Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 12:34 PM

989 posts, read 768,943 times

Advertisements

Why would any self respecting patriotic American continue to support this excuse for a President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 12:35 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump did the right thing by just sending a short tweet a long press release would have seemed phony since the two hated each other. The fact that McCain asked for Obama and Bush to do the eulogy while asking that Trump not attend his funeral says it all, people should let this criticism of Trump go at this point as its not helpful.
Yes, the press is making President Trump the center of attention during a time when this should be about McCain and his family. It's his last chance for Mccain to be the news story of the day/week.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:41 PM

989 posts, read 768,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Because Trump has done more for veterans than any President in decades.

McCain won't be doing anything for veterans on legislation in the foreseeable future.
Such a selfish response that answers my question...….. Because all they care about is themselves, me, me, me, me, me, and me, and screw everyone else. Some country we live in.

7 posts, read 2,089 times
Now McCain is a Liberal to Trump Bots. Anybody who's not a far right White Supremacist is a Liberal. LOL

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Then you think that Trump was just following standard procedure and not deliberately insulting one last time a man he hated, a man who had his number--John McCain.
I actually think that President Trump does not crawl up on the roof and raise/lower a Flag.
I actually think that there are people who have that job and that those people follow Flag Etiquette & the Laws that govern Half-Staff.

I posted the link ...... it's quite comprehensive and it's written by Congress & signed by the President so that it is KNOWN what to do. The President could have issued a Proclamation that changed the timing that is laid out in the Statute - last item is that the President can change it by Proclamation for any reason.

John McCain wanted nothing from President Trump, even barred him from his funeral - which is very bizarre and insulting, but it was McCain's choice. President is going along with McCain's wishes - that's pretty clear and very appropriate under the circumstances.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:43 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Get your head out of the maniac's ass and you'd easily see he is the primary reason politics is in the gutter. He's easily the most disgusting, petty, unprofessional, small minded, egotistical, leader we've had as POTUS. He has the emotional constitution of a weak child, and he's also an asshat and a megalomaniac to boot.
No you are wrong. Politics have always been in the gutter. You just had the politicians who were corrupt on both sides who couldn't expose each other without exposing themselves.

Then you have an outsider who didn't need the corrupt politicians' money or approval so he wins and the corruption starts getting exposed.

Then out comes the disgusting, petty, unprofessional, egotistical, small minded attacks by the corrupt leftists Democrat and RINO Republicans, against President Trump, who know their days are numbered once all the facts about just how deep their corruption runs gets exposed.

Last edited by 4dognight; 08-27-2018 at 02:00 PM..

Old 08-27-2018, 12:43 PM

7 posts, read 2,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I actually think that President Trump does not crawl up on the roof and raise/lower a Flag.
I actually think that there are people who have that job and that those people follow Flag Etiquette & the Laws that govern Half-Staff.

I posted the link ...... it's quite comprehensive and it's written by Congress & signed by the President so that it is KNOWN what to do. The President could have issued a Proclamation that changed the timing that is laid out in the Statute - last item is that the President can change it by Proclamation for any reason.

John McCain wanted nothing from President Trump, even barred him from his funeral - which is very bizarre and insulting, but it was McCain's choice. President is going along with McCain's wishes - that's pretty clear and very appropriate under the circumstances.
Oh gee I wonder why McCain didn't want him at his funeral? Could it be because Trump said he likes People who "Don't get Caught" among other things. You Trump zombies are deranged lunatics.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:44 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Trump has killed political correctness. McCain was not a Trump admirer and it would be disingenuous of Trump to slobber all over the White house about his dear friend John. Besides, The Left would have a field day with that as they rightly pointed out the hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgQAhrD1IMg

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Get your head out of the maniac's ass and you'd easily see he is the primary reason politics is in the gutter. He's easily the most disgusting, petty, unprofessional, small minded, egotistical, leader we've had as POTUS. He has the emotional constitution of a weak child, and he's also an asshat and a megalomaniac to boot.
oh yeah, even if I liked Trump I'd say this....

so you actually think, and believe, that because of Trump who has been in office not two years, in that short amount of time, Political leaders have grown Corrupt?

Yeah right....

It takes years and years to get where we're at....30 - 40 years....
and it's from a combination of things...and a trickle down effect...one thing effects another and another....

6,160 posts, read 5,706,855 times
All of my liberal friends on Facebook are making their "I didn't care for his politics AT ALL, but we lost a great man" posts, but leaving out that they were trash talking him before he died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies