose then you'd consider artificial sweeteners to be "child abuse" as well? They never studied the long term effects of those in kids either.

Old 04-21-2022, 09:33 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
YouTube
Watching a YouTube video doesn't mean a child understands the content.

I could have a 5 year old watch an open heart surgery. Doesn't mean he could perform one. Or understands what's going on.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post

You are still in the realm of speculative long-term damage. I suppose then you'd consider artificial sweeteners to be "child abuse" as well? They never studied the long term effects of those in kids either.
I would definitely consider it abusive to intentionally block a natural biological process known as puberty knowing that it can cause long term damage for no real reason. Very cruel thing to do.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:04 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I would definitely consider it abusive to intentionally block a natural biological process known as puberty and one that can cause long term damage for no real reason. Very cruel thing to do.
If you hit your child regularly, that will lead to less everlasting harm than putting them on puberty blockers for years. That poster lost their mind.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:40 AM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Not to mention that puberty blockers can cause permanent bone damage and a host of other negative affects.
Just wait another 20 years to see what kind of damage is done

Old 04-21-2022, 11:29 AM

1,781 posts, read 956,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It depends on how they’re used. They can stunt a person’s growth, and oddly they are also used in young girls to prevent early menstruation that causes short stature. Girls stop growing pretty soon after they start menstruation.
Yes, I know all of this and early menstruation does not always cause short stature. My daughter would have stopped growing had she undergone this treatment. She was in a growth spurt at the time and the pediatric endocrinologist basically guaranteed that she would stop growing had she undergone this treatment. Her hands were measuring as a 12 year old and she was 9 at the time and under 5’ tall. I declined this treatment and she grew about 4-5 inches. She is now almost 15 and is normal height and is doing well. I’m very glad we opted not to treat her.

Old 04-21-2022, 11:30 AM

21,935 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What in the hell is wrong with the world? These children need mental health counseling and treatment to help them deal with reality. Many children going through puberty have challenges and difficulties understanding what is going on. Drugging them to alter their bodies normal development, let alone mutilating their bodies if it comes to that, is a particularly horrific form of child abuse. You're a human being with a particular sex, determined by genetics. If ya got a d*ck, you're not a chick-how hard is that to understand? These children need treatment to accept reality, not butcher their bodies. No matter your "desired", reality exists. You're not a cat because you want to be a cat (who doesn't-you could sleep 16 hours a day?). You're not a dog or a hamster. You're not Spiderman or Wonder Woman because you put on a costume. And you're not a girl if you have a penis or a boy if you have a vagina. Denying reality and pandering to mental illness isn't right and it harms these kids.

How did we get to this point? This has never been "normal". We're treating childhood make believe as reality, and helping children butcher their bodies to aid this fantasy. We have schools and media pushing and making the whole LBGTQRSTUV thing trendy and cool, promoting a delusional version of reality to innocent children. Enabling predators, and doing it at ever younger ages. What happens if a child identifies as a seal or a fish-do we throw them off the pier to deny reality? Insane.

Wrong is wrong-it's time for responsible people, particularly parents, to push back, stop the abuse, stop denying reality and stop supporting mental illness, and work on getting these kids help to deal with reality.
Follow the money. Donors to Democrat party. Check. Lifetime work for therapists who are largely Democrat? Check....

Old 04-21-2022, 12:28 PM

286 posts, read 165,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
It is wrong. Schools encourage this beginning with changing the child's pronouns and name. The parents aren't notified of the name change. Afterwards, schools administer the drugs. It's done without the parents consent or permission.

What country has schools that give drugs to students? Changing kids names? You mean a boy could start school has John and in 1 year end school as Jane wearing a dress and training bra?

Old 04-21-2022, 12:32 PM

7,368 posts, read 3,533,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post

children should make all decisions in life. ice cream for breakfast, candy for lunch, no need to wash hands. it’s more rewarding being a supportive friend so your child likes you than an actual parent

Old 04-21-2022, 12:33 PM

286 posts, read 165,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Follow the money. Donors to Democrat party. Check. Lifetime work for therapists who are largely Democrat? Check....

What statistical information convinces you to believe most therapists are democrats?

Do you believe most professions are primarily democratically controlled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies