Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 01:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,294,796 times

Advertisements

Growing up, one lesson that still sticks with me that my pop and uncles taught me was that you NEVER tell on anyone if you get caught doing something wrong. Even if telling can and will attenuate your consequences, you hold your tongue and take your heat. If your confederates escape punishment, then too bad for you. You take your weight AND theirs if you have to.

Even when we got into trouble in our household, snitching on my siblings that participated was a nono! Even if my Pop or Mom asked if they were involved, we’d lie about it. Of course, my parents knew we were fulla you-know-what, but they admitted to grudging admiration for keeping your tongue.

Trump is a guy that doesn’t inspire loyalty. Some of you Trump supporters would go to jail before Cohen would, and Trump has never given you a dime. But Trump is right...these rats he surrounded himself with enjoyed all the perks when the going was good, but when it all falls apart, they turn into canaries. I don’t respect that. Not one bit.

Of course, I’m enjoying watching all these rats jump ship to torment Trump, but they’re still dirtbags. Once Cohen and other losers sink Trump for good, I wouldn’t care if they dropped dead.

It’s like Linda Tripp with Clinton. Once the Republicans got their use outta her, they dumped her like a bag of garbage. They wouldn’t give her a dime after they got their quarry in the form of Bill Clinton. They never cared about Tripp herself.

Reagan’s or Obama’s guys would’ve never sold their boss down the river like this. Valerie Jarrett or Susan Rice would have to be waterboarded before they’d give up Obama. Even Dubya’s guys were mostly loyal. JFK’s guys (that are still alive) are STILL loyal to his legacy. They won’t say a bad word about him.

Damn Donald...you sure know how to pick’em. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 02:05 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,148,462 times
Cya.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:06 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,262,731 times
Bottom line, bad leaders don't inspire loyalty.

Trump wants to be like Obama and JFK, but no one would ever be loyal to a snake. He found out that people were kissing up to him because they could use him. Once crap hits the fan, you throw the snake to the fire.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Cya.
Yep. At any cost. Those guys have no balls.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:11 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,500,203 times
There is no honor among thieves.
Trump's cronies are like these two using their buddy as a meat shield:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9dEk2_1535037873

Old 08-24-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
There is no honor among thieves.
Trump's cronies are like these two using their buddy as a meat shield:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9dEk2_1535037873
Geez!!

Old 08-24-2018, 02:20 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,495,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Growing up, one lesson that still sticks with me that my pop and uncles taught me was that you NEVER tell on anyone if you get caught doing something wrong. Even if telling can and will attenuate your consequences, you hold your tongue and take your heat. If your confederates escape punishment, then too bad for you. You take your weight AND theirs if you have to.

Even when we got into trouble in our household, snitching on my siblings that participated was a nono! Even if my Pop or Mom asked if they were involved, we’d lie about it. Of course, my parents knew we were fulla you-know-what, but they admitted to grudging admiration for keeping your tongue.

Trump is a guy that doesn’t inspire loyalty. Some of you Trump supporters would go to jail before Cohen would, and Trump has never given you a dime. But Trump is right...these rats he surrounded himself with enjoyed all the perks when the going was good, but when it all falls apart, they turn into canaries. I don’t respect that. Not one bit.

Of course, I’m enjoying watching all these rats jump ship to torment Trump, but they’re still dirtbags. Once Cohen and other losers sink Trump for good, I wouldn’t care if they dropped dead.

It’s like Linda Tripp with Clinton. Once the Republicans got their use outta her, they dumped her like a bag of garbage. They wouldn’t give her a dime after they got their quarry in the form of Bill Clinton. They never cared about Tripp herself.

Reagan’s or Obama’s guys would’ve never sold their boss down the river like this. Valerie Jarrett or Susan Rice would have to be waterboarded before they’d give up Obama. Even Dubya’s guys were mostly loyal. JFK’s guys (that are still alive) are STILL loyal to his legacy. They won’t say a bad word about him.

Well said.

Trump has to deal with the choices he has made over the years. Whom he surrounded himself with and why those people in particular. They obviously had some characteristics Trump valued at some point, good or bad, and Trump and some characteristics that attracted them. Rottenness attracts flies.

"Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what a reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character."
Dr. Wayne Dwyer

"The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back."
Abigail Van Buren

Old 08-24-2018, 02:29 PM

39,124 posts, read 51,388,584 times
Quote:

We are not talking about "pops and uncles" here and a spanking. It's whether you go to prison for your natural life, see your wife and kids prosper, or not. Trump is a piece of human garbage who turns on everyone. He deserves betrayal. Anyway, Cohen says he is doing it for his country. Maybe the rest are too now that they see what a disaster they have unleashed on American democracy.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,178,817 times
Quote:

Trump would throw them under the bus just as quickly. Why would he deserve or expect loyalty?

Old 08-24-2018, 02:35 PM

7,419 posts, read 2,722,570 times
The most disturbing aspect of the president's rant about flipping and protection is this: The man who swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the US is in essence saying that he thinks it is or would like it to be illegal to work with the Justice Department. Yikes!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 08-24-2018 at 02:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies