Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 06:58 AM

2,362 posts, read 779,171 times

Advertisements

What is shocking is how the "left" (scare quotes is appropriate) are rehabilitating Bush Jr and McCain. The former started two wars, created the surveillance state we have now, and tried to normalize torture. The latter agreed with everything (but the torture to his credit) and was even a more unabashed war monger using his service as a cover to push America into any war he wanted.

I have respect for McCain and what he dealt with as a POW, but my respect begins and ends there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 06:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The issue is many Arizonians struggle due to low wages and especially rural Arizona face healthcare deserts. ObamaCare compared to the alternatives was what was best for AZ voters even if they don't really want it.
Saying something crappy is better than nothing is not high praise.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:00 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Wonder if Melania will be at the funeral, chatting up Obama again.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:02 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
No matter what Trump does, you people complain. Yes - it would have been nice if he flew it half staff for another day or two, but calm down. McCain hated Trump - he's lucky that Trump did anything for him at all. And I"m not saying I agreed with Trump's comments back in '15 either.
To be fair, Trump publicly disrespected a very courageous former Prisoner of War who spent 5 years being tortured for his service to the US, by a man who has no military history.

He was called a "loser", because Trump said "I like winners, not soldiers who get captured".

People who suck it up to Trump after insults like that - like Cruz, for example, have a far less trustworthy character.

You call a man like McCain a loser, don't expect him to lick your boots and treat you like a humble puppy.

Why in the world Trump wasn't summarily dismissed from any campaign hopes at that point is a testament to his followers, IMHO. And then he went on to publicly jeer a reporter with a physical disability, and his reporters didn't care about that, either.

If you have to admire McCain or Trump, I pick McCain, thanks. And doubly for his willingness to treat Trump as he should be treated by decent people.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:04 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
No matter what Trump does, you people complain. Yes - it would have been nice if he flew it half staff for another day or two, but calm down. McCain hated Trump - he's lucky that Trump did anything for him at all. And I"m not saying I agreed with Trump's comments back in '15 either.
Trump's pettiness and vindictiveness shines through once again. I was not McCain fan, but I respected him tremendously, he and John Glenn in particular.

McCain saw Trump for what he is. It's not hate, but proper stewardship.

When you see a rabid dog, you don't hate it, you might even pity the poor animal, but you know it is dangerous and to declare that does not mean you hate the beast.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:05 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Not surprising you are heaping praise on a guy who personally killed 134 sailors and marines and then have his daddy cover it up..
While I didn't like the guy the incident you are referring to (I think) really wasn't his fault. he was waiting for take off when that zumi hit him directly or the plane next to him...

Old 08-27-2018, 07:05 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Donald Trump ORDERED the White House flag be raised back to full-staff in the middle of the night.

It is the only flag in front of a federal government building in the entire city of Washington DC right now that is NOT at half-staff.

Donald Trump is a special kind of trash.

https://twitter.com/alex_mallin/stat...51018131206144

Old 08-27-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
While I didn't like the guy the incident you are referring to (I think) really wasn't his fault. he was waiting for take off when that zumi hit him directly or the plane next to him...
What happened is questioned still by a lot of people.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:07 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
What is shocking is how the "left" (scare quotes is appropriate) are rehabilitating Bush Jr and McCain. ...
No need to rehabilitate them. They are what they are.

By comparison to Trump they are both rock stars, relatively speaking. That is not a reflection of them, it is a reflection on Trump.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
No need to rehabilitate them. They are what they are.

By comparison to Trump they are both rock stars, relatively speaking. That is not a reflection of them, it is a reflection on Trump.
No, all three deserve nothing better than to rot in hell for what they have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies