Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 06:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

This is NOT the answer. It's more pandering to big business and corporations. While it has a tinge of hyperbole there is also truth in it.

We are separating families because we refuse to do what we know needs done, enact e-verify and prosecute those who hire illegals, because big business wants none of that.

The two parties have been no different in this regard but it is Trump doing it now and any condemnation coming his way is earned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 06:03 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
They implemented this policy with no clue of what was going to happen to these kids. If not for the ACLU and public pressure, they'd have taken thousands more into custody by now. They don't see these kids as people- they're just a means to an end.
I heard they were digging mass graves and shooting them in the head!!!!! Bunch of NAZIS!!!!

Old 07-25-2018, 06:14 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I heard they were digging mass graves and shooting them in the head!!!!! Bunch of NAZIS!!!!

I bet if these were your children, you wouldn't be so flippant. You might joke now, but that simply shows how insensitive and uncaring your side is to the fact THESE ARE HUMAN BEINGS we are talking about here, not animals, and not people who are trying to harm someone.

As much as you dislike it, some of us DO care about the suffering of others, and we do not see them as objects to be treated like human garbage.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:20 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The parents coming here illegally with kids should have the kids taken away permanently.
Its child endangerment and abuse.
Dems don't give a dam about American children killed by the illegal criminals so I'm not buying their BS.
You don’t want illegals or asylum seekers in this country but it’s okay to keep their kids to punish them?
And do what with them?

Old 07-25-2018, 06:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I bet if these were your children, you wouldn't be so flippant. You might joke now, but that simply shows how insensitive and uncaring your side is to the fact THESE ARE HUMAN BEINGS we are talking about here, not animals, and not people who are trying to harm someone.

As much as you dislike it, some of us DO care about the suffering of others, and we do not see them as objects to be treated like human garbage.
The old bait and switch. They get invited to come here by a business owner to make a better life for their family but then have this sprung on them when they do.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:34 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
They implemented this policy with no clue of what was going to happen to these kids. If not for the ACLU and public pressure, they'd have taken thousands more into custody by now. They don't see these kids as people- they're just a means to an end.

It is clear there was no plan or thought given to the kids. Or it was a way for the donor class to make some big money fast.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:35 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:

How much do you care? How many illegals do you harbor in you house. How many homeless set at your table for dinner? I have asked before where is the courage of your convictions?

Old 07-25-2018, 06:38 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:

That response speaks to exactly how this policy came about.
The administration clearly doesn’t believe that these people are human with the same familial concerns as their supporters (like that poster) in the red state suburbs.
This attitude has been long-standing in this country as shown by the treatment of indigenous children, the children of slaves and the tens of thousands of poor children lost to the streets at the turn of the 20th century.

Mix in some large amount of white savior complex and here we are.

They really believe that neither the parents nor the kids could possibly be harmed by these separations because they don’t believe that they have the same feelings or attachments as “real” people.
And the kids have to be better off being raised by (white) strangers than the heathens who brought them here, never mind the contradictions inherent in forcing these undocumented children to stay in the country.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:44 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If the parents are deported without the kids, and the courts are being told the kids cannot be reunited with the parents because they were deported, how is that not kidnapping? What happens to these kids? Are we going to keep these kids until they are 18, then kick them out when they may only learn English? How is this not kidnapping?

I'd wager the PUTRID SUBHUMAN PILE OF EXCRETEMENT has sold them to human traffickers ,and he planned it all along, since they made no provision whatsoever to keep track of the children!

Old 07-25-2018, 06:53 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm trying to understand this and I'm honestly asking. Trump has only returned a few hundred children out of what, 2500? He says many cannot be returned because they deported the parents. Did the parents know? Were all parents given a choice? Were they made to sign something and did they understand what they were signing? Are we going to have a generation of hundreds of children that were kidnapped by Trump because he took the children and kicked parents out of the country without them? I'm imagining documentaries of these children through their lives searching for their parents because Trump took them.

No, this is not what Obama did. Obama had kids that crossed alone but it was Trump that implemented a "no tolerance" policy that meant separating the parents from the children and then deporting the parents.
All immigration policies by States are essentially kidnapping schemes. When you deny someone freedom of movement on land not privately held, at gunpoint, you are quarantining them. So yes, kidnapping. Fine by both Trump and Obama.

Not that you or anyone else is interested in this of course. It's principled thought outside the Team Red/Team Blue paradigm.

Carry on with the statist bickering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies