Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 05:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So Juvenile. Your quips are no different then the people you insult Highly unlikely you are old or a gringo
Trumplings...

Always trying to make ME the topic.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Carry on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 05:39 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
It is a proven fact that Soviet Russia infiltrated our academia, media, and our very governance throughout the 20th century. The effects are right before our eyes.

The fall of the USSR in the early 90's ended that infiltration. What we see today here in blaming Russia for Trump is an amazing example of full circle failure of communism.

We are witnessing the healing today of the damage that was done. That's right, MAGA!

The Reality of Red Subversion, by Stephen J. Sniegoski - The Unz Review
The Reality of Red Subversion
The Recent Confirmation of Soviet Espionage in America
Stephen J. Sniegoski

Today our entire Corporate Media is shrilly proclaiming—on the basis of absolutely no public evidence—that Christian Russia is on the verge of subverting and seizing control of the American government via the election of Donald Trump. It is therefore highly ironic that in the past all of these same media organs had viciously attacked and ridiculed those who presented the strong evidence that Communist Russia actually did come close to subverting and seizing control of the American government during the 1930s and 1940s, never fully acknowledging their grievous error.

The massive documentation behind this undeniable historical fact has been provided across numerous scholarly books, but much of it is helpfully summarized in this monograph by Dr. Stephen Sniegoski, which is therefore worth republishing.

"...According to what until recently has passed as conventional wisdom for the liberal establishment, America in the late 1940s and early 1950s was gripped by a terrible Red scare, a period of anti-Communist hysteria and witch hunts. Malicious “red-baiters” slandered innocent liberals as Communists in order to destroy the reforms of the New Deal and impede peace with the Soviet Union. At most, some of the more “anti-Communist” liberals would concede that there may have been a few Communist subversives, but nothing to justify the terrible anti-Communist overreaction, above all the antics of the demagogic Joe McCarthy. From the 1960s through the 1980s, one of the strongest taboos in American political discourse was the subject of Soviet influence within the United States.

During the 1990s, the release of the Venona documents (see p. 49) by the U.S. government and the partial opening of the Soviet archives forced establishment minds to a reconsideration. Yes, Virginia, there really were Communist spies in the United States during the so-called “McCarthy era.” In fact, it now appears that even the slandered and smeared “red-baiters” of the period were unaware of just how far Soviet Communist subversion had penetrated. It must be added that even during the period of the so-called “witch hunt” there was more than enough evidence to prove the reality of Soviet Communist spying to any objective person. But, of course, if one is going to pass for an “educated,” “respectable” person, objective thinking must be eschewed—it’s simply not a Darwinian survival trait in modern America.

From Lenin onward Soviet Communist leaders have preached the necessity of underground activities, with foreign governments the key target for infiltration. The evidence for this from many countries is overwhelming. Communists in government engaged in espionage and acted to influence policy in a pro-Soviet direction. Many of the individuals engaged in these activities were Communist Party members; others were fellow travelers, who despite their lack of party discipline, sought to advance the interests of Soviet Communism..."

So now TODAY, the affected prog~bot libs are crying about Russia, Russia, Russia, all while ignoring that it was Russia that twisted their minds not all that long ago. The good news is that the soviets fell in Russia in the early 1990's, but the damage they did runs DEEP in the form of the American progressive left.

Time to WAKE UP, and SHAKE IT OFF!

Old 08-25-2018, 05:46 AM

^^^

Trumplings...

Claiming to be concerned over communism while they see Putin as an ally and Russia as a white christian nation that stands with us in the war on terror, even though they support Iran and Syria.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
^^^

Trumplings...

Claiming to be concerned over communism while they see Putin as an ally and Russia as a white christian nation that stands with us in the war on terror, even though they support Iran and Syria.

Woooosh right over you head compadre!

Old 08-25-2018, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Woooosh right over you head compadre!
Clearly, you missed that I was tying your historical anti-communism to the current Russophile stance of the GOP.

You know, compare and contrast.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Clearly, you missed that I was tying your historical anti-communism to the current Russophile stance of the GOP.

You know, compare and contrast.

You leftists only see and refer to short sighted notions. The soviets infiltrated our institutions for nearly a century, and that created the American progressive left (YOU) that are now crying TREASON over the election of Trump.

Here, let Yuri explain it to you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peywCg40Ye8

Old 08-25-2018, 06:22 AM

Talking Deflection fail

Quote:
You leftists only see and refer to short sighted notions. The soviets infiltrated our institutions for nearly a century, and that created the American progressive left (YOU) that are now crying TREASON over the election of Trump.

Here, let Yuri explain it to you...

So amusing.

Pubs still groveling at tRump's filthy feet, trying to turn back the clock decades to justify their approval of Russia in today's context.

Maybe there's more to this "red states" moniker than a mere coincidence.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:26 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
A former Charlotte, NC radio host opines about the death of another former Charlotte, NC radio host. A little background -- both worked at WBT Radio, though not at the same time. One was a liberal and the other leaned more right but was probably more libertarian than conservative. Jerry Klein was the liberal and he recently lost his battle to cancer. Keith Larson is the writer f this op/ed to the local paper.

Here, of course, from the safety of our keyboards and phones secure in our homes or elsewhere, folks love to namecall. Both sides are accused of hating America and even worse.

Larson included a quote from Klein several years ago to conclude the op/ed --

There shuld be more discussion on this board and less namecalling. I assure you we all love America including if our views don't align with yours.

Jerry Klein: Charlotte liberal, political lightning rod dies | Charlotte Observer
I work with a lot of people who vote Republican.... at work, "we are all just people working". We talk about life and the challenges, we talk about everything and find that we have so many things in common, including concerns about work and doing it well. We laugh and we even talk about 'values' and even in many of those values we seem to hold commonality in a great many things. We don't like crime, and we don't like criminal minded and criminal acting people. We talk about those who steal and kill, and we don't like that either.
We talk about the past, and things we did not like, we talk about cars, motorcycles, and we talk about the beauty of having a home in the country, about having a nice home in a well kept community, we talk about people littering the streets, and we talk about what ever subject that comes up. We are not very different.

We talk about people who use public assistance, and we talk about the abusers and we talk about the people whom it benefits and they make the best beneficial usage of it to help improve their lives.
We talk about health care, the cost and the areas where it needs improvements, and we talk about politicians who stonewall bills that help society, and we talk about crooked politicians.

We share information, and we talk about the information that we did not know, when one or the other puts a subject on the table.

I've talked to many republican white people that I know, about race and the history of racial things, some have told me how they have family members who can't seem to get over racism, and they talk about family members who are lazy, who are going down the wrong path, and we talk about the challenges of those who we have to let find their own way, rather than continuing to help them at every turn when they are not doing all they can to help themselves. We sometimes laugh, and say "heck, every family seems to have one" who is lazy and going down the wrong path.
We talk about getting older and the ache's and pains, and we laugh about the early morning slow pace as we get older, until we get our morning coffee.

I will help them with anything I can and we do help each other at work with what ever we can.
I've seen some of those who are white and republican go the extra mile to help black people who come for some aspect of their personal business. and I've seen some of the black who are democrats help white people who come for some aspect of their personal business.

I write about a lot of stuff on here, because its such a shame how so much goes out the window when it comes to which political party a person stand with.

My theme is simple, we need to learn from the past, and we will not get the better world until we use what we can learn about our societies historical past, as well as our personal past and work toward being better people. We will be far better as a society, when we think in terms of equality of individual as person, and appreciate the multicultural make up of our society.

Everyone is not going to just "buddy buddy" like each other, but that should not stop us from trying to be better people within and of ourselves.

Quote:
I have black and white and other ethnic people who come to my office with concerns and issues to be addressed, I don't deal with what their skin color is or their ethnicity or what community culture they come from, and certainly don't deal with what political party I think they support. I deal with the issue and concern that is to be addressed, and I treat everyone with fairness and respect as an Individual. At the end of the day, I have to live with being the person I want to be. I am not going to insult myself by being biased, because I am not going to go home at the end of the day with any thought or feeling that I was biased or prejudiced against anyone, and I certainly won't let any bias of prejudice or political ideal become to have any influence in whom I am responsible to provide assistance. I'm fully aware that I am responsible to be a good person in and of myself because that is what I want to be.
Anyone can go and read anything I've previously written, they are sure to find one common theme, and that is "to address the things we need to address to find means and ways of unity", because our future is tied to the works we can do within ourselves and in our living to find ways to pursue and gain unity;. Including, learning the real history, facing the hard truths about it, and about ourselves, and working to find ways to improve in all such things. I think the continual pursuit to get information, gain knowledge, that we can learn the truths, that help us move forward.... in living as being a honest person.

I have no issue or problem with talking about the bitter things of life, the past and the present, because it is only buy and through such, that we can mix the bitter with what we think is sweetness of truth to make palatable the ways forward.... I don't mind the work of doing so... because I know, the only work that is truly hard, is the work one does not want to do.

I tell people often at work... there is always someone layed up and incapacitated, who'd love to have our worst work day challenge, or our worst days challenge of nearly any sort, if only they could have their incapacitated condition removed. We are blessed and we should want to live to be a blessing in giving and sharing what we come to learn, to know and have gained wisdom to understand... We only live once!!!!

Old 08-25-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
So amusing.

Pubs still groveling at tRump's filthy feet, trying to turn back the clock decades to justify their approval of Russia in today's context.

Maybe there's more to this "red states" moniker than a mere coincidence.

You are too far gone, and old, to rid yourself of soviet contamination. Oh well.

No me jodas mas.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:31 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
You are incorrect. Libertarians agree with the right on somethings and the left on others. In general libertarians oppose any measure that restricts people from doing or not doing whatever they want as long as they are not depriving someone else of their life/health, liberty, or property.

Socially liberal and fiscally conservative.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies