Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 12:54 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times

Advertisements

Rest in Peace Senator. You will be missed by many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 12:57 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
That's a horrible mean spirited thing to say, about the man who at least served his country. That was really bad, and it says so much about the type of person you are. But, I shouldn't be surprised I guess, look who you support. Trump don't hold a candle to the class and dignity, and honor this man had.
You only say that because you don't like it. But it's 100% true.

But thanks for bringing your hate for Trump into the discussion. It's simply proves what you really think of McCain despite the fake outrage.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:59 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,071 times
She is coo coo for Cocoa Puffs crazy!

Old 08-26-2018, 01:00 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
McCain is only being attacked because he opposed Trump and all he stands for. If he had bowed down to Trump like most other Republicans then they would be singing nothing but praise.
McCain has historically been attacked more by the left. Remember his 2008 little ditty, Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran. He's been the #1 warmongering interventionist for years. Now, because of his opposition to Trump and his vindictive vote on Ocare, some on the left turn the man into an all-time great.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
McCain is only being attacked because he opposed Trump and all he stands for. If he had bowed down to Trump like most other Republicans then they would be singing nothing but praise.
Quote:
I wouldn't expect anything less from Trump supporters. Sad isn't it?
Oh you guys who profess your love for McCain now, expressing false outrage for criticism of McCain. This only because McCain hated Trump. Amusing that you said the same exact things about McCain years ago and worse.
Quote:
Or McCain warmongering. Make sure you are ready for a third war against Iran and our economy in shables. That's the McCain future.
I wouldn't expect anything less either. Sad isn't it? Shall we go look at more of what you used to say about McCain before Trump appeared on the political scene? LAWL

Old 08-26-2018, 01:10 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
As did a LOT of the people now trashing Sen. McCain in this thread.

Can’t figure out if they now hate him because he lost to Obama, didn’t support Trump, some combination of the two or some other reason(s) but wow, just wow.

I never supported him politically and will always remain perplexed over his VP choice in 2008, but I wish him a peaceful rest and condolences to his family.
He oversaw programs for covert warfare, the coverage of which are mostly blacked out in the US during the execution of the wars.

For twenty-five years, he chaired the Republican oversight committee that oversaw the State Department program National Endowment for Democracy, a program started under the Reagan administration for the violent overthrow of foreign governments. Most recently, he appeared on television and newspapers to lobby for overt military intervention on behalf of terrorist groups that were being funded for covert warfare in Ukraine, Libya, and Syria among others. Hundreds of thousands are killed in these wars, and 65 million people were displaced in these and other countries. These groups engage in atrocities and torture, which would ordinarily constitute war crimes.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
It's amazing that someone who calls himself a "christian" is so full of it. The right keeps coming back to this failed promise of Obama... they at the same time claims trump has kept all his promises? How can you tolerate this lie coming out of your own "mouth?"
  • "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”
  • "I will release my tax returns after an audit is completed"
  • "I will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it."
  • "I have a beautiful Health Care plan that will cover everyone and it will be less expensive."
What do Trump's tax returns have to in a topic about McCain's death?

We know why you guys support McCain now. You just proved it again.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:15 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Also, the Saudi Tyrant was good friends with him:

https://twitter.com/AlArabiya_Eng/st...91870235049985

Old 08-26-2018, 01:16 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
We know Trump was not drafted. Something about "bone spurs" as a deferment.
And more specifically "heel spurs". A minor ailment about on the same level as ingrown toenails.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:18 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And more specifically "heel spurs". A minor ailment about on the same level as ingrown toenails.

I have seem to forgotten when hillary, slick willie, and obama served...maybe you can enlighten us....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies