Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 12:06 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,772,764 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to understand this and I'm honestly asking. Trump has only returned a few hundred children out of what, 2500? He says many cannot be returned because they deported the parents. Did the parents know? Were all parents given a choice? Were they made to sign something and did they understand what they were signing? Are we going to have a generation of hundreds of children that were kidnapped by Trump because he took the children and kicked parents out of the country without them? I'm imagining documentaries of these children through their lives searching for their parents because Trump took them.

No, this is not what Obama did. Obama had kids that crossed alone but it was Trump that implemented a "no tolerance" policy that meant separating the parents from the children and then deporting the parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 12:48 AM

7,826 posts, read 6,418,159 times
Providing food and shelter for children when their parents get arrested is now ‘kidnapping’?

Old 07-25-2018, 12:51 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,772,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Providing food and shelter for children when their parents get arrested is now ‘kidnapping’?
If the parents are deported without the kids, and the courts are being told the kids cannot be reunited with the parents because they were deported, how is that not kidnapping? What happens to these kids? Are we going to keep these kids until they are 18, then kick them out when they may only learn English? How is this not kidnapping?

Old 07-25-2018, 03:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,278,588 times
If, if, if. This is nothing new. The kids will be reunited, they will all be deported and the parents have a criminal record.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:03 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,723,045 times
The parents coming here illegally with kids should have the kids taken away permanently.
Its child endangerment and abuse.
Dems don't give a dam about American children killed by the illegal criminals so I'm not buying their BS.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:10 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,823,339 times
They implemented this policy with no clue of what was going to happen to these kids. If not for the ACLU and public pressure, they'd have taken thousands more into custody by now. They don't see these kids as people- they're just a means to an end.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:39 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,723,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
They implemented this policy with no clue of what was going to happen to these kids. If not for the ACLU and public pressure, they'd have taken thousands more into custody by now. They don't see these kids as people- they're just a means to an end.
Dems don't give a dam about any kids. They see this issue as a political hammer to gin up votes while shirking their responsibility to work on immigration policy.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:51 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,100,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The parents coming here illegally with kids should have the kids taken away permanently.
Dems don't give a dam about American children killed by the illegal criminals so I'm not buying their BS.
What should be done with those kids?

Old 07-25-2018, 05:57 AM

1,316 posts, read 753,133 times
Quote:

So what should happen to these children? They are now the responsibility of the state? And what about those fleeing violence. They are not all rapists and murderers, you know. They aren't all drug dealers and gang members. There are families trying to make a better life. And, for the record, I can actually care about more than one group of children. Maybe you can, too, if you try reeeeaaaaallll hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

Exactly. This was a punitive plan, and nothing more, designed to invoke fear and suffering. We. Are. Better. Than. This.

Quote:
Dems don't give a dam about any kids. They see this issue as a political hammer to gin up votes while shirking their responsibility to work on immigration policy.

That is so untrue. I can't even begin to tell you how untrue it is, and you won't understand it anyway. But here's something I truly don't understand--how can you support the sheer cost of this? I understand that YOU don't care about the kids, but it is costing a LOT of taxpayer money to keep these children. What is the end-game? What are we going to accomplish here? A moral blight on the United States, and a gaping money hole?

Old 07-25-2018, 06:00 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,919,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm trying to understand this and I'm honestly asking. Trump has only returned a few hundred children out of what, 2500? He says many cannot be returned because they deported the parents. Did the parents know? Were all parents given a choice? Were they made to sign something and did they understand what they were signing? Are we going to have a generation of hundreds of children that were kidnapped by Trump because he took the children and kicked parents out of the country without them? I'm imagining documentaries of these children through their lives searching for their parents because Trump took them.

No, this is not what Obama did. Obama had kids that crossed alone but it was Trump that implemented a "no tolerance" policy that meant separating the parents from the children and then deporting the parents.

This entire situation is a debacle that will be remembered for decades. It is almost as bad as the concentration camps and Hitler putting people on trains. Think about it, families ripped apart, parents sent one direction and their children sent God knows where, to the point where we are now having trouble reuniting them, even under a court order.

There is nothing more sacred than family, and America, where we hold ourselves up as this pillar of virtue, has become a monster who thinks nothing of doing something as despicable as treating these people like animals. If there has been one low spot in this entire administration, and there have been many, this treatment of other human beings is definitely a new low, even for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies