Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 09:57 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,754,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
Thread title should be...Why is the left trying to ignore what's happening in South africa?
I should’ve asked...Why is the right lying about South Africa?...but I wanted to assume that people were mislead and would change their minds upon hearing the facts. Apparently that doesn’t work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 10:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,249,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Yes, which is exactly why SA wouldn’t make the same mistakes Zim did. They are really close countries culturally so I’m sure SA citizens are well read up on what happened considering the amount of Zimbabwean immigrants in South Africa.
I am confident they will make the same mistake. Idiots don’t learn from history.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:00 AM

19,693 posts, read 12,270,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I like your “better idea.” Just be sure to bring an extra long rope. They’ll need it to lower your casket into the ground.

Right. Whites weren’t killing blacks. I got it.

BTW...who killed Steve Biko?
Must have been a farmer.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:30 AM

1,239 posts, read 511,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I’ve seen so much criticism and attacks of South Africa’s government from right wing media and YouTube channels lately and I don’t get the obsession. Could someone really explain this to me? There’s a lot of misinformation about genocide going on but no evidence. They also don’t talk about the plight of the black majority even though they’re poorer and are more victimized by crime.
Tucker Carlson has made South Africa his main story this week. As soon as the Manafort and Cohen news broke, it's like he forgot that we're in America, other than to cover the murder by the employee of the Republican farm.

It serves 2 purposes: Distract the sheep from the truth, and keep the alt-right and other racists engaged.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:35 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,979,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Again, you guys are only upset that the hunter no longer has his gun. It fell into the hands of his prey.
Pretty disgusting to demonize small children who happens to be white as "hunters" who have murdered their "prey". Why not just condemn these horrific racist attacks instead of trying to justify it? Do you have the same attitudes towards people of white skin color in America? If they get tortured and murdered, they "had it coming" because they are evil "hunters"?

Old 08-24-2018, 10:36 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,326,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Tucker Carlson has made South Africa his main story this week. As soon as the Manafort and Cohen news broke, it's like he forgot that we're in America, other than to cover the murder by the employee of the Republican farm.

It serves 2 purposes: Distract the sheep from the truth, and keep the alt-right and other racists engaged.
Exactly and South African officials have fought back, claiming the story is mostly made up bull crap that's been pushed by Alt-right groups for years.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Exactly and South African officials have fought back, claiming the story is mostly made up bull crap that's been pushed by Alt-right groups for years.
Why do you trust SA officials? The party in charge is as corrupt as it gets and have been using racist rhetoric to gain support for years.

Targeting a vulnerable minority makes perfect sense. It does not make sense to completely exterminate that minority though, because the minority serves an important role as a scapegoat to be used as a distraction from the corruption and sleaze going on in the ruling party.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:48 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,308,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Why do you trust SA officials? The party in charge is as corrupt as it gets and have been using racist rhetoric to gain support for years.

Targeting a vulnerable minority makes perfect sense. It does not make sense to completely exterminate that minority though, because the minority serves an important role as a scapegoat to be used as a distraction from the corruption and sleaze going on in the ruling party.
Sorry, were you talking about South Africa, or the current US government? I genuinely can't tell.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Sorry, were you talking about South Africa, or the current US government? I genuinely can't tell.
OK, so you think the current US government is racist, but why would you defend the South African government which is far worse? I dont get it. We dont have hundreds of thousands of horrific torture murders in the US every year where the victims are targeted because of their skin color.

The whites in SA serves the same role as the Jews did in Europe for centuries. Its not in the interest of the corrupt elites to wipe them out completely.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:02 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,308,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
OK, so you think the current US government is racist, but why would you defend the South African government which is far worse? I dont get it. We dont have hundreds of thousands of horrific torture murders in the US every year where the victims are targeted because of their skin color.

The whites in SA serves the same role as the Jews did in Europe for centuries. Its not in the interest of the corrupt elites to wipe them out completely.
South Africa does not have hundreds of thousands of murders of any kind each year either. I get you have an agenda, but at least pretend to have some facts.

17,250 murders in the US in 2016, 19,016 in South Africa.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-by-state/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_South_Africa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies