Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2018, 07:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,842,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yeah, that one's a crook too.
I don’t know.

My point was and remains, when the evidence is inadequate to support charges, there are no charges.

Rick Scott initially denied the largest healthcare system with 340 hospitals and 550 home healthcare agencies, had committed fraud. When that did not work, he said something along the lines of all hospitals do it and blamed other people who worked for him. Then he resigned with a huge package.

This history did not prevent him from being elected Governor and now running for the Senate.

There is no question he was CEO and presided over the organization that committed massive fraud and eventually agreed to “ settle” the matter with a $1. 7 billion in fines. He was not indicted and at the end of the day, no officer or employee went to prison.

A 7 year Special Counsel investigation of the Clintons expanded to include a whole lot of things unrelated to Whitewater. Republicans in Congress were obsessed with impeachment. And in the end, the evidence was not adequate to charge the Clintons with a crime.

There was no 24/7 cable news, internet was immature and social media did not exist. In the end Clinton perjured himself about a consensual affair with an aide. The House impeached him. The Senate gave him a pass. He left office at the end of his term with the highest favorability rating, evidence the people thought he did a great job.

Now here we are with a different POTUS fearmonguting “ everyone will be poor” if he’s impeached and saying flipping should be illegal.

Unlike Clinton, Trump’s favorability rating has never been particularly strong. This is probably mostly attributed to his incessant whacked-out tweet storms and rhetoric, as opposed to anything of substance, till this week.

Seems to me the impeachment talk is a tad premature. Let the investigation run it’s course. No doubt other will be charged. Will there be enough for anything to stick to Trump? I don’t know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 07:58 AM

2,082 posts, read 1,078,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR Trump's legacy is that he is one 45 people to become President of the United States of America. Whatever happens, his legacy is set in stone.

The ORANGE SPHINCTER'S LEGACY will be that he was America's O-N-L-Y INSANE/TRAITOROUS/MOST CRIMINAL PRESIDENT!
Mueller is using a Pecker to probe that area. Deep breaths Donny.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:05 AM

37,313 posts, read 59,992,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock4 View Post
When it comes down to it, unless people are complete sociopaths they will protect their families first. No more "taking a bullet" for the other guy at the expense of your own family.

That's what most of these guys did, particularly Cohen as his wife had signed off on many checks and could have been held responsible. Better to co-operate and somewhat protect your loved ones.

Well, there may be exceptions like that Duncan Hunter in CA caught allegedly spending huge amounts of campaign money on personal trips and goods. At first it was all the fault of that mysterious "Deep State" but when that theory was laughed at after a paper trail of expenses was exposed he threw his wife under the bus.

Apparently all is not happy in the Hunter household--
The FBI investigation caught him trysting with at least two different women (one noted as his wife's "close" friend) so they arrived at their latest court appearance in two cars with three attorneys and definitely frosty toward each other...
I imagine he was trying to throw as much dirt on her as he could before trial in case she decides to throw him under a different bus...

I think the only person Trump might go to the wall to save is Ivanka--
There is something hinkey in that relationship...

Last edited by loves2read; 08-25-2018 at 08:23 AM..

Old 08-25-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Sorry Mr. Mueller, I didn't know you were active on the forums...

Here's a top tip. No one beyond Mueller and his team know what Mueller has. Clearly if people are accepting immunity they have something worth talking about. This is a guy who has worked for Trump and Mr. Trump for nearly 50 years. He's not taking anything without a serious damn reason. I don't believe anyone has said indictment for Trump, and Mueller's investigation is about getting things to a court of law, of which immunity is one of those tools to get information. Your spin control is on full lather.
It’s fascinating how some claim Mueller has nothing vs those who believe Cohen will take out Trump.

No one knows what the Mueller Tean knows. They are following the $.

The greatest risk to his presidency right now, is probably his attempts to obstruct justice. The tweets and rhetoric are facts. Will he act?

Old 08-25-2018, 08:12 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,862,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Apparently all is not happy in the Hunter household--
The FBI investigation caught him trysting with at least two different women (one noted as his wife's "close" friend) so they arrived at their latest court appearance in two cars with three attorneys and we're definitely frosty toward each other...
I imagine he was trying to throw as much dirt on her as he could before trial in case she decides to throw him under a different bus...

I think the only person Trump might go to the wall to save is Ivanka--
There is something hinkey in that relationship...

Well we all know via his interview that he is a WANNABE INCESTUOUS PERVERT!

The ORANGE SPHINCTER is a MAN-HO!

Old 08-25-2018, 08:30 AM

37,313 posts, read 59,992,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don’t know.

My point was and remains, when the evidence is inadequate to support charges, there are no charges.

Rick Scott initially denied the largest healthcare system with 340 hospitals and 550 home healthcare agencies, had committed fraud. When that did not work, he said something along the lines of all hospitals do it and blamed other people who worked for him. Then he resigned with a huge package.

This history did not prevent him from being elected Governor and now running for the Senate.

There is no question he was CEO and presided over the organization that committed massive fraud and eventually agreed to “ settle” the matter with a $1. 7 billion in fines. He was not indicted and at the end of the day, no officer or employee went to prison.

A 7 year Special Counsel investigation of the Clintons expanded to include a whole lot of things unrelated to Whitewater. Republicans in Congress were obsessed with impeachment. And in the end, the evidence was not adequate to charge the Clintons with a crime.

There was no 24/7 cable news, internet was immature and social media did not exist. In the end Clinton perjured himself about a consensual affair with an aide. The House impeached him. The Senate gave him a pass. He left office at the end of his term with the highest favorability rating, evidence the people thought he did a great job.

Now here we are with a different POTUS fearmonguting “ everyone will be poor” if he’s impeached and saying flipping should be illegal.

Unlike Clinton, Trump’s favorability rating has never been particularly strong. This is probably mostly attributed to his incessant whacked-out tweet storms and rhetoric, as opposed to anything of substance, till this week.

Seems to me the impeachment talk is a tad premature. Let the investigation run it’s course. No doubt other will be charged. Will there be enough for anything to stick to Trump? I don’t know.
We have second home in FL and spent the summer there
We don't take a local paper and rarely watch local news mainly because we are registered voters in TX and don't really consider ourselves "Florida people"
But saw nothing about Rick Scott's past history from what ads we did catch watching television
Maybe the ads will heat up once primaries are over
He is a POS from what I have seen and read
And you are right
He SHOULD have been charged
I think this is something endemic in our culture because of corporate money flooding political interests--
Look at the Manhatten DA Vance's jumping on the Cohen/Trump investigation train now that Cohen has put Trump's role front and center--yet he was willing to pull Ivanka and Don Jr out of the SoHo fraud case after getting a very large campaign donation from a Trump "friend"...
It was bad before Citizens United but that certainly exacerbated the existing problem
And now new rules that allow organizations to cloud their donation history is just another cloak to shield that buying of preferential treatment...

Old 08-25-2018, 08:32 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,342,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It’s only a matter of time, folks. When you live in a house of cards, collapse comes suddenly. Allen Weisselberg, the man who knows absolutely everything about Trump’s finances, has been granted full immunity. He’s free to state everything he knows even if it implicates him in a crime. The full extent of Trump’s dealings with Putin will soon come to light. Thank God. This traitor can’t be frog marched out of the White House fast enough. I suggest his next residence be either in prison or Moscow. Either or - both would be fitting.

If this guy squeaks like a Pig, Donald Trump is in trouble!

Old 08-25-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Re proof
Barbara Underwood has Trump Corp letterhead w/Trump's distinctive handwriting and sognature authorizing using CHARITY funds to pay settlement debt between MarALago lawsuit vs Palm Beach
Illegal as anything
If he was that brazen once he did it other times
She has proof of a pattern of self- dealing.

He knowingly directed the use of his foundation charitable funds to settle with Palm Beach a decade ago. He could have paid the settlement out of her personal funds- the monetary impact of a parking ticket, given his wealth. Instead he chose not to do so.

The Constitutiin protects a POTUS from being prosecuted by the Feds for alleged crimes before election while in office. Underwood is seeking to shut down the Trump Foundation. She knows he won’t be tried at the state
level.

It’s all about the pattern.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:34 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,742,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It’s only a matter of time, folks. When you live in a house of cards, collapse comes suddenly. Allen Weisselberg, the man who knows absolutely everything about Trump’s finances, has been granted full immunity. He’s free to state everything he knows even if it implicates him in a crime. The full extent of Trump’s dealings with Putin will soon come to light. Thank God. This traitor can’t be frog marched out of the White House fast enough. I suggest his next residence be either in prison or Moscow. Either or - both would be fitting.
Old news OP. You are a day late and a dollar short.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Just waiting for the tweets, "I hardly knew Allen Weisselberg. Very small role, believe me. Can't be trusted, he's a liar, bad service. Believe me."
Just another “ coffee boy”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies