Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 05:54 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
WASHINGTON – Amid the weekend's outpouring of tributes to Sen. John McCain, President Donald Trump's brief, 21-word tweet spoke volumes.

Since the start of his presidential campaign in 2015, when he said McCain's more than five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam didn't make him a war hero, Trump hasn't liked McCain. "I like people who weren't captured," he said then.

The feeling was mutual. McCain complained in 2015 that Trump "fired up the crazies" in his home state of Arizona over illegal immigration. A month before the election, McCain withdrew his support after Trump was caught on tape speaking in lewd fashion about assaulting women.

Over the years, Trump called McCain "very weak" on immigration, "foul-mouthed" and "a dummy." McCain has referred to the president as "poorly informed," "impulsive" and a proponent of "spurious, half-baked nationalism."

On Sunday, the only way to read Trump's mind on McCain was by omission. Flags over the White House were lowered to half-staff but without any proclamation. No formal statement about McCain's death was delivered.

Instead, the president tweeted about the strong economy and retweeted his disdain for the Justice Department, the FBI and his attorney general, Jeff Sessions. Then he went to his golf club in Sterling, Virginia.
President Donald Trump's brevity on John McCain speaks volumes about their strained relationship

Watch for some crazy s**t from the INSANE MADMAN in our WH this week, because he will for sure go B-E-S-E-R-K, with all the accolades to John McCain pushing him out of the news!

There is no way that EVIL-VILE SELF-CENTERED SUBHUMAN will ever receive such affectionate/respectful accolades on his passing!

HEY ORANGE SPHINCTER-CADET HEEL SPURS....I like people who weren't too chicken-s**t and LAZY to serve in the military, and didn't pay their QUACK DR. to give them a deferment 5 TIMES!

It shows the world what a self serving, narcissistic, a-hole Trump really is. But you can bet he is butt hurt to the extreme that not only was he not invited to the funeral but Obama and Biden were and will be speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 05:58 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
WASHINGTON – Amid the weekend's outpouring of tributes to Sen. John McCain, President Donald Trump's brief, 21-word tweet spoke volumes.

Since the start of his presidential campaign in 2015, when he said McCain's more than five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam didn't make him a war hero, Trump hasn't liked McCain. "I like people who weren't captured," he said then.

The feeling was mutual. McCain complained in 2015 that Trump "fired up the crazies" in his home state of Arizona over illegal immigration. A month before the election, McCain withdrew his support after Trump was caught on tape speaking in lewd fashion about assaulting women.

Over the years, Trump called McCain "very weak" on immigration, "foul-mouthed" and "a dummy." McCain has referred to the president as "poorly informed," "impulsive" and a proponent of "spurious, half-baked nationalism."

On Sunday, the only way to read Trump's mind on McCain was by omission. Flags over the White House were lowered to half-staff but without any proclamation. No formal statement about McCain's death was delivered.

Instead, the president tweeted about the strong economy and retweeted his disdain for the Justice Department, the FBI and his attorney general, Jeff Sessions. Then he went to his golf club in Sterling, Virginia.
President Donald Trump's brevity on John McCain speaks volumes about their strained relationship

Watch for some crazy s**t from the INSANE MADMAN in our WH this week, because he will for sure go B-E-S-E-R-K, with all the accolades to John McCain pushing him out of the news!

There is no way that EVIL-VILE SELF-CENTERED SUBHUMAN will ever receive such affectionate/respectful accolades on his passing!

HEY ORANGE SPHINCTER-CADET HEEL SPURS....I like people who weren't too chicken-s**t and LAZY to serve in the military, and didn't pay their QUACK DR. to give them a deferment 5 TIMES!
The sad thing is no one is surprised by trumps ignorance and that in it's self is a sad commentary about trump and his presidency.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:00 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:

If Trump did what he did, you would complain.
If Trump did nothing, you would complain more.
If Trump put out a huge statement, praising McCain, and went well beyond what he did today, you would complain.

No matter what he does or says, you "resisters" are getting very tiresome to the middle Americans who put him into office.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:05 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It makes me sick how little people actually know about the people they voted for....?????? Crazy....

McCain has never really done anything.

and yet he is a “war hero” ?

Hew finished 894th out of 899 and he still got stationed at a Navy champagne unit and was promoted ahead of all but two of his 898 other classmates.

A “war hero” are you kiddnig me, he crashed 3 not one but 3 U.S. Navy jets out of sheer incompetence and ineptitude, including two during non-combat training sessions.

A “war hero” doesn’t get written up on drunk-and-disorderly, fraternization, disobeying orders, and insubordination charges. Actually more than two dozen times in less than three years.

A “war hero” doesn’t get promoted to squadon commander of the air field named after his own grandfather immediately after crashing his third airplane.

McCain had all His military records that covered his time in Vietnam and every disciplinary action against him censored and sealed “as a matter of national security.”

McCain voted against every single pay and benefit increase for military and veterans throughout his entire political career, all the while claiming to be “the soldier’s Congressman,” and then took credit for the passage of a G.I. benefits bill that he voted AGAINST.

McCain lost jet number one in 1958 when he plunged into Corpus Christi Bay while practicing landings. He was knocked unconscious coming to as the plane settled to the bottom. McCain’s second crash occurred while he was deployed in the Mediterranean. “Flying too low over the Iberian Peninsula. He was incompetent but was pampered and given jobs and promoted specifically and only for his connections.

And then there was the Keating 5 incident.

He was not a really good man, let alone a war hero...give me a break?

and these are the things that we should know about, before voting for someone....
You know you are supposed to cite your sources, right?

Old 08-26-2018, 06:08 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Now this... why are the Democrats embracing someone they called a racist, homophobe, Islamophobe in the past?

Schumer to Introduce Resolution Renaming Russell Senate Building After McCain

--------------------

More McCain History...

New York Times Salutes the Late John McCain, But 2008 Campaign Coverage Was Totally Classless

But the Times hasn’t always treated Sen. McCain so respectfully. Look back to the 2008 campaign. McCain, seen as a moderate “maverick” by the Times and other outlets, was the paper’s clear personal favorite during the Republican primaries. But after he became the only person standing between a history-making Democratic president (either the first black president, Barack Obama, or the first female president, Hillary Clinton), the Times' treatment of McCain turned hostile, with reporters in turn suggesting McCain was too old or even constitutionally ineligible for office, a “warmonger” with “hints of racism,” who may have had an affair with a lobbyist and who spread vicious anti-Obama falsehoods on the campaign trail.

Hmmm... does that tactic sound familiar? Lift up a certain candidate during the primary that they thought was the easiest to defeat, and then trash him against the Democrat.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:08 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

They froth at the mouth when he dissed McCain at his rallies - all the while knowing he was a dying man.

Gross.
Campaigns are all ugly. Obamas hated Bubba as he accused them of injecting the race card in 2008. BO's dig when he took office "We are not here to do school uniforms was a shot at Bubba saying he got nothing done." Bubba did Newt's biding, and Newt ran the show, btw 1994-2000.

McCain hated W who is now doing a eulogy, as W's staff called his Asian out of wedlock daughter a horrific name and she was a pre teen then, during the 2000 campaign.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 08-26-2018 at 06:38 PM..

Old 08-26-2018, 06:10 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is not news.

FYI... McCain was called a racist and Islamophobe back in 2008 by radical liberals. So lets not pretend Trump is on an island here...

McCain: racist, bigot & homophobe

Democrats for McCain: Racists?

John McCain's Racism is nothing new

-----------------------

This is also a lesson for anyone learning about Democrats and politics, that the DEFAULT claim for any Republican opponent is that he/she is a racist.

McCain was a racist when he was the main opponent in 2008. It's been 10 years. Where was his racism at over this time? Today he is a favored Republican by the left... but he was a racist in 2008. What happened?

Rigggght, some racist...... considering he and Cindy had an adopted black child, and when running for President he defended Obama at one of his townhalls from disgusting racists!

Old 08-26-2018, 06:14 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Rigggght, some racist...... considering he and Cindy had an adopted black child, and when running for President he defended Obama at one of his townhalls from disgusting racists!
What I am telling you is that this is what radical liberals and the propaganda media do. THEY LIED and called him a racist to gain leverage in the 2008 election - when that clearly was not the case.

I'm just explaining the truth of who they are.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:21 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:

And yet, you and the left still called him a racist....

Trump was given Ellis Island Award (next to Rosa Parks andCassuis Clay) now quick, run off and google cassius clay.....

Do you understand what the Ellis Island award is given?

Again, I don't expect an honest answer, you'll come back with something stupid in 4....3....2....1.....and gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old 08-26-2018, 06:21 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
i_love_autumn, if he had come out with a long statement about McCain you'd be complaining about it being disingenuous. Tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong .It would have been the right thing to do.Hell he pays speech writers let them pen something for him,the man is just ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies