Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 12:22 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,602,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I feel it's intellectually dishonest to play the blame game when it comes to one side or the other. It's the system that's broken.
And that broken system was designed and installed by DEMOCRATS!

Next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 01:02 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,598,060 times
This is typical of news coverage in the US. Some of the bad stuff comes out long after the perpetrators are gone and their parent companies rescued, made whole, or even enriched by the regulators (even now). Some of it was covered in Bloomberg in 2006 before the financial crisis. On the whole, people who got it were the people who recognized that a bubble was occurring and started to read the news coverage and interpret how it affected the housing market. It is not laid out for you in real-time while the burglars are in the house to apply a metaphor.

And it had nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats. It wasn't Fannie versus the banks.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:20 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,152,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
[I'm] sure your parents never imagine[d] they'd raise a son who [would] destroy the housing market in the richest nation on the planet." "I take exception to the word 'destroy.' I am more comfortable with 'severely damage,'" he replied.
Who is in jail over this?
I don't think they could have destroyed anything if American financial institutions hadn't paved the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies