Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 07:16 AM

862 posts, read 519,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Right-wing websites target New York Times' new writer over what they call 'anti-white' tweets
http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/right...222033710.html

"what they call 'anti-white' tweets" ??

clearly the author of this article thinks these tweets were fine and dandy.

for leftists, double standard is the standard.
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS THE ALT RIGHT

These people are really that crazy, it would be funny if it wasn't so goddamn sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 07:19 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle View Post
I dunno- why don't you ask white people who write racist things about black people how they manage to look their black coworkers in the eye the next day?
Well, you can’t. They’ve been fired.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:51 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Four years ago, Sarah Jeong was being harassed by trolls on social media. Like many trolls, I'm sure some of the things they were harrassing her about were her race and gender. Jeong decided to fight fire with fire, tweeting responses that while they clearly used whiteness as an insult, they were also clearly directed at the trolls.
Sorry, it is not "clear" that her tweets were directed at supposed trolls. Her tweets do not merely encapsulate trolls. She directs them at an entire race, the tweets are especially nasty, and I personally don't either perceive or believe that the tweets were solely responses to her being trolled. They are that nasty. They are also repetitive, which indicates that they aren't merely a response to people she should have responded to once or ignored. They read more like deep seated opinion.

Quote:
Yes, this was unprofessional on Jeong's part, and the New York Times certainly discussed that with her. I don't think there's any disagreement there.
Today, "discussing it" is not enough. Either the Left has a double standard or it doesn't.

Quote:
The problem isn't those tweets though. The problem is that the conservative world is so threatened by outspoken women and people of color that don't "know their place."
So, being almost genocidally racist against Whites is being "outspoken" and being the same against minorities is Hitler? Grab your parachute because your moral platform just disintegrated under your feet and you are in free-fall.

If you think you can double talk you way into righteousness on this one then you are mistaken. There will be no effective sympathy for her being "outspoken", no matter how much you attempt to cry out in pain on her behalf as she strikes another race.

Quote:
So much so that they dishonestly took Jeong's tweets out of context in order to silence her.
There is nothing taken "out of context". Her tweets speak for themselves. And you are terrible at spin. One of the worst I've read.

Quote:
That is a textbook example of racism and sexism at work.
Lol. See above. You cry out in pain as you strike another.

Quote:
Believe me, if a person of color had made horrible unprovoked comments about white people, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Are you high? That's exactly what we are speaking about.

Quote:
And if your beloved straight white Christian males were being harassed by people of color, and they fought fire with fire in the same context that Jeong did, I would make sure that they know their behavior was unprofessional yet judge, and then give them a chance based on the merits of their work.
Sure you would Because that's how this always goes down. Happens all of the time. You're desperate spin is so disingenuous that it insults this forum.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Straight white male high school student Josh Hader makes unprovoked racist and homophobic tweets: white people give him a standing ovation

Asian American female journalist Sarah Jeong makes some negative comments about the whiteness of trolls harassing her on social media: SHE'S A WITCH BURN HER!!!
Sorry, is Josh Hader on an editorial board of "the paper of record" that is supposedly an arbiter of objective journalism for public consumption and influence? Or doe he silently throw round objects over and over again?

There is no comparison. Lots of people are openly racist on twitter. Left and Right alike. We aren't speaking about all people regardless of their job. If we were, we'd be here all day lambasting both sides.

We aren't speaking about the many Black athletes and entertainers that have made racial comments in regard to Whites that you are willfully blind to. If that's your goal, then I can easily counter your Josh Hader example with Jamie Fox and many other people who are as equally irrelevant to this conversation. Leaving this issue, still, as stand-alone.

We are speaking about one overtly racist person who is being positioned to have inordinate influence over a primary source of ostensibly objective information for public consumption.

Your counter-example is irrelevant and this issue stands. Your spin merely comes off as unreasonably biased and, frankly, outs the Left as racially interested and hostile to Whites in general.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
So because I got hit with racist attacks from black women when I was dating a black man, I'm now cleared to spew hateful crap toward black women in wide, unrelated, non-specific tweets? Got it.
Great point.

I think your (hypothetical) reasoning qualifies you both for a new career in journalism and as a moral philosopher for the Left.

Just be sure to not get mixed up who you are and are not allowed to be viciously racist toward.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
But this also establishes the New York Times as an openly out-of-the-closet, racist organization to such an extreme extent that it cannot be honestly or credibly refuted or denied.
That is true.

Though, to be fair, that they were provably an out of the closet racist org was prior the case via their consistent anti-White agitprop (agitation propaganda) extending back decades.

Hiring an overtly vicious racist is a new one, though. Most of their racists like to stay as quiet as possible, outside of their articles.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Oh yawwwwnn.

More whining.
That's funny. I suppose that you'll be yawning similarly should the situation reverse. Correct?

Old 08-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Right-wing websites target New York Times' new writer over what they call 'anti-white' tweets
http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/right...222033710.html

"what they call 'anti-white' tweets" ??

clearly the author of this article thinks these tweets were fine and dandy.

for leftists, double standard is the standard.
If anyone was unsure of how much a pos yahoo is, this article should solidify it.
Edit: cd would ban me if I wrote what this woman tweeted. NYT might give her a parade. “The enemy of the people” sums it up

Last edited by saltine; 08-03-2018 at 08:53 AM..

Old 08-03-2018, 08:46 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Seems you don't understand. She's a liberal/progressive. She is not expected to practice what the liberal royalty preach.

Here's another quote (mine): "Liberal hypocrites hired by the NYT have brains that are predisposed to go into thermal overload and burn out faster, thus logically only being fit to clean poop off the streets of San Francisco for the rest of their lives."

Old 08-03-2018, 08:58 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Here's how I see it ... blah blah blah...
I'd see it like that too if I were wearing hypocrite-colored glasses.

I have a better idea. Let's call a racist comment a racist comment regardless of its source and judge it the same regardless of its source.

If she were responding to insults directed at her, why are we not seeing them as well? Besides, I didn't note that her racist posts were directed at a specific person(s). If they were, I might give her a pass, because I myself will post vicious material directed at someone who has posted vicious material directed at me. But no, most of her stuff says "white people" or "white men" (or equivalent) in general. As a supposedly professional writer, she damn well knew what she was saying/writing. Supremely stupid on her part.

Notice I didn't say a disparaging thing about Asian people or Asian women--no comment about burning or getting a thrill at insulting Asians... none of that! I will, however, comment on the defective liberal mind: it's a terrible thing to waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies