Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2018, 07:42 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,073,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yawn.

Daily city data "I Hate Trump" circle jerk.
Yawn? Clearly you've opened up wide to the Trump ***/con.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 10:24 AM

27,221 posts, read 13,508,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm lovin' it...Like watching the Sopranos all over again....So Trump was going to drain the swamp and created his own cess pool instead.
LOL - Perhaps Trump should have intiated them by drawing blood. burning a picture of a saint in their hands and making them take an oath of omerta.

Trump grew up in NYC and did business there with such people for decades, it's just a shame he wasn't as shrewd as some of the five family boses such as Carlo Gambino or Tommy Lucchese.

Perhaps Trumps best bet is to do a Vinny 'Chin' Gigante (the former boss of the Genovese Family) and to start wandering around in a dressing gown and urinating in public, whilst checking himself in to psychiatric hospitals. I am sure Trump could pull off a diminished responsibility in Court, he's half way there with some of his speeches already.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:42 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,440,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Well said.

Trump has to deal with the choices he has made over the years. Whom he surrounded himself with and why those people in particular. They obviously had some characteristics Trump valued at some point, good or bad, and Trump and some characteristics that attracted them. Rottenness attracts flies.

"Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what a reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character."
Dr. Wayne Dwyer

"The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back."
Abigail Van Buren
Love it.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So you would go to jail for life because you don't want to rat on your brother who really did the crime?

And how does this work in neighborhoods that are 'controlled' by criminals? Non criminals shouldn't snitch because their relatives and friends might be involved in crimes? People are always asking them to clean up their neighborhoods by snitching to cops- is loyalty not supposed to work in that case?
You totally miss the point.

You don’t participate in criminality YOURSELF, and then tell on others just because YOU got caught. The time to go to authorities with information is before you benefitted from the crime and had a blast from the proceeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So those who lie, steal cheat, commit and conspire to commit crimes are dishonorable because they also snitch?

What nonsense.
It ain’t nonsense.

So if you and I commit crimes together and I get caught, but you don’t, it’s okay for me to tell the authorities about your involvement just so that I can salve my conscience () and save myself some extra prison time? Even as I enjoyed all the proceeds of the crime?

Where in the hell did some of you guys grow up at? Who taught you about honor and accountability? You TAKE YOUR OWN WEIGHT if you find yourself implicated in a bad situation that’s gonna bring about bad consequences. You don’t look to mitigate your consequences by telling on other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
When the next inner city drug dealer kills someone, let's see if your comments will be the same?

I'd put money on the table, that if someone did something to any family member(s) of yours, you'd want those who know what happen to speak up.

If someone swindled your money in an organization of some institution where you invested your money, you'd want those involved to speak up.

If your friend who previously loaned you money and helped you out of a bind, raped your family members kid, and you knew about it, "would you speak up?"

What Trump has done has damaged and caused much harm to many, over many decades.... and what he has done be treasonous with the Russian because they bankrolled him with dirty money.... you think those who have that information should sit quiet?

Trump and his gang was yelling "Lock Her Up"... and I said nearly two years ago at the time they were "playing the spin" and "drama promotions" that they are ones who needed to be locked up, and I said, that it was only a fictional drama spin game plan of "deflect", to distract from the truths about themselves.

Now, Trump is yelling and whining, trying to continue to deflect, until he and Guilliani sound exactly as I said, like "Bagdad Bob" AKA "Chemical Ali"..
What the hell are you talking about with this “inner city” nonsense. Integrity has nothing to do with geography. I grew up in one of this country’s toniest suburbs. Rules are rules.

Ratting out your cohorts just to get a lighter deal is a no no. You’re not supposed to do it under any conditions. You take your own heat.

Don’t make this personal about what I’d want someone to do if I was robbed or one of my friends or relatives were a victim of a crime. That’s not relevant.

Michael Cohen was living the high life. Manhattan penthouse, office in Trump tower. Limos, top notch restaurants, getting thousands of dollars from his clients with promises of access to Trump. All the while, he KNOWINGLY committed crimes that helped enrich himself. No one twisted his arm to do anything. He wanted to do those crimes.

He shouldn’t then turn around and rat out Trump just because the heat got too hot to handle and he can’t accept his consequences for his actions.

Geez...I never realized that CD had so many snitch sympathizers. LMAO

Old 08-25-2018, 12:59 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,597,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
When the next inner city drug dealer kills someone, let's see if your comments will be the same?

I'd put money on the table, that if someone did something to any family member(s) of yours, you'd want those who know what happen to speak up.

If someone swindled your money in an organization of some institution where you invested your money, you'd want those involved to speak up.

If your friend who previously loaned you money and helped you out of a bind, raped your family members kid, and you knew about it, "would you speak up?"

What Trump has done has damaged and caused much harm to many, over many decades.... and what he has done be treasonous with the Russian because they bankrolled him with dirty money.... you think those who have that information should sit quiet?

Trump and his gang was yelling "Lock Her Up"... and I said nearly two years ago at the time they were "playing the spin" and "drama promotions" that they are ones who needed to be locked up, and I said, that it was only a fictional drama spin game plan of "deflect", to distract from the truths about themselves.

Now, Trump is yelling and whining, trying to continue to deflect, until he and Guilliani sound exactly as I said, like "Bagdad Bob" AKA "Chemical Ali"..
Situations like the ones you have mentioned are why I've asked for clarification from a couple of posters.

I don't think that the OP was saying anyone who discovers criminal activity should stay silent. I believe the point was, they should have spoken up in the first place, as soon as they found out, rather than being active participants, reaping the benefits, and only doing the right thing when they got caught. In other words, when you see something, say something THEN. Don't get in bed with the perp, say something later, after the damage has been done and you've had an active role in doing it, and expect to be looked at as some kind of hero just for covering your ass. Do you really think any of these crooks would have come forward out of a sense of morality? I do not. Trump is a mess, they are a mess, and I don't think there are any good guys in this sorry tale.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:20 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,818,255 times
I think the simple way to sum up what desertdetroiter is talking about is “honor among thieves”. Those who teamed up to participate in the crime are not supposed to rat out the others if one gets caught.

Law abiding citizens who witness something are a different story. But if you do dirt with someone, or if you know you do those same kinds of things yourself, you are not supposed to turn on your cohorts.

Like I said, I give 2 sheyts about the code, I just want crooked people caught. If my kid got caught doing something I would want him or her to do the right thing in my eyes, and tell the truth. But what he’s describing is a very popular sentiment.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:34 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You totally miss the point.

You don’t participate in criminality YOURSELF, and then tell on others just because YOU got caught. The time to go to authorities with information is before you benefitted from the crime and had a blast from the proceeds.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm sorry to inform you you've failed the Politicians' Pre-Employment aptitude screening and will not be allowed to seek elected office.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:51 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,775,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Fair enough.

But I don’t believe there’s any justification for talking even if Trump was the worst guy on Earth. If you knowingly committed a crime, you don’t testify on your cohorts.
Who are you, Don Corleone? Are you living in some tough guy fantasy, or what?

Old 08-25-2018, 03:10 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,694,677 times
It depends on the criminal you are protecting. One of my siblings got ten to twenty for a crime a decent lawyer could have gotten him off on with minimal charges. He didn't snitch and all he got was a little prison yard respect. You think the four or five who did the crimes wrote, visited or called him, I doubt it. He gave up all of his youth for them.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I think the simple way to sum up what desertdetroiter is talking about is “honor among thieves”. Those who teamed up to participate in the crime are not supposed to rat out the others if one gets caught.

Law abiding citizens who witness something are a different story. But if you do dirt with someone, or if you know you do those same kinds of things yourself, you are not supposed to turn on your cohorts.

Like I said, I give 2 sheyts about the code, I just want crooked people caught. If my kid got caught doing something I would want him or her to do the right thing in my eyes, and tell the truth. But what he’s describing is a very popular sentiment.
It’s a popular sentiment because it’s the right thing to do. I’m just amazed at how fast this Michael Cohen guy rolled on Trump. Especially because he went around New York playing the tough guy and threatening people on behalf of his boss.

Turns out that he’s a coward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm sorry to inform you you've failed the Politicians' Pre-Employment aptitude screening and will not be allowed to seek elected office.
LMAO...I suppose so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Who are you, Don Corleone? Are you living in some tough guy fantasy, or what?
Unlike you, I have personal integrity and I deal with my own consequences instead of trying to bring someone else down with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies