Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 07:08 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

I thought there was enough negative Trump news this week that there was no need to bring up something as ridiculous as Melania's interior design choices?

Of course the NYT had to headline the drivel with the words "chaotic white house". and portray Trump as a tyrant that won't even allow his wife to place a couple of chairs.

The negative prodding by the anti Trumpers is never ending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 07:14 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
There is a great deal of mystery about the true identity of "Rogue Melania" on Twitter, but it's one of the more entertaining aspects of this debacle of an administration and often provides hilariously skewered insights to current events.

Check it out. It wouldn't surprise me if "Rogue Melania" soon has something to say about the furniture debacle ( sounds to me as if neither style is appropriate for the White House).

Old 08-24-2018, 07:20 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The left really does hate diversity.
Boy, you're really reaching ... again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
NSpare us the deflection I didn't mention either FLOTUS
In case you hadn't noticed, the First Lady is what this thread is about.

back at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Moochelle Obama never possessed the dignity to be the First Lady. She imagined herself as more of a tyrannical queen and us as her lowly peasants.
Wow, and then the Trumpettes complain when someone mentions the current First Lady in a negative light. You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I thought there was enough negative Trump news this week that there was no need to bring up something as ridiculous as Melania's interior design choices?

Of course the NYT had to headline the drivel with the words "chaotic white house". and portray Trump as a tyrant that won't even allow his wife to place a couple of chairs.

The negative prodding by the anti Trumpers is never ending.
Of course, if you had any notion of history at all, you'd be aware that the interior design and fashion choices of the First Lady have always been under scrutiny, from Martha Washington to the present. Why should Mrs. Trump be an exception?

Old 08-24-2018, 07:27 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I've never understood why Mrs. Obama is called "Moochelle" by her haters. I guess i don't get the reference? At first I thought the "Moo" was like the sound a cow makes, so they were calling her a cow? But that seemed too childish and banal for even the most simple-minded posters, so I assume I'm missing something.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:34 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I happen to like the FLOTUS and think she’s the only decent thing about tnis Administration. She’s beautiful, elegant and comports herself very nicely.

But you guys denigrated Michelle Obama at every turn. It was personal,not political. So please, spare me the outrage.
True.

I've always thought those that take cheap shots at the presidents wife, kids etc. are just more defining the posters own low character and rabid bias than anything.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:35 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I've never understood why Mrs. Obama is called "Moochelle" by her haters. I guess i don't get the reference? At first I thought the "Moo" was like the sound a cow makes, so they were calling her a cow? But that seemed too childish and banal for even the most simple-minded posters, so I assume I'm missing something.
Never underestimate the childishness and insanity of partisan politics.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:39 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
If she likes clean and modern, why is the married to old and flabby?

Old 08-24-2018, 07:51 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Melania is always going to be an enigma. For sure, she is not, nor will ever be anything like the Moms Next Door that all our former First Ladies have been all my life.

But I do admire her inscrutability and her avoidance of attention. I don't think she's shy very often, like some of the other First Ladies who chose to remain very private; I think she simply found herself in an uncomfortable roll she never signed up for, and is making the best of it in the ways that most fit her nature.

I think there will be lots of books written about her after the Trump's days in the White House are over, but none of them by her hand. At the same time, I was never sure of who the infamous message on the back of her jacket- "I don't care. Do U?" was intended for. Or even if it was intended for anyone at all, but I doubt that- I think it could have been aimed at her husband, or at his staff, or at all the folks who want her to be like some First Lady of the past.
Could it be she really just doesn't give a damn about anything much?

Who knows? Like everything else about her, it was a message that was enigmatic, inscrutable, and could be interpreted about any way any one wants. It's clear to me Melania likes it like that about most things.
I don't find her to be enigmatic at all. IMO, it's clear that she signed on with an airtight prenup (regardless of the fact that trump has had crappy lawyers) and has done what she needed to do to stay within the confines of the agreement up to and including publicly admitting to being a birther herself just like her grifter hubby. Maybe there was an amendment added when he threw his hat into the political ring so that she would go through the motions of being a dutiful FLOTUS. She knew exactly what she was getting when she agreed to marry this fraud and philanderer and obviously felt it was worth it in order to guarantee her financial future and that of her parents. She might not be a criminal as is the family she made a choice to get into bed with but she is every bit the opportunist that weighed her options but still decided to board the Trump train.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-24-2018 at 08:14 AM..

Old 08-24-2018, 08:01 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Of course, if you had any notion of history at all, you'd be aware that the interior design and fashion choices of the First Lady have always been under scrutiny, from Martha Washington to the present. Why should Mrs. Trump be an exception?
There were constant stories about Jackie Kennedy refurbishing the White House. I believe she was behind the design and development of the Rose Garden as well. Lots of news coverage of that.

Even though most First Ladies have causes they promote, Michele Obama's Let's Move program and healthy nutrition for kids, Laura Bush focused on literacy and education, etc. their decorating style was always a matter of public interest.

I remember reading about how Laura Bush decided on the rug for the Oval Office.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:15 AM

10,762 posts, read 4,346,172 times
There is nothing worse than a man being owned by his wife.
I knew Trump would never let that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies