Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 11:04 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I've had pictures taken where it looks like I'm having a seizure. What exactly do you think this proves?

Old 09-28-2018, 11:05 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Typical tactic
Smear the woman
That only works if Kavanaugh is proven guilty.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:06 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
You know Blumenthal, who was 31 when he started dating his 16-year old future wife, has a lot of nerve judging anyone’s sexual behavior. He, who lied about his Vietnam vet status, has a lot of nerve judging anyone else about lying.

AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you say so.

They are about to confirm an anger filled and openly partisan nominee to the SC, who clearly lied under oath yesterday. At the same time they treated a sexual assault victim with disdain, and forbid further investigations out of fear they might find Kanvanaugh guilty. Its a cover-up.
The question about having the FBI investigating the allegations scared the **** out of him I have no doubt based on his facial expressions and the little tap dance his did to not answer the question directly.

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Clearly lied? Prove it. You're the accuser. Prove it.
It is impossible for a someone who binge-drank like he did (slurring, stumbling, etc) to never have blacked out. He might as well claim the earth is flat. There is no crime in black-outs, but he HAD TO lie about it because of the assault accusations.

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That's right it is. It's not for wimpy Leftists. It's a country for real men and women who fight back against injustices. Not for limp wristed and light in the loafers types who get eaten alive and hide from their own shadows.

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Whatever you say.

This is going to cost GOP in the midterms whether or not this guy gets nominated.
I continue to wonder...

Obviously people judge according to their party line. Seems everyone does, right down the line, and all the folks who supported Trump, now Kavanaugh for those reasons are not likely to change their support come the midterms. Sometimes I think that's the case even if evidence emerged that Kavanaugh was not only a sexual predator but a pedophile too. That's how entrenched we seem to be with our egos and ideological differences that can't accept what we don't want to hear or believe.

The American divide has hardened, and so have our brains...

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I've had pictures taken where it looks like I'm having a seizure. What exactly do you think this proves?
Are you suggesting these men are having a seizure rather than speaking in public?

Old 09-28-2018, 11:07 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,253,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if feinstein was so protective of fords letter, then her office would not have leaked in in secret. no this was a calculated move on feinsteins part. she had this letter, and she could have made the allegations at any time after she received the letter, including when she sat down with kavanaugh to interview him, and asked him about the allegation in private, and not revealing who the letter was from, but she didnt. she wanted a big splash to spring on the committee hearings at the last minute so she could demand another FBI investigation into kavanaughs background, even though he had been through six previous investigations over the years including the most recent of this year for the current nomination.

we have to see this for what is was, a political attack on kavanaugh and his family, as well as a political attack on trump.
I heard somewhere an interesting theory that it was not Senator Feinstein that released the letter but a member of her staff. Supposedly, Christine Ford did not want the letter released and Senator Feinstein was respecting her wishes. But then a member of her staff decided on their own to release the letter for political reasons to stop Judge Kavanaugh. I am not saying I believe it, but it is possible.

That raises an interesting question. If someone knows something but wants it to remain private because they are afraid or something else, should we respect her/his wishes or release the information in the name what we think is the public good?

Old 09-28-2018, 11:07 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
It is impossible for a someone who binge-drank like he did (slurring, stumbling, etc) to never have blacked out. He might as well claim the earth is flat. There is no crime in black-outs, but he HAD TO lie about it because of the assault accusations.
What evidence do you have he binge drinked? Did he admit to such? No. You know trying to prove someone lied and then using unsubstantiated evidence is not proof, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies