Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 02:22 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It works the other way also.

Get a bill for $2500 and the insurance pays $1800. If you don't have insurance the provider wants $2500.

Should all of this be addressed? absolutely. With Universal Health Care there aren't all these different variables.
No.

The urgent care center charged a cash transaction $150. They charged an insurance provider $468.

Same serve, different prices. What I paid through insurance AFTER they *discounted* my final bill --which was still more than the $150 BTW -- is not in play here.

They charged 2 entirely different prices based on whether the payer was a human vs a corporation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 02:24 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,127,191 times
Marxists can't argue their position convincingly. He would destroy her, and she would be in tears in just a few minutes!

Old 08-10-2018, 02:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No.

The urgent care center charged a cash transaction $150. They charged an insurance provider $468.

With the insurance provider paying $150 (They never pay what they are billed) and then they write off the rest as a "loss".

Same serve, different prices. What I paid through insurance AFTER they *discounted* my final bill --which was still more than the $150 BTW -- is not in play here.

They charged 2 entirely different prices based on whether the payer was a human vs a corporation.
I agree we need to get rid of insurance companies. I've argued that for years. Urgent Care is not going to treat your cancer. Your heart blockage. People are not going to be paying out of pocket for any of that.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:44 PM

719 posts, read 357,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Because he makes fun of the war that killed a million of my people, he excuses Reagan's death squads in central America, and attacks anyone who criticizes the slaughter in Yemen. The man is a state propagandist.
First of all, who is "your people"?
Secondly, please PROVIDE SOURCES FOR THE THREE ACCUSATIONS you made here. No? I'm not surprised at all. Well maybe next time you'll think twice about making such nasty, libelous claims about someone.

I have a strong feeling that it's not Ben who is the "state propagandist". It's someone else. And the state is not the US.

Last edited by spectator11040; 08-10-2018 at 03:53 PM..

Old 08-10-2018, 03:21 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,442,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
Secondly, please PROVIDE SOURCES FOR THE THREE ACCUSATIONS you made here.

I have a strong feeling that it's not Ben who is the "state propagandist". It's someone else. And the state is not the US.
Read my previous posts on this thread, all your questions will be answered. Ben is a coward, and a sick POS.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:24 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I agree we need to get rid of insurance companies. I've argued that for years. Urgent Care is not going to treat your cancer. Your heart blockage. People are not going to be paying out of pocket for any of that.
You are still not understanding.

Cash transaction = urgent care charged $150 = what urgent care received, paid at time of visit

Bill to insurance = urgent care charged $468 = what urgent care received, what insurer paid > insurance billed me for balance owed to insurer

So yes. They urgent care center got $468 for the visit when they FIRST billed the insurer.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:26 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,442,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
I'm convinced that those in this thread that are nasty to Shapiro haven't listened to him and just pick up their talking points from the fringe of the left. He's not some lunatic. He is a conservative who is critiques Trump's rhetoric (I mention that only because it seems like everything revolves around him these days), and comes down on the hard right in addition to his base criticism of the hard left. However, he is always civil to those who wish to discuss policy without making personal (and baseless) attacks. He welcomes discussions with left leaning politicians and commentators. I think all you can ask for is for someone to be authentic, and Shapiro is that.
He is far right. Wanting to completely displace the Palestinians and calling them all savages is further to the right than Netanyahu. Wanting MORE people in federal prisons is further to the right than many government propagandist would like to go. Support war crimes in Central America and The Middle East isn’t moderate by any standards. Laughing at the death of a million people isn’t normal.

And he has no honest intentions, he things people who don’t agree with his far right state capitalism are immoral and “evil”, terms he uses repeatedly (leftists are this, leftists are that). And he has no good intentions in debating, he just talks fast, misconstrues facts, and gets rewarded by his base. The man is a repulsive human being.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You are still not understanding.

Cash transaction = urgent care charged $150 = what urgent care received, paid at time of visit

Bill to insurance = urgent care charged $468 = what urgent care received, what insurer paid > insurance billed me for balance owed to insurer

So yes. They urgent care center got $468 for the visit when they FIRST billed the insurer.
No they didn't.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:45 PM

719 posts, read 357,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
Secondly, please PROVIDE SOURCES FOR THE THREE ACCUSATIONS you made here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Read my previous posts on this thread, all your questions will be answered. Ben is a coward, and a sick POS.

Why do you want me to wade through 246 posts?????? What are you afraid of?

My requests of you were very simple.

1) in one or two words, tell us who "your people" are.

2) Surely you have the sources to back up your accusations. Or do you?

It's not Ben who is the coward, it's YOU. And it's not Ben who is the "sick POS", it's....

Old 08-10-2018, 03:54 PM

299 posts, read 255,892 times
I don't agree with his views, but I think Ben is very smart and he would most likely crush her in a debate. I read somewhere recently that he also offered Bernie Sanders $50k to debate and that I would like to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies