Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 09:12 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,539,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
So how do you feel about the baseball player? Should he lose his job?

For the record, I wouldn’t lose sleep if she was fired over this.
No, I don't think the baseball player should be fired because 1) he was a high school kid at the time, and 2) he doesn't influence content on a major publication that reflects his bias. He hits and pitches for a living.

Conversely, the anti-white racist should be fired because 1) she was a Harvard-educated adult at the time, and 2) her bias will be reflected in the content used to influence millions of Americans. She writes material for a living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 09:37 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,005,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No, I don't think the baseball player should be fired because 1) he was a high school kid at the time, and 2) he doesn't influence content on a major publication that reflects his bias. He hits and pitches for a living.

Conversely, the anti-white racist should be fired because 1) she was a Harvard-educated adult at the time, and 2) her bias will be reflected in the content used to influence millions of Americans. She writes material for a living.
Take out the racism even. She shouldn't be hired because she creates a hostile work place. Shes published negative things about her peers and said she would fire them. Basic HR 101, shes toxic for the work place and made threats to her now co-workers. Not to mention cheering on her now employer getting sued.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:40 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,556,841 times
Quote:

I do not believe that Jeong should be fired from the Times. It is a racist newspaper and her beliefs are consistent with what that paper and the Democrat left value these days.

What this should and I expect will serve to do is help to disable the lynch mob style campaigns of the Democrat left to socially terrorize people that the Democrat left and the Times disagree with or are openly bigoted towards.

For example, Paula Deen was harassed, attacked and socially terrorized to the point of being fired at her position at the cooking channel for previously in her life - many years ago - having uttered the "n-word". No exact quote was provided and certainly nothing recorded or written by her was produced.

Does the using of the "N-word" make someone a racist? If it does, there are tens of millions of people in inner cities around our country who continue to use that term proudly, loudly, frequently and with impunity, even knowing how vile, hateful and otherwise useless that word is.

But that was not what Paula Deen's harassment and ultimate firing was about. It was about much of the Democrat left's open bigotry towards Southern white people. She was a Southern white woman and they socially terrorized her because of that - not because she was being hateful or racist or bigoted, as she clearly does not appear to be any of those things.

Paula Deen is however associated with an identity politics related group that many among the Democrat left openly despise and are actively hostile towards, as they demonstrated here in this episode. They socially terrorized her because so many on the Democrat left are hateful, racist bigots and she was their target in this instance because of that.

Their defense of Susan Joeng is much the same. They are protecting their agenda of hatefulness and incivility, not any righteousness that Joeng represents here, which appears to be precisely none on this topic.

This vile, anti-social behavior must be stopped. The cycle of allowing people to have their careers ruined because their values or views are not "Politically correct" must be stopped. That means now.

So going forward, the acceptance and protection of this woman by the Times and the Democrat left should be used like a rhetorical billy club against anyone trying to socially terrorize people more innocent than Susan Joeng is on this topic, which would certainly included the likes of Paula Deen.

It is time to stop this now. No more.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 08-04-2018 at 09:54 AM..

Old 08-04-2018, 10:13 AM

21,514 posts, read 10,636,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
And now she is on record trashing the NYT itself, as well as other members of the editorial board...cant make this stuff up! I'm sure the NYT will be there to defend her still.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...ew-york-times/

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/statu...94904619044866
What’s her beef with Tom Friedman? Weird. I thought he was a woke liberal, but I guess he’s still a white male.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:17 AM

19,774 posts, read 12,339,271 times
Well that is one angry opinionated millennial now, naming names, even her co-workers. Doesn't even make sense, she is hostile against her own employer.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:18 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,539,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I do not believe that Jeong should be fired from the Times. It is a racist newspaper and her beliefs are consistent with what that paper and the Democrat left value these days.

What this should and I expect will serve to do is help to disable the lynch mob style campaigns of the Democrat left to socially terrorize people that the Democrat left and the Times disagree with or are openly bigoted towards.

For example, Paula Deen was harassed, attacked and socially terrorized to the point of being fired at her position at the cooking channel for previously in her life - many years ago - having uttered the "n-word". No exact quote was provided and certainly nothing recorded or written by her was produced.

Does the using of the "N-word" make someone a racist? If it does, there are tens of millions of people in inner cities around our country who continue to use that term proudly, loudly, frequently and with impunity, even knowing how vile, hateful and otherwise useless that word is.

But that was not what Paula Deen's harassment and ultimate firing was about. It was about much of the Democrat left's open bigotry towards Southern white people. She was a Southern white woman and they socially terrorized her because of that - not because she was being hateful or racist or bigoted, as she clearly does not appear to be any of those things.

Paula Deen is however associated with an identity politics related group that many among the Democrat left openly despise and are actively hostile towards, as they demonstrated here in this episode. They socially terrorized her because so many on the Democrat left are hateful, racist bigots and she was their target in this instance because of that.

Their defense of Susan Joeng is much the same. They are protecting their agenda of hatefulness and incivility, not any righteousness that Joeng represents here, which appears to be precisely none on this topic.

This vile, anti-social behavior must be stopped. The cycle of allowing people to have their careers ruined because their values or views are not "Politically correct" must be stopped. That means now.

So going forward, the acceptance and protection of this woman by the Times and the Democrat left should be used like a rhetorical billy club against anyone trying to socially terrorize people more innocent than Susan Joeng is on this topic, which would certainly included the likes of Paula Deen.

It is time to stop this now. No more.
I agree with you that the vile, anti-social behavior must be stopped, and the character assassination of anyone who dares express a non-liberal opinion must cease, but I'm not optimistic. When the curtain is pulled back on liberals' racism, such as with what happened with the NYT writer, they double down on their venom as they panic that the truth was revealed.

I myself was called an "alt-right racist" for expressing disgust not just with the writer's vile and extreme racist tweets, but with the NYT's attempt to excuse it. The liberal who called me that stuck his snout up in the air and said, "if you want to engage in racist attacks, don't expect me to be part of it" and stormed away. Just consider the degree of derangement with that response.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well that is one angry opinionated millennial now, naming names, even her co-workers. Doesn't even make sense, she is hostile against her own employer.
Well, she did write that in 2013, but I’m surprised it made it through the “vetting process.” She seems like a high risk. I bet she ends up suing them for some reason or other. Or demanding that white editors lose their jobs.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I agree with you that the vile, anti-social behavior must be stopped, and the character assassination of anyone who dares express a non-liberal opinion must cease, but I'm not optimistic. When the curtain is pulled back on liberals' racism, such as with what happened with the NYT writer, they double down on their venom as they panic that the truth was revealed.

I myself was called an "alt-right racist" for expressing disgust not just with the writer's vile and extreme racist tweets, but with the NYT's attempt to excuse it. The liberal who called me that stuck his snout up in the air and said, "if you want to engage in racist attacks, don't expect me to be part of it" and stormed away. Just consider the degree of derangement with that response.
It just means they couldn’t counter it so they ended the conversation by calling you a racist and walking away. There is really no defense.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:35 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,140,456 times
I think that she is jealous because, whereas there are lots of pretty Asian girls that white men like, she is NOT one of them by a long shot.

Didn't get enough attention in school and whatnot.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:37 AM

30,747 posts, read 19,407,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Which normally gets you fired but since she's an anti white male racist, she's fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies