Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 04:50 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,829,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Fair enough.

But I don’t believe there’s any justification for talking even if Trump was the worst guy on Earth. If you knowingly committed a crime, you don’t testify on your cohorts.
Not if you are a bunch of users as opposed to people with a code. This is an "every man for himself" kinda crowd.

It is what it is.

Mafia people inspire the kind of loyalty you are talking about through a combination of fear (of death) and money (as in we will take care of your family for life if you go to jail for us).

Trump tried to do both but he can't really. So the users look out for themselves. That's what users do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 05:11 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,764,402 times
There was a great article about how the reason so many of these close Trump associates are so foul, is because the quality ones wouldn't endorse Trump until they had to. So the most nefarious ones were quick to see an opportunity with Trump. It's not surprising that people like that would dump Trump as soon as he was no longer of any use to them.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:16 PM

78,752 posts, read 60,939,328 times
Quote:
Growing up, one lesson that still sticks with me that my pop and uncles taught me was that you NEVER tell on anyone if you get caught doing something wrong. Even if telling can and will attenuate your consequences, you hold your tongue and take your heat. If your confederates escape punishment, then too bad for you. You take your weight AND theirs if you have to.

Even when we got into trouble in our household, snitching on my siblings that participated was a nono! Even if my Pop or Mom asked if they were involved, we’d lie about it. Of course, my parents knew we were fulla you-know-what, but they admitted to grudging admiration for keeping your tongue.

Trump is a guy that doesn’t inspire loyalty. Some of you Trump supporters would go to jail before Cohen would, and Trump has never given you a dime. But Trump is right...these rats he surrounded himself with enjoyed all the perks when the going was good, but when it all falls apart, they turn into canaries. I don’t respect that. Not one bit.

Of course, I’m enjoying watching all these rats jump ship to torment Trump, but they’re still dirtbags. Once Cohen and other losers sink Trump for good, I wouldn’t care if they dropped dead.

It’s like Linda Tripp with Clinton. Once the Republicans got their use outta her, they dumped her like a bag of garbage. They wouldn’t give her a dime after they got their quarry in the form of Bill Clinton. They never cared about Tripp herself.

Reagan’s or Obama’s guys would’ve never sold their boss down the river like this. Valerie Jarrett or Susan Rice would have to be waterboarded before they’d give up Obama. Even Dubya’s guys were mostly loyal. JFK’s guys (that are still alive) are STILL loyal to his legacy. They won’t say a bad word about him.

Damn Donald...you sure know how to pick’em. Lol
Great post. Dang, you're back to form.

The one biggie you left out though wasn't a cabinet member but rather...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Sheehan

The wheels on the bus go thump, thump thump....thump, thump thump.....thump, thump thump.

P.S. You might have missed it in other threads but I jokingly mentioned Manafort fleeing the country, being put on the FBI 10 most wanted list, donating millions to the RNC and getting pardoned by Trump as a wink and a nod to Marc Rich. I find that hillarious but many are too young or partisan to appreciate the humor.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:17 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,080,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
It seems that Trump and MS-13 are guided by the same core principle: Snitches Get Stitches. Who knew they had so much in common?
Bad hombres; which is exactly the type of people he surrounds himself with.

"you better be loyal to the end or its a gasoline tire around your neck"

Trump - BAD HOMBRE INDEED.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:17 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,500,203 times
Trump's White House has attracted opportunists who are only in it for themselves (Pruit, Omarosa, Flynn...) and who have no loyalty to Trump or to the country.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,294,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Help me understand, and please know that I am not directing my criticism at you, specifically, but just wondering where certain lines are drawn.

Are we talking about misbehavior in which you had a role, or situations in which you were completely innocent, but expected to take the blame?

Loyalty is great, but shouldn't it have limits? I can understand people protecting each other, but what if the one being protected has done real, serious harm?

I'm not raising this question because I want to defend any of these Trump defectors - I think they are all slimy, and no better than he is. I ask because I believe that the secrecy/loyalty thing is responsible for a lot of not-so-good things.

I guess what I would like to know, at this point, is when does someone who speaks out against wrongdoing become a hero instead of a rat?
The time to get a conscience is when you see someone doing wrong. When you join in the wrongdoings and profit personally, it’s too late to come to Jesus. If you get caught, it’s wrong to tell on others that weren’t caught. Take your own heat. Even taking a deal to rat in exchange for a sentence reduction is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Not if you are a bunch of users as opposed to people with a code. This is an "every man for himself" kinda crowd.

It is what it is.

Mafia people inspire the kind of loyalty you are talking about through a combination of fear (of death) and money (as in we will take care of your family for life if you go to jail for us).

Trump tried to do both but he can't really. So the users look out for themselves. That's what users do.
It’s not a Mafia thing to me. It’s a man code thing. The burden for eff ups is hard, but you signed up to carry it.

Cohen loved the Trump Tower office, the money, the ability to flip Trump’s name into cash for access, his Manhattan penthouse, the limos. He loved it. It was a dream lifestyle.

He should take everything that comes with that and take his lumps. Ten years is a lot, but that’s too bad. He’s gotta do 85% of that in the Feds. He signed up for it.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:21 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,237,546 times
Quote:
Growing up, one lesson that still sticks with me that my pop and uncles taught me was that you NEVER tell on anyone if you get caught doing something wrong. Even if telling can and will attenuate your consequences, you hold your tongue and take your heat. If your confederates escape punishment, then too bad for you. You take your weight AND theirs if you have to.

Even when we got into trouble in our household, snitching on my siblings that participated was a nono! Even if my Pop or Mom asked if they were involved, we’d lie about it. Of course, my parents knew we were fulla you-know-what, but they admitted to grudging admiration for keeping your tongue.

Trump is a guy that doesn’t inspire loyalty. Some of you Trump supporters would go to jail before Cohen would, and Trump has never given you a dime. But Trump is right...these rats he surrounded himself with enjoyed all the perks when the going was good, but when it all falls apart, they turn into canaries. I don’t respect that. Not one bit.

Of course, I’m enjoying watching all these rats jump ship to torment Trump, but they’re still dirtbags. Once Cohen and other losers sink Trump for good, I wouldn’t care if they dropped dead.

It’s like Linda Tripp with Clinton. Once the Republicans got their use outta her, they dumped her like a bag of garbage. They wouldn’t give her a dime after they got their quarry in the form of Bill Clinton. They never cared about Tripp herself.

Reagan’s or Obama’s guys would’ve never sold their boss down the river like this. Valerie Jarrett or Susan Rice would have to be waterboarded before they’d give up Obama. Even Dubya’s guys were mostly loyal. JFK’s guys (that are still alive) are STILL loyal to his legacy. They won’t say a bad word about him.

This is about a nation, "they should tell everything they know"

Trump and Guilliani, both sound like "clones of "Bagdad Bob"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOnmBZHsnAM

Old 08-24-2018, 05:23 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,652,049 times
Lie with dogs, get fleas. Trump brought all of his problems on himself. The man is a chronic LIAR. He’s told over 4,000 lies so far. Who can believe a word this Traitorous moron says?

Old 08-24-2018, 05:28 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,829,080 times
Quote:

But, but, but, he only hires the best...

Too funny his supporters don't even realize when they are being manipulated and lied to because they selectively "dis-remember" what Trump said when facts inconveniently collide with his previous statements. Like on June 15th, he said he solved the North Korea problem.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:33 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,829,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
There's a reason for the saying, "snitches get stitches". You don't rat people out. I wasn't necessarily taught that while growing up, but it seemed to be something I understood at a young age when I was getting in trouble for things my brother did. He told me one time, "Don't tell mom I did it" knowing full well I was getting the blame. I never did tell her, and I took the heat, because that's what you do when you're loyal.

We'll see what happens with all of these sewer rats making claims, as I don't think they will "sink Trump", but regardless of anyone's politics, those types of people should disgust you. And if they don't, you're probably one of those rats.
"rats making claims" - yeah with evidence. Cohen, Pecker and now Weisselberg have joined Flynn and Gates and all most likely have evidence. One of them has a safe full of stuff.

You forget, Trump is not loyal to anyone but himself. So I guess that makes him the "head rat".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies