Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 03:51 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
She is a despicable woman. Not fit for office. I think a Dem will have a chance at 2 seats from AZ in the Senate.
McCain's seat will not be voted on until November 2020. Just FYI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 03:53 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"There really is no defense for the words Trump said about McCain being captured,"

Contrary to what the liberal media tells you, McCain was NOT a good pilot. I fact, he should NEVER have been piloting a plane.

MANY vets, myself included, who did 2 TOURS in 'Nam, and those that were with him as POW's do NOT consider a hero.

I will leave it at that on this thread.

My sincere condolences to his family.
"Leave it at that"??? LOL. You should have never started. The President is a draft dodger, what he said about John McCain was indefensible. Now here you are defending it.

Disgusting.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:54 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
I made two comments, one was a typo, saying McCain crashed 5 planes, he crashed 3.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:55 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
McCain's seat will not be voted on until November 2020. Just FYI.
Thx for the clarification.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:06 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Amazing how Schumer now wants to name a Hall after MCCain.

MCCain died and let the voters down after eight years of saying repeal Obamacare and when the final vote was there, MCCain turned into McJudas.

That is something I never forgive him for. The other thing that I can’t forgive him for is blaming Palin after the fact and then saying he wanted Lieberman!

MCCain lost due to his image and not able to motivate more people to go out and vote.

Obama had that and Trump beat all odds by doing that even better at an age that MCCain showed as an elderly man, while Trump has the energy that is unbelievable!

It wasn't just a repeal, it was a repeal and replace with a plan that even Trump said was mean. We can all be thankful that at least one Republican voted with Americans in mind.

And yes he lost due to picking Palin. Many people could not stomach her being within striking distance of the POTUS. Even McCain later came out to say he wished he had picked Liberman.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:09 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
The Arizona Republican primary is this coming Tuesday.

If Kelli Ward loses to McSally, as is currently expected, she would be an ideal pick By Governor Ducey to replace McCain. Then McSally can join her in the Senate in November, if she wins her race.
I heard the governor said he would not appoint anyone who has asked him to be appointed. I believe Chemtrails Kelli did so as soon as McCain reported his illness.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I’m not in the trump crowd. I am, on the other hand in the Mccain is a thief who bombed civilians and then supported international terrorism in Central America condemned by the UN.
I have seen posts of your's defending Trump in the approval rating thread (while attacking McCain), so what are you then?

As for bombing civilians it was only bad in Vietnam but we did it in World War II without anyone complaining. Tokyo got firebombed and Hiroshima and Nagasaki got nuked. Nobody said shat about those. Also remember that Nam had a lot of "Hi Joe" acting friendly in the day, being firing at them at night and then among the body count the next morning. Guerrilla warfare causes that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Also, here is an article from when it happened by a local Arizona paper.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...g-five-6431838

It was a crime worse than any bank robbery and he got away unlike many none politicans who commit far lesser crimes. He did this coming off supporting genocide in Central America.
First off, check your bias. I'm not sure what it was back then, but is considered left center biased. Then again I did hear Trump supporters attack the Arizona Republic (a right center biased paper) for being "liberal" right before the 2016 election...
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/phoenix-new-times/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/arizona-republic/
Note: I am not denying the effect of The Keating Five, but they never got charged or impeached of anything. In fact McCain denied to help Keating despite having personal ties to him. Betcha didn't know that.

As for the Central America claims, where's the proof?

Old 08-26-2018, 04:20 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
As for bombing civilians it was only bad in Vietnam but we did it in World War II without anyone complaining.
Opps.

Fallacy of Relative Privation

Vietnam /= WWII

(but I get why you are left with that since your only reason for defending McCain's horrible record is that he hated Trump)

Old 08-26-2018, 04:22 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
The Arizona Republican primary is this coming Tuesday.

If Kelli Ward loses to McSally, as is currently expected, she would be an ideal pick By Governor Ducey to replace McCain. Then McSally can join her in the Senate in November, if she wins her race.
Ducey is up for election in November as well,l. While favored to win, I don't think he would want to risk any fallout from picking someone like Ward. Likely goes eith a safer pick

Old 08-26-2018, 04:23 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Nonsense. I knew BO would be a horrible POTUS, but any member of opposition party wins as nation was bleeding 750k jobs per month.

Just as anyone was going to beat Carter as the USA was in free fall in every way under his reign of error.
Well I for one voted for Obama because of McCain's history
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies