Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 06:42 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Anyone here believe he'll still be AG at the end of the year? Looks like Sen Graham provided Trump with political cover:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1L821I

I think Trump will have to fire both Rosenstein and Sessions, since if Sessions goes Rosenstein will be acting AG. My guess is November of this year both will go. This means the Mueller investigation will be run by a new AG and probably wrapped up shortly after the new AG takes office.
If Trump makes this serious blunder to shut down the investigation, I hope he does it just before the November ballot. That would be sweet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 06:47 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't know how anyone can have so little self-respect to stay in that position and listen to Trump constantly humiliate and disrespect him in public. Maybe he was constantly bullied as a kid, and somehow got used to it.

To be honest I don't know how anyone would stay in such poisonous environment.
He’s probably staying as long as possible to make sure his successor doesn’t shut down the investigation. As much as I dislike Sessions, it would not be a good thing if he left right now.

That said, I wouldn’t blame Sessions if he did leave on his own accord. Anybody would have to be nuts to work for Trump after seeing the way he treats people and throws temper tantrums. Trump is the biggest snowflake on the planet.

Even Dubya’s administration looks peachy by comparison.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
He’s probably staying as long as possible to make sure his successor doesn’t shut down the investigation.
Could be. Maybe he stays so he can use the position to take revenge on Trump.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:53 AM
exm exm started this thread

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If Trump makes this serious blunder to shut down the investigation, I hope he does it just before the November ballot. That would be sweet!

Not shutdown, but limit the scope. The current runaway train of looking into campaign violations and hush money has NOTHING to do with the initial scope of the SC. I understand Trump-haters love these stories, but it was never the intend when the SC was appointed. The intend was to look into Russia collusion with the 2016 election, period.

When Sessions recused, deep state operative Rosenstein gave Mueller unlimited authority. Sessions can easily step-in since the Cohen/campaign violation has nothing to do with his Russia recusal. He is not stepping in.

Trump has all the right to state he has lost his trust in his AG and to replace him. Several GOP senators have backed this if he waits until AFTER the mid-terms. So a new AG will step in, and tell Mueller to wrap up his *RUSSIA COLLUSION* report. THAT was what Mueller was supposed to investigate.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:57 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Anyone here believe he'll still be AG at the end of the year? Looks like Sen Graham provided Trump with political cover:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1L821I

I think Trump will have to fire both Rosenstein and Sessions, since if Sessions goes Rosenstein will be acting AG. My guess is November of this year both will go. This means the Mueller investigation will be run by a new AG and probably wrapped up shortly after the new AG takes office.

The "Confederate General" Sessions should have never been appointed Attorney General. Just because you endorse someone, doesn't qualify you for a Cabinet position.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:02 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Who would replace Sessions?
Some blatant Trump toadie, with loyalty to Trump not the Constitution, and with a directive to shut down all investigations into Trump?
AG has to be confirmed by the Senate.
Rudy will be the next AG. Hillary better get her passport ready. She will be "Target #1".

Old 08-24-2018, 08:19 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Not shutdown, but limit the scope. The current runaway train of looking into campaign violations and hush money has NOTHING to do with the initial scope of the SC. I understand Trump-haters love these stories, but it was never the intend when the SC was appointed. The intend was to look into Russia collusion with the 2016 election, period.
Where did you get that idea? Mueller never made that statement. It has always been the duty of a prosecutor to investigate crimes at every level and to follow the leads where they take him.

In fact the opposite was true; the Russian agreement was an important investigation in the beginning, but in a way became less important once the true extent of Trump's campaign corruption was uncovered. Mueller is doing exactly what he is supposed to do - bring lawbreakers to justice.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:15 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump seems to forget that he works for us. He gets rid of anyone who is disloyal to HIM. This is not how our democracy works. Do we want our country to turn into a dictatorship. I'm sure Trump would since he admires Putin and Kim Jong Un.
It's exactly how it works cupcake. Trump is his boss, he can fire whoever the hell he wants to.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:35 AM
exm exm started this thread

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Where did you get that idea? Mueller never made that statement. It has always been the duty of a prosecutor to investigate crimes at every level and to follow the leads where they take him.

In fact the opposite was true; the Russian agreement was an important investigation in the beginning, but in a way became less important once the true extent of Trump's campaign corruption was uncovered. Mueller is doing exactly what he is supposed to do - bring lawbreakers to justice.

FROM: Rod J. Rosenstem Acting Attorney General TO: Robert S. Mueller. Special Counsel RE: The Scope of Investigation and Definition of Authority On May l7, 2017I 7. I issued an order entitled "Appointment of Special Counsel to Investigate Russian Interference with the 2016 Presidential Election and Related Matters." appointing you to serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice. Order No. 39I5-2017 (the Order). The Order authorized you to conduct he investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20. 2017. including: (I any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:11 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
If you think Loretta Lynch was an impartial AG, then you might want to reconsider who is “brainless”.
Did I say she was?

I would like to now give you a lesson in basic logic: Two things can be true at the same time.

Did you know that? It can be possible that Loretta sucked and that Trump wants to turn the AG and Justice Department into a rubber-stamping robot machine that politicizes judicial processes and outcomes in his favor. Loretta is not on thr stage now, but Trump is.

This is why whining about "but Hillary / but Barack / but Loretta," etc. is a weak rebuttal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies