Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 01:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How laughably ironic to see supporters of a serial adulterer, one whose first wife accused him of rape and a man who spends lots of $$$ covering his philandering tracks, getting all cackly about a picture of Bill Clinton labeled as 'husband'.

The hypocrisy of the RW is truly its most enduring and consistent 'quality'.
accusing someone of rape does not make it true. And what is a serial adulterer? I have never heard that before? Of course he has a reputation for straying just like a few others we could all name that are certainly not connected to the GOP. In fact when Trump was sleeping around he was still a democrat or is that something you choose to forget? I also think I would be careful about talking about who was accused of rape or have you forgotten about Billy's girls?

I think it is safe to say, both sides have their less than perfect members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 02:03 PM

532 posts, read 446,608 times
I'm unaffiliated and I am the most confused

Old 08-10-2018, 02:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Kaitlyn is a Republican.

And, Republicans thought Trump was qualified to run a country when he's barely qualified to run a circle around the birdbath on the East Lawn, so I don't think anyone can hold their head high and claim not to be confused, comrade.
Yes she is, you are right but I don't think she is or should be an issue on who is confused. Maybe I have trouble understanding sex change and maybe others do, but this doesn't have anything to do with any of this conversation and it shouldn't. I know OP brought it up, and it might have been best mentioned

Old 08-10-2018, 02:05 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Kaitlyn is a Republican.

And, Republicans thought Trump was qualified to run a country when he's barely qualified to run a circle around the birdbath on the East Lawn, so I don't think anyone can hold their head high and claim not to be confused, comrade.
And yet he's gotten more positive things done in a shorter period of time than so called expert career politicians. 65% of his agenda as of a couple of momths ago according to at least one survey.

Trump has blown the politicians' cover that only very special people like them can run the country.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Rather like being asked if being flayed or being scourged is better.
Bwhahahahahahahahaaaahhh!

Old 08-10-2018, 02:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Kaitlyn is a Republican.

Republicans are still calling him Bruce.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:15 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
That is a funny grouping of "mug shots" and we could add a photo of groups like BLM and ANTIFA that the Dems call activists but the rest of us call hoodlum thug terrorists.

How about that there are still people on the Left that will say "Trump is not my President" Ok then who is? The last I checked if you are an American then Trump is your President.

More confusion from the Left comes from the border where the illegal alien "asylum seekers" are treated better by the Dems than American citizens that are facing the exact same persecution from gangs and fear of death by living in their dangerous inner city neighborhoods yet the Dems don't care about them and they can vote.

The Dems are really confused.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:26 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The right base isn't confused. They have knowingly jettisoned any fig leaf of family values, fiscal prudence, or reasonable self-awareness in favor of a Trump cult of personality and enrichment of the donor class.

The left base is probably more confused because other than being anti-Trump, Democrats have not come up with a coherent platform on which to base their candidacies.

Eventually, the right base will probably be confused when they wake up and notice they are the minority, have no viable socio-economics prospects or safety net, and have been robbed blind by a Guilded class hell-bent on increasing the Gini Coefficient to their own great benefit. "How did I get here?" they will ask.

At that point, the Democrats still probably will not have not come up with a coherent platform on which to base their candidacies.

That hits the nail on the head. There is also the problem that most progressive platforms are not the types of things that really fire people up and bring out the voters. "Live and let live," or "Don't be a bigoted, theocratic hypocrite" are good rules to live by, but they won't fire up the base like the ignorant venom the far-right spews about hating: gays, Muslims, brown people, the poor, and so on. Hatred sells and gets votes out, even though it is a terrible way to run a nation - both concepts are illustrated in the successful election of Trump on a platform of hatred and the laughably horrible governance that is now coming from his "leadership."

Old 08-10-2018, 03:27 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
How about that there are still people on the Left that will say "Trump is not my President" Ok then who is? The last I checked if you are an American then Trump is your President.
Oh, please. Righties mouthed off all the time about how "Obama isn't my president" - you don't get to turn it around when progressives are just giving you the same treatment back in your face. Just more right-wing hypocrisy and double-standards. At least they aren't confused about those two things being a core part of their platform.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:29 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haha

That picture, as accurate as it is, is going to trigger them for sure.

Democrats, overwhelmingly, can't stand to look at the leaders of their party. (but they don't want anyone else to know that)
And anyone in that picture would be a better leader than Trump. Pretty much says it all.

/end thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies