Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 07:56 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,287,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
If we abolished the Federal Reserve and repealed the 16th Amendment, we'd stop the government from being able to loot the money from future generations and spend it like crazy and we'd also ruin their ability to fund all of the unconstitutional operations that the government has taken on. This would be a HUGE plus.

However, it would, I believe, also wipe out all of the "savings" in Social Security, would end Medicare immediately, and would also end Medicaid. Also, federal, and likely state and local, pensions would also be wiped out. Tens of millions of people in retirement would no longer have Social Security to rely on and ditto for those legitimately on disability relying on Medicaid or SSD. Loads of seniors would be in trouble without Medicare. And all public workers who counted on their pensions to keep them afloat after retirement would suddenly see them all wiped out. That would be a BIG negative. Also, I believe, in the short term, inflation would go up as well, meaning prices would go up, so those already hit by the end of Social Security, etc, would also be hit by big price increases. Another BIG negative.

Still, I think, overall, the positives outweigh the negatives.
If thought either would happen I would

Sell all US $ assets, buy gold, silver, go overseas. After some point, I would return after the crash and revaluation and pile back into $-based investments...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 08:17 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
If we abolished the Federal Reserve and repealed the 16th Amendment, we'd stop the government from being able to loot the money from future generations and spend it like crazy and we'd also ruin their ability to fund all of the unconstitutional operations that the government has taken on. This would be a HUGE plus.

However, it would, I believe, also wipe out all of the "savings" in Social Security, would end Medicare immediately, and would also end Medicaid. Also, federal, and likely state and local, pensions would also be wiped out. Tens of millions of people in retirement would no longer have Social Security to rely on and ditto for those legitimately on disability relying on Medicaid or SSD. Loads of seniors would be in trouble without Medicare. And all public workers who counted on their pensions to keep them afloat after retirement would suddenly see them all wiped out. That would be a BIG negative. Also, I believe, in the short term, inflation would go up as well, meaning prices would go up, so those already hit by the end of Social Security, etc, would also be hit by big price increases. Another BIG negative.

I'd like to abolish the A.P.R., and just pay a flat percentage on the life of a loan, or at least for first time home buyers.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Long time dream of Ron Paul and good odea but it will never happen.
Yep, the Rothschilds are the clear owners of this country, if not most of the world banks, and with that power, comes military might. They will execute or at least severely punish and threaten anyone who even thinks about going after them. Last congressman that tried to audit the Federal Reserve, ended up announcing his early retirement a few months later, and in his words, he actually says that the safety of his family is more important than his job as a congressman. His name is Jason Chaffetz. You guys should check him out on some of his youtube videos.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Yeah--they get bombed and have their governments overthrown by the U.S.
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. I read somewhere that all of the countries we have trade blocks with or go to war with, are countries that refused to be part of some kind of globalist banking system that is backed by the US federal reserve. In truth, I even heard that the Federal Reserve in the USA is just a branch, and the real headquarters are in London.

My understanding is, London controls the money of the world, Vatican city controls the religions of the world, and District of Columbia control the militaries of the world. Any country or it's leader that threatens this pact are punished dearly for it.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:03 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,253,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
The Fed has destroyed 97% of the dollar's value through inflation since 1913. If the theory behind central banking is "stability" then they have clearly failed.

Central banking to me is like Communism; it only works in theory. At least with gold you have to dig it out of the ground first before you can lend it out at interest. The politicians and bankers of course hate this because that involves work and keeps everyone honest.
The dollar has lost value because GDP has increased. If the amount of currency stays constant while the economy expands, then you have deflation where a dollar buys more in the future than it buys now. Why should your wealth increase simply because you held dollars at some point in the past? You need to work for it.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:12 PM

6 posts, read 5,522 times
Quote:

Way to narrow. All of DC should go. The Fed actually seems competent, which is more than can be said of the presidency, congress, the senate and various depts. May sound cute, but the time comes when reality intrudes on America for not having a working government.

The Fed is the least of fires to be sparked.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:02 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Another Federal Reserve Trump nominee, Steve Moore, author of Trumpanomics and resident economics expert for CNN for years, withdrew his name after the usual Demonrat smear campaign which involved going back twenty years when he said things that offended feminists. Get this -- they even got his divorce records unsealed.

He was on with Tucker Carlson tonight and said they didn't ask about his financial and economic background and now CNN has been smearing him, too.

Demonrats are dangerous and must be destroyed. There is no way to compromise at this point. I'm serious. The few honorable moderates should create an entirely new party like the UK conservatives did with the Brexit Party

#WalkAway

Old 05-02-2019, 07:31 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
When the powers to be crash the markets going into the election it will be interesting how much the rhetoric against The Fed heats up. Going to be quite the Twitter war lol.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:42 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
... we should abolish the Federal Reserve

We have been reading this a lot lately.

What wacko fringe personality is promoting this idea?
It's not a "whacko" idea.

The Federal Reserve concept was conceived by private bankers at a meeting at Jeckyl Island as a means by which bankers could cash in on every dollar earned by Americans.

The system REQUIRES debt to create circulating cash. There was a reason the founding fathers opposed such a concept of central banking, as they had the foresight to see what would happen.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:16 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Another Federal Reserve Trump nominee, Steve Moore, author of Trumpanomics and resident economics expert for CNN for years, withdrew his name after the usual Demonrat smear campaign which involved going back twenty years when he said things that offended feminists. Get this -- they even got his divorce records unsealed.

He was on with Tucker Carlson tonight and said they didn't ask about his financial and economic background and now CNN has been smearing him, too.

Demonrats are dangerous and must be destroyed. There is no way to compromise at this point. I'm serious. The few honorable moderates should create an entirely new party like the UK conservatives did with the Brexit Party

#WalkAway
By dumping Moore they just implicitly made an even stronger case that Joe Biden will have to be dumped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies