Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 08:25 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
The person who started this whole dog and pony show - Sen. Diane Feinstein, is also 85 years old. I don't know if it was early dementia with selective memory loss or trying to be too cute and try a 11th hour stunt made her do it.

I think all senators and house members, presidents and cabinet member should have age limits. Men and women and everyone in between. Both republicans and democrats and all other parties. These people hang on and on and they become caricatures like Repub Strom Thurmond and Dem Robert Byrd.

I think 75 years should be the very upper limit of being fit to serve. Yes, there are people who are mentally sharp beyond that but we have to apply an uniform standard to all so that we don't discriminate one over other.

I have relatives in their 70's and 80's. I love them but I would not want them running the country. I would say 65 is the cut off to run for office. If its a senator they would retire by 71 which is a good time to step down.

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
So your saying if women are sexually assaulted but don’t have evidence they should say nothing? Got it.

Or, maybe do it when it happens, you know, like 36 years ago.

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Apparently some people think everyone lied under oath, except Ford. It's three against one. The three witnesses Ford named, all deny her recall of events. It's done.

Either Ford is lying, or more likely her memory is so sketchy and fragmented, that it's convinced her that the wrong four people were in that room.
After watching every excruciating moment of her testimony, I think she's an emotional and psychological mess. Credible? Well, I do think something happened to her (which seems pretty minor to me but what do I know - I've only been raped and reported it to the police the same day, at age 18), but come on - she simply had NO evidence at all that she even ever MET Brett Kavanaugh.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:26 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I'm just relaying what they said. No crime was committed so we're not looking into it.

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT WITH CERTAINTY!

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Feinstein wouldn't win because of the stunt she just pulled on the American people.

Of course she will win she is in Cali. And the dems love her little stunt.

2,356 posts, read 5,093,244 times
I watched the whole hearing yesterday. I went back and forth with no previous conclusions. I wanted to actually hear both sides. My first reaction was Wow, Dr. Ford was clearly sexually assaulted, anyone could get the sense of fear, pain, anxiety. I was pleased with the Republicans choice of using Mitchell to ask all questions. Never attacking the victim and seemed to establish facts. I thought the democrats very much asked questions as if they were already 100% minds made up.
I was surprised when Kavanaugh testified that the republicans still used Mitchell (at first) and went pretty hard on Kavanaugh again to get facts. Democrats seemed to try to use it at a time to smear Kavanaugh credibility and again assume he was guilty.
It became so clear that the Democrats just wanted to use this as a way to drag out the nomination til mid term elections.
I wish that when the democratic senators kept saying "Judge Kavanaugh do you think there should be a FBI investigation? that Judge Kavanaugh responded with " If we do a FBI investigation and there is no other corroboration to Dr Fords' testimony will you then as a democratic senator commit that you will then vote to confirm me?
No matter what , there will be no democrat that will vote for Judge Kavanaugh EVER!

I remember reading the book the crucible about the salem with trials. I wondered how people could be so stupid back then. We are falling into that trap again as a country.

There is not a free thinker left in our government.

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
After watching every excruciating moment of her testimony, I think she's an emotional and psychological mess. Credible? Well, I do think something happened to her (which seems pretty minor to me but what do I know - I've only been raped and reported it to the police), but come on - she simply had NO evidence at all that she even ever MET Brett Kavanaugh.

I would love to see a psych evaluation on Ford.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:27 AM

10,532 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
After watching every excruciating moment of her testimony, I think she's an emotional and psychological mess. Credible? Well, I do think something happened to her (which seems pretty minor to me but what do I know - I've only been raped and reported it to the police), but come on - she simply had NO evidence at all that she even ever MET Brett Kavanaugh.

So in other words, you don't believe her. You believe Kavanaugh, who lied multiple times yesterday.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
What swamp? They've been Trumps swamp for 2 years.
What swamp? Let's start with Grassley and Feinstein - two career politicians who are both 85 years old.

If this fiasco doesn't prove the need for term limits and draining the swamp, I don't know what will.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:28 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
It is obvious to any objective person that Kavanaugh has not always been truthful when answering questions, specifically when it has involved his drinking in his younger days. Even his friends have contradicted him on this. The alleged sexual assault will have to be evaluated individually on a he said/she said basis as the President and GOP wanted no real investigation. Even without that issue, we have a candidate that has lied under oath on other matters. He does not belong on the court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies