Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 11:27 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Suspended May 1st, 2017 (6 months after the election if you didn't catch that)....by bureaucrats serving in the Trump administration. Do you not see how this is a little different than the President revoking security clearances of high level officials that are his enemies? You have no shame.
It is an interesting article - they got rid of the guy that noticed that Stepan Halper (now connected to the Dirty Dossier & RUSSIA-RUSSIA-RUSSIA Democrat led "collusion"/GPS) was getting paid Mega Bucks and nobody knew what for. He discovered all this in 2016 when Fusion GPS was ramping up.

They had to get rid of him and do it before President Trump knew what was going on.
Wonder whatever happened to all of this - 4 lawsuits pending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 11:32 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,332 times
Ok, now we're up to TWO counts of obstruction of justice. Plus criminal conspiracy. And likely plenty more that Mueller hasn't told us about yet.

Great Job Trumpy-Bear

Old 08-16-2018, 11:35 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
We can no longer accept the all talk no action of the status quo.
Wall?
Trumpcare?
End to ISIS?
MAGA?

Does this mean you'll vote D in 2020?

Old 08-16-2018, 11:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I don't think too many people are "defending" Brennan. I don't think the issue is that his security clearance was revoked, but that it was revoked outside of the normal course of things apparently as retribution for his (perfectly legal) anti-Trump comments.
There are many arguing that his "expertise" should still be available to others. I fully reject that. He should be in prison. There are many arguing the "costs" involved if he was to need his clearance again. The idea that he should ever get one back again should be dismissed by all.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
There should be a policy that automatically revokes both under some circumstances.

Fired should immediately take you off Access.

Voluntarily leaving a job should start a clock on Access, giving you a certain amount of time to obtain another job requiring a similar level or less clearance. Once past that time expiration you have to be vetted again. It won't take as long depending if not a lot of time has passed. I had a Secret Clearance when I was in the USAF in the 70's. Should I still have a clearance? NO. As far as I know it was lifted when I separated.

Someone convicted of committing a Felony or worse should lose eligibility, but be allowed to reapply after a time.

Regardless of whether you still have a clearance or not, you should be subject to being jailed for divulging anything you learned, as long as it is still classified.
"Fired" - gets you walked out by Security and your Access card does not leave with you.
Voluntary Separation - Still "walked" out without Access Card, but you retain Clearance which is either transferred to new employer or suspended up to a year (that also depends on Backlog if they get around to it). SC is usually good for 10 years, TSC reviewed every 5 years. When the review comes around, if the Clearance is not being used - it's not re-up'd - BUT you still have Eligibility to update your file, which never goes away.

Any Felony makes you ineligible Period. Revoke for Cause makes you ineligible PERIOD.
Any person who has, or had a Clearance is bound against discussion anything - Rules are strict.
Just because Rules are strict, doesn't mean people don't break those Rules - which is always foolish.
Normal People go to Jail when they break these Security Rules - "Elite" people thing the Rules don't apply to them.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:51 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Wall?
Trumpcare?
End to ISIS?
MAGA?

Does this mean you'll vote D in 2020?
Wall?......... "D" Don't want a wall and are blocking it.
Trumpcare?..... "D" Don't want that healthcare b/c its not theirs
End to ISIS?...... "D" Bought the BS Obama told them and wanted to drag it out as long as possible
MAGA?........... "D" Don't have any ideas that would "MAGA"

The empty drum makes a lot of noise but I won't be voting for it.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This, besides he may be the first domino to fall wrt the Russia Hoax. I'm not sure yet how Brennan is linked to Harry Reid when he was on Capitol Hill, but I will update here with specifics unless someone else has that info. P.S., you won't be finding it by archiving MSM sources.
You are correct - several articles were written about it.
Brennan went to Harry Reid because the press was refusing to print the GPS Fusion Dirty Dossier and he though Reid could get it done.

Kimberly Strassel - Wall Street Journal wrote one of the better articles.
WSJ is a Pay-Site -- buy I used a cleaner to make it available for reading.

Brennan and the 2016 Spy Scandal
KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL JULY 19, 2018 |WSJ

Another Article - Daily Caller ..... The New York Times also wrote an article, but its a pay site.
I think this is another one of Brennan's Lies to Congress - what he knew, when he knew it.

CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATORS ‘TRYING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM’ OF BRENNAN’S ROLE IN RUSSIA INVESTIGATION |Daily Caller

Old 08-16-2018, 12:02 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
Quote:
Trump revokes former CIA Brennan's security clearance to protect National Security. Brennan failed to act as a professional.

Good move by Trump. Controlling access is an important function of the President.

Brennan has lied and acted unprofessionally after leaving gov. service.

This in no way effects Brennan the citizen's right to say whatever he wants. He has his first amendment fully intact. There is no 1st amendment to blab classified information.

Others are being reviewed and others may be announced in the future.

Announced in the WH briefing today.

President Trump revokes John Brennan's security clearance | On Air Videos | Fox News

There will come a time when a Dem is back in the Oval Office and sanity is restored. Can't wait to see the loony bin cultists cry foul when that leader makes changes and gets us back on track to being America again and not some insignificant banana republic.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Now this is an argument people could make good points on. It would absolutely be legitimate to ask Trump why this is. Both should be gone.

It is a hypocritical action on the part of Trump but in no way should anyone be defending Brennan.
Lot's of Hinky Stuff about the Michael Flynn case ...... including why Mueller won't allow the case to go before a Judge. We don't know that Flynn even has a clearance, it's a certainty he has no Access. IF he is guilty of a Felony - any clearance he might have would be revoked and no eligibility would be allowed.
Remember the 2 components - Access means you participate or get "briefings" and can be read in on programs &/or Intel. A Clearance is basically (for most people ) only used on a "Need to Know".
A few people retain that "Need to Know" - even when they don't need to know. Michael Flynn has no Access to anything & perhaps no Eligibility.

I'm not sure that everyone understands that Top Level Security related Positions in the Federal Government - CIA Director, FBI Director, Sec Defense, Sec State, Presidents, V. Presidents, NSA Directors .... retain Clearances and sometimes Access with Briefings, so they can stay current with their knowledge and experience .... at least that is the accepted protocol.

John Brennan is one of those people .... now its "was".

Old 08-16-2018, 12:08 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Brennan is a proven liar and that serves no one in any party or admin.

Sounds a lot like Trump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies