Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 11:03 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
There’s just no positive way to spin this. You have two choices.

1. A person who had regular contact with the current President of the United States thinks he is suffering from dementia.

2. Donald Trump, who brags about hiring only the “best people” is stabbed in the back by a former employee for personal gain.
It is indeed a lose-lose for Trump. Either way he looks bad.

I don't plan on reading the book but look forward to political talking heads picking it apart and mentioning the funniest parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
Consider the source!

I doubt that her story is true, it is obviously from her bias, and she is a tough cookie, not sure if that is always good.

she has the personality of a spider, the kind that eats its mate, except she is mean at her core.

Will say anything to sell a book.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Howard Stearn, long time friend of Trump, said “the presidency was not going to be good for Trump’s emotional well-being”.

The daily tweet storms are evidence that Stern was correct.

If Trump ceased tweeting and controlled his rhetoric, his popularity would soar.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:07 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,434,155 times
Most of us have watched 45 on TV for decades. This is not news.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:10 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Howard Stearn, long time friend of Trump, said “the presidency was not going to be good for Trump’s emotional well-being”.

The daily tweet storms are evidence that Stern was correct.

If Trump ceased tweeting and controlled his rhetoric, his popularity would soar.
I agree, it absolutely would.

That's what makes the situation so funny. All of Trump's aides, most republican congressmen and women, and many Americans wish he would simply stop tweeting. 90% of Trump's tweets are used against him by the media.

Unfortunately, Trump's ego won't allow him to stop. For one, telling Donald to stop doing something probably only makes him want to do it more. "Nbody tells me what I can or can't do!"

Secondly, his ego can't be silenced. He just HAS to have his opinion known about everything.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:18 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Can't we just dust off the thread on Trump being mentally ill as diagnosed by people that have never met him and add it to that?

Old 08-03-2018, 12:27 PM

639 posts, read 248,739 times
I picked up Fire and Fury today because none of the legit books I wanted were in yet and I know its full of lies but I need a funny read right now.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:38 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Can't we just dust off the thread on Trump being mentally ill as diagnosed by people that have never met him and add it to that?
Why?

Omarosa has met him.

Bit of difference, no?

Old 08-03-2018, 12:38 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
He thought enough of her to hire her. Most normal thinking people were wondering why she (a whacky reality star) was in the White House in the first place.
She was on Celebrity Big Brother and she told the other houseguests that Trump loved her from the beginning (The Apprentice) because she was a sh*t stirrer. She said he loved it when the other contestants were vendictive with each other and would throw each other under the bus when in the boardroom. Her next words "He Loves Chaos." Hmm. Sounds familiar.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
The excerpt from the book as it relates to the interview with Lester Holt:

“ Donald rambled. He spoke gibberish. He contradicted himself from one sentence to the next”

Hard pressed to deny her observation.

There are good reasons why Trump’s lawyers are very concerned about Trump being interviewed by Mueller.

Naiveness? Disorganized thinking? Dementia? Something else ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies