Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 06:32 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Its long been my favorite beer but I'm liking it even more now.

The virtue signaling for non citizens of the self-loathing liberals is my Bat Signal to continue supporting my free choice. Nothing goes better with freedom than a good Sam Adams Lager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 10:02 PM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The owner talked about the foreign tax rates of competitors and his being more level now....and the mayor rails about him supporting the "white nationalist agenda".

Wow. That's one heckuva stretch.

I guess we should all disagree with every single thing done by the Trump administration or we're racists lol, and our businesses should be boycotted.

Looks like ANTIFA should have a new target in this mayor.
They’re doing that to a Houston area restaurant because the owner posted a photo with Jeff Sessions. His grandmother, Ninfa Laurenzo, put tacos al carbon and fajitas on the map. You would have never heard of them if not for her. She was an immigrant that built a thriving restaurant business. They have employees that have been with them for over thirty years. Many who have been with them 10-20 years. There is almost no turnover, which is practically unheard of in the restaurant business. And now because of a photo and being a good host to the Attorney General of the United States her grandson is getting his business boycotted and death threats to his family.

Since when did this behavior become acceptable? We can no longer go to an establishment because we hate their politics? This is un-American. I’m getting so sick of these tactics.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:27 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

As long as they don't take the tax cut then move operations overseas (like Harley-Davidson) I don't have a problem with it.
Personally, I stopped buying from that company when the owner was on a 'morning, shock-jock' radio show that was airing a couple having sex in the confessional of a Catholic Church. He should have excused himself from that program so I excused myself from his company.
Is this what the left has come to?

1 person said they won't drink a brand of beer. WHOODI-DO!

What else would you expect a liberal dem to do?

Does anyone REALLY think this "news" worth reporting on?

Old 08-15-2018, 06:13 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,346,267 times
I thought they were in JP at the old Heffenreffer (the green death) brewery?

My only criteria to buy Sam Adams is how well do they treat their employees. Good wage? benefits?
Otherwise, I'll continue my boycott, not for the Trump thing for the radio show thing.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:07 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
That Somerville mayor is an idiot. And I am tired of Democratic politicians pandering to their minority voters by being so pro-actively anti-Trump. No one cared about Jim Koch's dinner with the president until the Somerville mayor tweeted about it. No one cares even now about who has dinner with Trump.

I enjoy the Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer and also their Rebel IPA (because it's a mild one). I really don't drink all that much, but I suppose now I will make a point by buying their product.

Dems are being such bullies and @ssholes since Trump got elected. Therefore, they have lost my votes forever.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:25 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

The virtue signaling for non citizens of the self-loathing liberals is my Bat Signal to continue supporting my free choice. Nothing goes better with freedom than a good Sam Adams Lager.
This!

Old 08-15-2018, 07:26 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Haha!! Sam Adams beer aka Freedom Beer!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies