Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 11:28 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times

Advertisements

Juanita Bufanaquishria Gonzalez? Other ghetto Black names: hot1041stl.com/2728404/really-60-most-ghetto-names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 01:05 PM

1,289 posts, read 938,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Mexicans have always been racist toward Mayans.
When I was residing in southern California my neighbors and I witnessed an ugly incident between two Guatemalan men and the manager of a restaurant in our neighborhood. The manager refused to allow the Guatemalans inside the restaurant. Ordered them away many times. The whole thing ended badly but ultimately ended worse for the manager. When the owner, neither Mexican nor Guatemalan, found out what had happened the manager was replaced with someone better suited to serving a "diverse" community. That was my first awareness of Mexican racism but not my last. The relationships between Mexicans -- especially new immigrants to southern California (legal or otherwise) -- and Guatemalans, African Americans, and Armenians was very strained for quite some time. What I didn't learn until recently is that part of this bad feeling was a carryover from old tensions among some of these same groups back in Mexico. Now it was exacerbated as an incoming group would try to create a place for themselves in the U.S. and a more established group would try to hold the place they already had. This is highly documented for anyone who is interested in the subject. The time period I'm referring to is the 1990's and into the early 2000's but it might be more extensive than that.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Every race has the capability of being racist. And some races get more leeway than others.

I've witnessed Africans treating African Americans worse than whites.
I remember being shocked when the teacher (8th grade) told us that the English had not always considered the Irish to be white people (Huh?) and that was one reason why they'd treated them so badly throughout their history. When the new world started getting colonized in the 1600's bad treatment of Irish by WASPS continued to one degree or another all the way up to and including the JFK presidency in the 20th century.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Staring with the dominant African tribes selling the members of weaker African tribes to the slave traders.

And even today, there is slavery and genocide being practiced in Africa, also child brides.
Yes, that kind of thing has gone on all over the world for many thousands of years. Between groups and within groups. Some historians argue that slavery (in its many forms, especially including prostitution) is the oldest and most wide spread trade on the planet hands down.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. Even the Cubans do it. They prefer lighter skinned Cubans over darker ones.

The plain fact is, a LOT of people all over the world are quite racist towards anyone with darker skin, regardless of their country of origin or ancestry. It's not just wypipo, it's all over.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. Even the Cubans do it. They prefer lighter skinned Cubans over darker ones.

The plain fact is, a LOT of people all over the world are quite racist towards anyone with darker skin, regardless of their country of origin or ancestry. It's not just wypipo, it's all over.
Some schools call that "colorism". It's technically different from racism. Colorism, like racism, does happen all over. But not very much on the huge continent of Africa. It's somewhat present there, but not much at all in comparison to the rest of the globe. Sub saharan Africans get on each others cases for various reasons but dark skin is seldom one of them.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Black folks don’t care about anti black racism from Mexicans anymore than we care about it coming from whites.

I’ve never had any issues with Mexicans, and I spent copious amounts of time down in Mexico.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:09 AM

13 posts, read 7,353 times
Fake news racism is systemic calling someone a word is dumb not having equal rights is racism

Old 09-29-2018, 02:13 AM

13 posts, read 7,353 times
How is a name ghetto these are Swahili and if you can pronounce gronkowski shippowsniatsy you can pronounce an African name

Old 09-29-2018, 02:33 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Did you even know that there was a black Mexican subculture and that up until 2015 they weren't even counted in the census??? How is that not controversial that our neighbor to the south is still to this day so racist against darker Mexicans. Look at Jorge Ramos, he's whiter than me with blue eyes. Why are 99% of all Mexican reporters and telenovella stars white? We should be able to have an open and honest discussion about this.
Just because you weren't aware of it doesn't mean others were not.

Racism exists anywhere. All it takes is a minority that looks different and/or sounds different.

Mexico has lots of things we don't know much about, but only because we don't care much about learning them. That's only natural. If something isn't our problem and is giving us no trouble, why should we care about it?

Why are the novella stars white? Because to be white is to be Spanish, and to be Spanish has higher status than than being Mestizo, in the middle of the whiteness scale.

Of course, the Spanish have their some problems, as the Moors were Africans, and they ruled Spain for several hundred years. Like I said, racism exists anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies