Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 02:07 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Trump is fixing long term problems that were created decades ago, if he's able to accomplish just half of what he's attempting on trade it'll make 12 billion dollars look like pocket change for our country.

SAY WHAT ????????? He hasn't even accomplished one single campaign promise Y-E-T!
No-WALL.... No Better-MORE AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE ,which the LYING Moron claimed to already have before he took office!

Sad! Trump’s 9 biggest unfulfilled campaign promises

1. A special prosecutor for Hillary Clinton
2. Repeal and replace
3. No days off
LOL! Remember this? "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off," Trump once said, according to Politifact. Trump repeatedly criticized Barack Obama when he took a family vacation or spent time on the golf course.
But since taking office, Trump has spent many of his weekends away from the White House and at his own private golf courses. During his golf outings he frequently meets with dozens of executives, lobbyists and trade group officials who own memberships at his clubs.
While this was never a promise based on policy, and no one should ever demand that a president not change his scenery every so often, this pledge is rooted in his narcissistic and primitive character flaws. His supporters, who berated Trump's predecessor, have said nothing of his time away from the East Wing.
4. Muslim ban
5. No cuts to Medicaid
6. Tax returns
After denials and excuses, Trump finally promised to release his tax returns once the Internal Revenue Service's audit was finished mid-campaign. Thing is, he has yet to actually do so even though the IRS says he's free to make them public any time he likes. After his election, Kellyanne Conway — bless her heart — finally admitted that he likely never will. Sorry, everyone.
7. Tax cuts
8. DACA
9. The border wall
https://www.salon.com/2017/09/09/tru...aign-promises/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 02:09 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Looks like poor sales was the problem. You have to almost wish she could have strung the business out for a while. Now she's going to focus on being the President's adviser whatever this means. You have to wonder what this wealthy elitist who is totally disengaged from real America and has no experience whatsoever in domestic and international politics can contribute to the nation's well being.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
SAY WHAT ????????? He hasn't even accomplished one single campaign promise Y-E-T!
No-WALL.... No Better-MORE AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE ,which the LYING Moron claimed to already have before he took office!

Sad! Trump’s 9 biggest unfulfilled campaign promises

1. A special prosecutor for Hillary Clinton
2. Repeal and replace
3. No days off
LOL! Remember this? "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off," Trump once said, according to Politifact. Trump repeatedly criticized Barack Obama when he took a family vacation or spent time on the golf course.
But since taking office, Trump has spent many of his weekends away from the White House and at his own private golf courses. During his golf outings he frequently meets with dozens of executives, lobbyists and trade group officials who own memberships at his clubs.
While this was never a promise based on policy, and no one should ever demand that a president not change his scenery every so often, this pledge is rooted in his narcissistic and primitive character flaws. His supporters, who berated Trump's predecessor, have said nothing of his time away from the East Wing.
4. Muslim ban
5. No cuts to Medicaid
6. Tax returns
After denials and excuses, Trump finally promised to release his tax returns once the Internal Revenue Service's audit was finished mid-campaign. Thing is, he has yet to actually do so even though the IRS says he's free to make them public any time he likes. After his election, Kellyanne Conway — bless her heart — finally admitted that he likely never will. Sorry, everyone.
7. Tax cuts
8. DACA
9. The border wall
https://www.salon.com/2017/09/09/tru...aign-promises/
I'm sorry but the biggest lie Trump told was everyone was going to get health care and the government would pay for it. Ivanka shut this down because no one was buying her clothes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mcN0zweQE

Old 07-24-2018, 02:10 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Puck View Post
Are you sure this will stop at 12 Billion dollars ?
Nope, should we give up and just accept the fact that we get screwed by every other country on the planet when it comes to trade?

Old 07-24-2018, 02:12 PM

309 posts, read 246,440 times
Quote:
Nope, should we give up and just accept the fact that we get screwed by every other country on the planet when it comes to trade?
Nope, we come up with policies which don't shaft tax payers by requiring bailouts.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Gee, I sure hope she manages to cover the rent on her apartment this month.

The blind hate and jealousy in here is thick enough to cut with a knife, if any of you were allowed to have sharp objects of course.
I know I'm always jealous of people whose businesses are shuttered because nobody will carry their merchandise anymore.

I mean, aren't we all jealous of failure?

Old 07-24-2018, 02:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Should we have shut down all the automobile manufacturers? Trump supporters were fine with that.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:16 PM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Now the big question will be if Trump imposes tariffs on clothing if his daughter is no longer affected. If he does, then he OBVIOUSLY was shielding her. Talk about using the office to personally profit.
Except the opposite is true.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:19 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Some almost to the point it's comical...I'm sure you know which posters...
See the rest of my posts (so far) in this thread.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:21 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Puck View Post
Nope, we come up with policies which don't shaft tax payers by requiring bailouts.
Are you keeping these policies a secret? Why didn't they get imposed before 2014?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies