Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 08:17 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,464,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Hogg is a kid being used by the left for the emotional value.
Shapiro is a man who uses facts, reason, and logic.
That’s just how he is marketed to you, so the same product can seem different to the costumers.

Let me ask you a question then since we can go on like this forever, was it a sign of maturity when Shapiro consistently makes fun of the Iran-Iraq war, wishing both sides would have lost, a war which his favorite president backed and over a million people died?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 08:43 AM

37,961 posts, read 17,937,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
That’s just how he is marketed to you, so the same product can seem different to the costumers.
lol not even a good try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Let me ask you a question then since we can go on like this forever, was it a sign of maturity when Shapiro consistently makes fun of the Iran-Iraq war, wishing both sides would have lost, a war which his favorite president backed and over a million people died?
Foreign policy is where I differ from him. He's into NATO and protecting Israel. I'm a non interventionist.
I've never heard him once say he wishes both sides would have lost. Granted I've only been listening to him for a couple of years and wouldn't really care if he did say that since it's always about policy and that's what he discusses.

I also don't remember Shapiro playing the emotional angle which is what children and immature adults do. It's what the left did with Hogg and that other teen. Trotting out children right after suffering a tragedy is sleazy.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:50 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoni View Post
Really, a conservative relative talks about Shapiro like he is some type of child prodigy wunderkind. I guess to the typical old white male Trump supporter, someone in their 30s is very young. Does he just shout right wing talking points like Tomi Lahren?
Why don't you listen and form your own opinion?

Old 08-09-2018, 08:55 AM

52,940 posts, read 34,785,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoni View Post
Really, a conservative relative talks about Shapiro like he is some type of child prodigy wunderkind. I guess to the typical old white male Trump supporter, someone in their 30s is very young. Does he just shout right wing talking points like Tomi Lahren?
you called him a 'teen activist'

i guess to the typical wet-behind-the-ears young minority TDS-afflicted, judging ages is hard.

shapiro would absolutely annihilate AOC in any debate.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
lol not even a good try

Foreign policy is where I differ from him. He's into NATO and protecting Israel. I'm a non interventionist.
I've never heard him once say he wishes both sides would have lost. Granted I've only been listening to him for a couple of years and wouldn't really care if he did say that since it's always about policy and that's what he discusses.

I also don't remember Shapiro playing the emotional angle which is what children and immature adults do. It's what the left did with Hogg and that other teen. Trotting out children right after suffering a tragedy is sleazy.
1. It is, Shapiro is no different Buckley and the dozens of commentators who came before him

2. Shapiro is an emotional man, he believes everyone must support the state, that takes an incredible amount of faith and an emotional connection to the subject matter to sustain.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:40 PM

435 posts, read 176,985 times
Quote:
No he wouldn't. You just made that up because I made you look silly for posting rubbish

There are not facts behind Marxism working.
I believe that you believe you could beat Ben Shapiro in a debate, and that you said something profound in just repeating what Ben Shapiro says. It however was not the case in anyone's eyes but your own. You debating Ben Shapiro on any issue, no matter what position he was given, would be like a father playing 'why are you hitting yourself' with his kid.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:43 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,039,535 times
Shapiro vs. Ocasio-Cortez?

It would be a Godzilla vs. Bambi rematch, with the exact same result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s3UogfAGg0

Old 08-09-2018, 02:40 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,410,362 times
A disingenuous Neocon gatekeeper and a Communist debating. I can't think of anything more politically irrelevant.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Shapiro vs. Ocasio-Cortez?

It would be a Godzilla vs. Bambi rematch, with the exact same result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s3UogfAGg0
Yeah, Ben is Godzilla, just like the latter, he loves butchering innocence. Have you seen his rhetoric on the war in Iraq, or his comments on Reagan’s illegal wars, or how he doesn’t see Palestinians as worthy of life: https://www.creators.com/read/ben-sh...rab-population

Old 08-09-2018, 03:01 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,292,384 times
The topic is ridiculous. Candidates for political office are under no obligation to debate any media gadfly who tries to promote themselves in this manner. And it says nothing other than the fact that she's paying attention to politics, not to the RWNJ blogosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies