Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 03:27 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Ford's behavior is and has been of someone who is not concerned about being sexually touched at a party once in high school but rather about derailing the appointment of a Supreme Court nominee who she and her political party - that she very closely associates and identifies with - is opposed to.

And now she is playing blatantly manipulative P.R. games with the Senate Judiciary Committee, who has made extraordinary efforts to accommodate her coming in to testify, and still she refuses to testify. All of the witnesses she has named have testified under oath to the Judiciary Committee and they ALL refute her unsworn story. There is literally zero evidence to support her claims. None.

She is not a trustworthy person and she is working with the Democrats to try to obstruct the conformation process for a Supreme Court Judge. There is no need to play the fool about what she is up to now. We can all see it with our own eyes. Enough is enough.
there should be a vote next week and i hope she is sued into the ground

Old 09-22-2018, 03:44 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
At Ford's request, Chairman Grassley has granted another extension to decide whether to testify on Wednesday. The new deadline appears to be Saturday night.

Quote:
Grassley grants Kavanaugh accuser another extension

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley late Friday night granted another extension to Christine Blasey Ford to decide on whether she will testify to the committee.

The new deadline was unclear, but Ford had requested that a 10 p.m. ET Friday deadline be extended until Saturday.
She is not going to testify and all these requests for extensions are obvious delaying tactics by her and the Democrats. Hopefully this will be the last of this silliness, but since the Democrats are involved, more chicanery from them is a virtual certainty here.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:18 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/stat...49542920486912

Yep.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:37 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
A CNN panel of women comments on their concerns about these allegations against Brett Kavanaugh:

If CNN cannot even hustle up a panel of women to support this smear campaign, then that tells us a lot.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 09-22-2018 at 05:02 AM..

Old 09-22-2018, 04:46 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
At Ford's request, Chairman Grassley has granted another extension to decide whether to testify on Wednesday. The new deadline appears to be Saturday night.

She is not going to testify and all these requests for extensions are obvious delaying tactics by her and the Democrats. Hopefully this will be the last of this silliness, but since the Democrats are involved, more chicanery from them is a virtual certainty here.
Oh, for whatever’s sake, I hope this is the very last of the extensions. Next one will be what? At 6 am Monday morning? I know they want to make sure no one can accuse them of not trying to accomadation her but this is just nuts. Those of you saying they don’t want her to testify are just lying to yourselves. On the other hand, I am beginning to think people saying she has no intention of ever testifying are the ones who are indeed right. Any doubt I have that this really and truly is nothing more than a political stunt is over. These people are playing games with an entire nation.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:50 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:

Well her and her family have been doxed and threatened their lives because she made the allegations against Kavanaugh AND made herself public to appease the Republicans saying "Oh an anonymous claim isn't credible." I will also go on to say that it has to be some right leaning hacktivist who doxed her because why would anyone else and the far-right probably made the threats against her. Had there NOT been threats against Ford, I'd say you have some merit, though it is still a potential issue of getting off of work for a day or three due to travel or extended sessions.

As for Kavanaugh, he will not be elected by this Senate until at least election day passes. Why, nine Republican Senate seats are up for re-election (along with 24 Democratic seats.) With the Senate's balance of power where it is right now, a 51 to 49 minority (and one tiebreaker vote in Vice-president Pence) you need two Republican senators whom are running to decide to not vote yes to save their skin this close to election day. A Kavanaugh vote could be what the Republican legitimate rape comments did in 2012 and stop the red tide that year (in the same Senate class mind you.)

The problem is the Republicans are being tonedeaf to the situation. Comments like what the president said where he couldn't imagine why a woman wouldn't come forward with rape charges (listen to the second hour of the Mac and Gaydos Podcast from today and you'll hear tons of stories about this with current Arizona residents) and Grassley's about her being timely despite all the threats and doxing and even Rep. McSally's non-answer in regards to Trump since she herself was sexually assaulted too. I honestly don't see myself voting Republican besides a few specific cases in local races for a long, long time.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Who thinks ford will ever actually testified? It doesn’t look that way. Just vote already. This is such a waste of time and resources.

That cloud of perjury over her head, says, no... She will never speak.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
were you?.......I wasn't at that alleged party and alleged house in 1982 which the accuser can't even prove the party and house even existed...and neither were you.

she said she feared for her life...so was it attempted rape or attempted murder?

I have been held down many times in elementary school to high school fighting or horsing around. I can't say it would have led to rape or death. That's a loooong shot and would need more evidence than what Ford has given to make a big drama and make it a national crisis over it.
Just how much time does she need to prepare to tell the truth?
Chuck Schumer admitted yesterday, he has already questioned her.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh, for whatever’s sake, I hope this is the very last of the extensions. Next one will be what? At 6 am Monday morning? I know they want to make sure no one can accuse them of not trying to accomadation her but this is just nuts. Those of you saying they don’t want her to testify are just lying to yourselves. On the other hand, I am beginning to think people saying she has no intention of ever testifying are the ones who are indeed right. Any doubt I have that this really and truly is nothing more than a political stunt is over. These people are playing games with an entire nation.
And destroying lives along the way.
No integrity or morals.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:14 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
For you young guys out there (even if in High School) that have goals in life better make sure you have any female or girlfriend sign a waiver form if your planning on going any further than a friendly hug.
I would recommend avoiding even a 'friendly' hug, because who's to say the recipient won't perceive is as being 'too friendly.' This is what we have come to in this society.
I'm glad I didn't have children and am glad I'm kinda old that I don't have to live with this stuff as part of daily life. What a sterile, awful world this is turning into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies